The PvXwiki community finds this to be a great build.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Use Assassin's Promise for energy management and to bypass cooldown restrictions for the hard hitting single-target abilities of Air Magic, the heavy nuking capabilities of Fire Magic (including knockdowns through Meteor Shower), or the utility and AoE shutdown of Earth Magic. Works equally well in hero teams and full human teams.
Attributes and Skills
Your maximum Energy is raised by 12.
EotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank Ebon Vanguard Assassin SupportSpellSummon a level 14..20 Ebon Vanguard Assassin that has Iron Palm, Fox Fangs and Nine Tail Strike. This summoned Assassin Shadow Steps to target foe. If that foe is a Charr, the Assassin lives for 24..30 seconds. If target foe is not a Charr, the Assassin lives for 12..15 seconds.
PvE only.10130EotNNo Profession. Norn rank "You Move Like a Dwarf!"ShoutTarget foe is knocked down and takes 44..80 damage. When that foe gets up, it is Crippled for 8..15 seconds.
PvE only.1010FactionsAssassin. Deadly Arts 12Assassin's PromiseElite Hex SpellFor 13 seconds, if target foe dies, you gain 17 Energy and all your skills are recharged.5¾45EotNNo Profession. Norn rank "Finish Him!"ShoutIf target foe has less than 50% Health, that foe takes 44..80 damage and suffers from Cracked Armor and a Deep Wound for 12..20 seconds.
PvE only.1015CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreElementalist. Energy Storage 4Glyph of Lesser EnergyGlyphFor the next 15 seconds, your next 2 Spells cost 12 less Energy to cast.5130CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.
- Air Magic (12+1+3):
- Lightning StrikeCoreElementalist. Air Magic 16Lightning StrikeHex SpellStrike target foe for 53 lightning damage. This spell has 25% armor penetration. If you are Overcast, that foe is hexed with Lightning Strike for 3 seconds. When this hex ends, that foe is struck again for 53 lightning damage.515 Single-target damage hex.
- Chain LightningPropheciesElementalist. Air Magic 16Chain LightningSpellTarget foe and up to two other foes near your target are struck for 90 lightning damage. This spell has 25% armor penetration.51026 Multi-targeting damage spell.
- Air AttunementCoreElementalist. Air Magic 16Air AttunementEnchantment SpellFor 62 seconds, you are attuned to Air. You gain 1 Energy plus 30% of the base Energy cost of the Skill whenever you use Air Magic.10130
- Earth Magic (12+1+3):
- EruptionPropheciesElementalist. Earth Magic 16EruptionSpellCause an Eruption at target foe's location. Each second for 5 seconds, foes near this location are struck for 42 earth damage and are Blinded for 10 seconds.25230 - AoE Blind/damage.
- Churning EarthFactionsElementalist. Earth Magic 16Churning EarthSpellCreate Churning Earth at target foe's location. For the next 5 seconds, Churning Earth strikes foes near that location for 42 earth damage each second. Any foe moving faster than normal when struck by Churning Earth is knocked down.15230 knocks down moving foes (all foes in Hard Mode).
- Obsidian FlameCoreElementalist. Earth Magic 16Obsidian FlameSpellDeal 118 damage to target foe. This Spell ignores armor.551.55 - armour ignoring single target damage.
- Earth AttunementCoreElementalist. Earth Magic 16Earth AttunementEnchantment SpellFor 62 seconds, you are attuned to Earth. You gain 1 Energy plus 30% of the base Energy cost of the Skill each time you use Earth Magic.10130
- Fire Magic (12+1+3):
- Rodgort's InvocationPropheciesElementalist. Fire Magic 16Rodgort's InvocationSpellTarget foe and all nearby foes are struck for 127 fire damage and set on fire for 3 seconds.2528 - AoE damage
- FireballCoreElementalist. Fire Magic 16FireballSpellSend out a ball of fire that strikes target foe and all adjacent foes for 119 fire damage.101.57 - AoE damage
- Fire AttunementCoreElementalist. Fire Magic 16Fire AttunementEnchantment SpellFor 62 seconds, you are attuned to Fire. You gain 1 Energy plus 30% of the base Energy cost of the Skill each time you use Fire Magic.10130
- Glyph of SacrificePropheciesElementalist. UnlinkedGlyph of SacrificeGlyphFor 15 seconds, your next Spell may be cast instantly, but it takes an additional 30 seconds to recharge. Ends prematurely if you use a non-spell skill.5115 plus Meteor ShowerPropheciesElementalist. Fire Magic 3Meteor ShowerSpellCreate a Meteor Shower at target foe's location. For 9 seconds, foes adjacent to that location are struck for 28 fire damage and knocked down every 3 seconds.1025560 for KDs to take down groups easier. Watch out for exhaustion when spamming this.
- Ebon Battle Standard of HonorEotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank 10Ebon Battle Standard of HonorWard SpellYou plant an Ebon Battle Standard of Honor at your current location. For 20 seconds, non-Spirit allies in this area strike for +15 damage and an additional +10 vs. Charr.
PvE only.10120 over "YMLaD!" When using Earth spells to increase AoE damage considerably.
- Blessed Insignias.
- Vitae runes with the best vigor rune affordable.
- Half Skill Recharge is unnecessary on mods, however half-cast time is desirable.
- Ideal would be an Adept (air/earth/fire) Staff of Fortitude with Aptitude Not Attitude inscription.
- Maintain the Attunement.
- Use Glyph of Lesser Energy as often as necessary.
- Use Assassin's Promise on called target when health begins to drop.
- Remember that shouts can be used during the cast of other spells, and use them accordingly.
- Due to the nature of the Earth variant, cast AP only when the foe has dropped past 50% health, lower or when you see their death in 6 seconds being imminent (i.e. no enemy healers left).
- For the earth variant, use Churning Earth before Eruption to help prevent scatter.
- A very common and effective opening sequence would be to target the healer in the group and the following sequence.
- Glyph of Lesser Energy
- Ebon Vanguard Assassin Support
- Chain lightning or Churning Earth and use YMLAD during the cast
- The target should be under half health, so Assassin's Promise, "Finish Him!", and Chain Lightning or Eruption. The target is likely dead.
- All skills are recharged through AP, so reuse the glyph if needed, and repeat the damage.
- Hex Removal of AP.
- Failure to kill AP marked targets.
- Vocal Minority prevents shouts. Consider other PvE-only skills in areas where this may be a problem.