The PvXwiki community finds this to be a good build.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 3.75 to < 4.75 and thus qualifies for the lower category of working builds: Good.
This build has been designed for the following use:
PVE build for farming the start of Gates of Kryta in HM. Utilizes heavy holy AoE damage to quickly kill the undead.
The energy cost of Dervish enchantments is reduced by 44%.
In PvE, gain +11 armor rating while enchanted.
CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.NightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 14Sand ShardsFlash Enchantment SpellFor 30 seconds, the next 5 times you hit with a scythe, all other adjacent foes take 57 earth damage.610NightfallDervish. Scythe Mastery 11Reap ImpuritiesMelee AttackIf this attack hits, you deal +12 damage. Each foe you hit loses 1 condition. For each foe who loses a condition, all foes adjacent to that target foe take 32 holy damage.5CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.NightfallDervish. Mysticism 11Extend EnchantmentsSkillFor 10 seconds, your next Dervish enchantment lasts 113% longer.510NightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 14Mirage CloakFlash Enchantment SpellFor 7 seconds, you have a 77% chance to block incoming attacks. When you cast this enchantment, all nearby foes are struck for 38 earth damage.610NightfallDervish. Mysticism 11Mystic VigorEnchantment SpellFor 20 seconds, every time you successfully hit with an attack, you gain 12 Health for each Enchantment on you (maximum 25 Health).3¼15NightfallDervish. Mysticism 11Avatar of BalthazarElite FormFor 69 seconds, you gain +20 armor against physical damage, you gain adrenaline 25% faster, your attacks deal holy damage, and whenever you lose a Dervish enchantment, nearby foes are set on fire for 2 seconds. This skill is disabled for 45 seconds.5220
OptionalCoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.
Options for slot 1
- Whirlwind AttackNightfallWarrior. Sunspear rank Whirlwind AttackMelee AttackAttack target and adjacent foes. Each attack that hits deals +13..20 damage.
PvE only.61 - Hits every foe around you. Combined with mystic vigor, can fully refill your HP in one blow and, with a zealous scythe, fill your energy.
- Crippling VictoryEotNDervish. Scythe Mastery 11Crippling VictoryScythe AttackIf this attack hits a foe, that foe is Crippled for 7 seconds. If you have more Health than target foe, all adjacent foes take 25 earth damage.6 Can be used to spam reap impurities.
- Chilling VictoryNightfallDervish. Scythe Mastery 11Chilling VictoryScythe AttackIf it hits, this attack strikes for +12 damage. For each foe hit who has less Health than you, that foe and all adjacent foes are struck for 25 cold damage.6 - Very nice AoE damage even if not Holy damage.
- Aura of Holy MightFactionsDervish. Kurzick rank Aura of Holy Might (Kurzick)Enchantment SpellFor 45 seconds, you deal 20..25 holy damage to all adjacent foes whenever you lose a Dervish enchantment.
PvE only.10¾30 - boosts AoE damage.
- Heart of FuryNightfallDervish. Mysticism 11Heart of FuryStanceFor 8 seconds, you attack 25% faster.4 - IAS.
- Veil of ThornsNightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 14Veil of ThornsFlash Enchantment SpellWhen you cast this enchantment, all nearby foes are struck for 47 piercing damage. For 24 seconds, you take 33% less damage from spells.1015 - to mitigate Death Nova damage.
- Ebon Battle Standard of HonorEotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank Ebon Battle Standard of HonorWard SpellYou plant an Ebon Battle Standard of Honor at your current location. For 14..20 seconds, non-Spirit allies in this area strike for +8..15 damage and an additional +7..10 vs. Charr.
Options for slot 4
- ConvictionNightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 14ConvictionFlash Enchantment SpellFor 10 seconds, you have +10 armor if you have a condition and gain 3 Health regen for each condition you have. When this enchantment ends, you are cured of 2 conditions.510 - Short duration to trigger burning effect from AoB.
- Mystic RegenerationNightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 14Mystic RegenerationEnchantment SpellFor 19 seconds, you have +4 Health regeneration for each enchantment (maximum of 8) on you.10¼10 - Reliable regen.
- Maintain enchantments and Avatar of Balthazar. Always use Extend Enchantments before Mirage Cloak for permanent upkeep.
- Avatar of Balthazar will provide armor, adrenaline and holy damage. It will also apply burning at enchantments ending for you to use reap impurities.
- You will suffer from Poison, cripple, bleeding, deep wound = -7 degen. Conviction will provide +12 regen. so a positive +5
- You should recover 75 Hp per attack and around 250hp if you are using whirlwind attack.
- Use Reap Impurities after Sand Shards expires.
|Variant: D/any Gates of Kryta HM Farmer Pious Renewal|
OptionalCoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.
Options for slot 6
Options for slot 7
*Optional: slot 7 & 8
- Avatar of Balthazar requires Zealous scythe with +20% enchant duration.
- You can use any scythe with Pious Renewal build (20% enchant duration is advised tho).
- Windwalker Insignia
- Blessed or Sentry's can be used with slightly more risk (the main threatening damage is armor-ignoring anyway)
- Start the mission and take the hidden path behind the little house on the left.
- Aggro + pop what you can and try to stand in a narrow place so the foes can hardly run away.
- The best spot would be where you can pile the corpses without letting the necromancers be in range of those. Otherwise they will raise 2 minions per corpse and put Death Nova on them. Death Nova being the only threat of the farm.
This part is optional and depends if you deem it profitable and ethical enough.
- After killing all the foes, you can continue along the path to find a group with a necromancer, 4 hellhounds and a ranger.
- Then there are 6 inanimate foes which will not fight back even when being hit. (seems like a bug)
- continue forward and enter a cave with 3 necromancer and 6 hellhounds. don't stay too long near the entrance because of patrolling group with mesmers in it. (mesmers have fragility and ineptitude)
|Avatar of Balthazar
- A speed boost Paragon hero can speed up the first part of the run significantly. Flag your hero to the main road right before you'd turn left towards the farming spot. Just before parting ways, make the hero use Enduring Harmony and "Make Haste!" on you.