The PvXwiki community finds this to be a good build.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 3.75 to < 4.75 and thus qualifies for the lower category of working builds: Good.
This build has been designed for the following use:
This is a build designed to farm mobs as a Dervish by bringing your health down to 130 health, so that Protective Spirit lowers damage taken to a maximum of 13.
Attributes and Skills
The energy cost of Dervish enchantments is reduced by 36%.
In PvE, gain +9 armor rating while enchanted.
CoreMonk. Protection Prayers 10Protective SpiritEnchantment SpellFor 17 seconds, target ally cannot lose more than 10% max Health due to damage from a single attack or Spell.10¼5NightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 16Mystic RegenerationEnchantment SpellFor 21 seconds, you have +4 Health regeneration for each enchantment (maximum of 8) on you.6¼10NightfallDervish. Mysticism 9Mystic VigorEnchantment SpellFor 20 seconds, every time you successfully hit with an attack, you gain 10 Health for each Enchantment on you (maximum 25 Health).3¼15NightfallDervish. Mysticism 9Banishing StrikeMelee AttackIf it hits, this attack deals 40 holy damage. It deals double damage to summoned creatures.513NightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 16Sand ShardsFlash Enchantment SpellFor 30 seconds, the next 5 times you hit with a scythe, all other adjacent foes take 63 earth damage.610NightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 16Vow of StrengthElite Enchantment SpellFor 15 seconds, whenever you attack a foe with your scythe, you deal 26 slashing damage to all adjacent foes.3¼20CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.PropheciesMonk. Smiting Prayers Balthazar's SpiritEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target ally gains adrenaline and Energy after taking damage. (The amount of adrenaline gained increases depending on your rank in Smiting Prayers.)-1102
- OptionalCoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional. :
- Heart of FuryNightfallDervish. Mysticism 9Heart of FuryStanceFor 7 seconds, you attack 25% faster.4
- Lyssa's HasteNightfallDervish. Wind Prayers 3Lyssa's HasteFlash Enchantment SpellFor 5 seconds, your Dervish enchantments recharge 33% faster. When you activate this enchantment, all adjacent foes are interrupted. When this enchantment ends, all adjacent foes are interrupted. 50% failure chance unless Wind Prayers 5 or higher.1015
- Victorious SweepNightfallDervish. Scythe Mastery 9Victorious SweepMelee AttackIf this attack hits, you deal +17 damage. If the target foe has less Health than you, you gain 60 Health.54
- Fleeting StabilityNightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 16Fleeting StabilityFlash Enchantment SpellFor 6 seconds, you cannot be knocked down and move 25% faster. This enchantment ends prematurely if it prevents a knockdown.510
- Eremite's AttackNightfallDervish. Scythe Mastery 9Eremite's AttackMelee AttackIf it hits, this attack deals +6 damage and removes a Dervish enchantment. If an enchantment is removed, you do an additional +6 damage and strike all adjacent foes.56
- Veil of ThornsNightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 16Veil of ThornsFlash Enchantment SpellWhen you cast this enchantment, all nearby foes are struck for 53 piercing damage. For 26 seconds, you take 37% less damage from spells.1015
- Shield of AbsorptionNightfallMonk. Protection Prayers 10Shield of AbsorptionEnchantment SpellFor 6 seconds, damage received by target ally is reduced by 5 each time that ally is hit while under the effects of this Enchantment.5110 and Shielding HandsCoreMonk. Protection Prayers 10Shielding HandsEnchantment SpellFor 8 seconds, damage and life steal received by target ally is reduced by 13. When Shielding Hands ends, that ally is healed for 35 Health.5¼15 - Against large enemy groups
- Ebon Battle Standard of HonorEotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank Ebon Battle Standard of HonorWard SpellYou plant an Ebon Battle Standard of Honor at your current location. For 14..20 seconds, non-Spirit allies in this area strike for +8..15 damage and an additional +7..10 vs. Charr.
- Mental BlockEotNNo Profession. Asura rank Mental BlockEnchantment SpellFor 5..11 seconds you have a 50% chance to block attacks. This Enchantment is reapplied every time an enemy strikes you.
- Pain InverterEotNNo Profession. Asura rank Pain InverterHex SpellFor 6..10 seconds, every time target foe deals damage that foe takes 100..140% of the damage it causes (maximum 80 damage).
PvE only.10120 - Against bosses
- Runes of Superior Scythe Mastery, Superior Earth Prayer, Superior Mysticism, and 2 superior runes of your choice, though not Vigor runes
- Radiant Insignia for more energy
- Any kind of armor other than armor with the survivor insignia or health boosting runes will do, as long as it has a total of 5 superior runes on. Note that armor level does not matter for this build, so a set of armor purchased in Kamadan will serve this builds purposes just fine.
- A customized Scythe with a "Guided by Fate"/"Strength and Honor"/"To the Pain!" inscription. A scythe grip of Enchanting and a Sundering or Zealous scythe snathe can make things easier.
- A Zealous scythe is recommended while facing only one foe; if you don't use one you may not gain enough energy to recast all 3 enchantments. Note that energy management when facing a single foe may become easier by dropping Balthazar's Spirit.
- Asterius' Scythe, Scythe of Corruption, Deldrimor Shear and Droknar's Reaper are absolutely perfect. Dwayna's Grace, Lyssa's Bedlam, or Suli's Scythe would work well for this build. The Soulbreaker also works. Decade Scythe "Funeral Fang" will give excellent results during events.
- When you approach a mob cast Protective Spirit, Mystic Regeneration, Sand Shards & Vow of Strength and maintain these throughout the battle. Aggro the monster(s) use Mystic Vigor and spam Sand Shards & Banishing Strike. If you're having trouble staying alive, consider deliberately getting yourself killed; the resultant Death Penalty will lower your health and therefore make the build more effective.
- Mystic Regeneration is quite effective at keeping your health up, however enemies with fast attack speed or powerful health degen spells can render it useless. Try not to face your target alone, make sure he has company so that Mystic Vigor triggers more often. When you aggro a group, make sure they are more or less mobbed up.
- Anti-Melee will reduce damage, but Vow of Strength will still hit through miss/block.
- Enchantment removal.
- Health Stealing/Loss will bypass Protective Spirit.
- Energy Denial (Spirit Shackles in particular)
- Spirit of Symbiosis
Farming spots and builds
|Variant: D/Mo 130hp Jade Brotherhood Farmer|
|Variant: D/Mo 130hp Behemoth Farmer|
- Vow of Silence: Prevent dangerous spells such as enchantment removals and interrupts. Renewing your other enchantments may become difficult.
- Armor of Sanctity and Eremite's Attack Instead of Mystic Vigor and Banishing Strike. Can tackle larger mobs and gives bigger spikes. But may be difficult to keep up.
- Unlike the traditional Invincible Monk, Death Penalty is not an issue with this build. If you die once, you can still run it fine, it's actually easier if you have 58 health. Same goes if you die twice. If you die 3 times, swap out one superior rune (put on one piece of your normal armor). Experiment with different normal armor pieces and different scythes on. You'll eventually get to a value below 100.