This build was archived May 19, 2008, for the following reasons:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category Great before being archived.
This build is a damage-focused Elementalist suitable for PvE groups. By utilizing both Air Attunement and Elemental Attunement, you get a huge energy return for each Air Magic spell cast, resulting in the ability to spam high energy cost skills repeatedly and continuously without running out of energy.
Attributes and Skills
Your maximum Energy is raised by 39.
EotNElementalist. Air Magic 15Shell ShockSpellTarget foe takes 30 lightning damage and has Cracked Armor for 20 seconds. This Spell has 25% armor penetration. If you are Overcast, this spell strikes adjacent foes.518CoreElementalist. Air Magic 15Lightning OrbSpellSend out a lightning Orb that strikes target foe for 100 lightning damage if it hits. This spell has 25% armor penetration.1525CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.FactionsElementalist. Air Magic 15Lightning HammerSpellTarget foe is struck for 100 lightning damage and applies Cracked Armor for 20 seconds. Lightning Hammer has 25% armor penetration.2524CoreElementalist. Air Magic 15Blinding FlashSpellTarget foe is Blinded for 8 seconds.10¾8CoreElementalist. Energy Storage 13Elemental AttunementElite Enchantment SpellFor 55 seconds, you are attuned to Air, Fire, Water, and Earth and gain +2 to these attributes. You gain 50% of the base Energy cost of the skill each time you use magic associated with any of these elements.10120CoreElementalist. Air Magic 15Air AttunementEnchantment SpellFor 60 seconds, you are attuned to Air. You gain 1 Energy plus 30% of the base Energy cost of the Skill whenever you use Air Magic.10130CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedResurrection SignetSignetResurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. This Signet only recharges when you gain a morale boost.3
- Any armor with max AL can be used with this build, but Blessed Insignia is preferred for its Armor bonus while enchanted.
- A 20/20 HCT/HSR Air Wand and a 20/20 HCT/HSR Air Magic Offhand.
- Cast and maintain Elemental Attunement and Air Attunement in that order. Keep them covered with Aura of Restoration.
- Use Blinding Flash on approaching enemy attackers to negate any physical attacks. You can easily keep two targets blinded.
- Lightning Hammer and Lightning Orb are your high damage, single-target skills.
- Use Lightning Strike for a quick casting damage spell.
- Upon casting/action hexes, such as Backfire.
- Enchantment removal, while not immediately devastating, will make energy management difficult, reducing the build's overall effectiveness.
- Protective Spirit and Spirit Bond.
- Lightning Strike can be used instead of Shell Shock.
- Lightning Bolt offers more damage than Lightning Strike but strikes with a projectile and has a longer recharge.
- Enervating Charge adds the Weakness condition compared to Lightning Strike, and with Dual Attunements costs the same (due to the lack of rounding for even-numbered spell costs). The only draw back is a slightly longer recharge rate.
- Lightning Javelin can be used as another quick casting damage spell. It also interrupts attacking targets, providing efficient shut down of Assassin, Dervish, Ranger and Warrior bosses when combined with Blinding Flash .
- Replace Blinding Flash with another damaging skill or Intensity when in areas with few martial classes and more spellcasters.
- For AB replace Resurrection Signet with Storm Djinn's Haste.
- Use Glyph of Elemental Power to increase the effectiveness of your spells.
- By taking Mesmer as secondary and bringing Arcane Echo you can spam damage-dealing spells more effectively, but be certain to maintain your Attunements if you decide to spam Lightning Hammer.
- Glyph of Concentration can be used to prevent annoying Mesmers or Rangers from interrupting your Attunements. This is extremely useful in PvP, where often you do not have 45 seconds to wait for the spells to recharge.
- Glyph of Lesser Energy can be wise if using with heroes.
- Consider Maelstrom to shut down casters in PvE.
- Aura of Restoration to maintain your Health.
- Glyph of Restoration for a strong self-heal.
- Always use Elemental Attunement before using Air Attunement. This way, the less effective enchantment will be removed first.
- Watch out for interrupt rangers & sins and blind them as soon as they are within range.
- Especially in AB, use walls and ledges for cover, but beware that lightning orb(projectile) will be obstructed.
- Although not so important outside of HA or GvG, coordinating a spike with teammates requires removing any "improved casting time" weapon upgrades which may cause you to spike off time.