This build is provisionally vetted great pending more votes.
This build has received a provisional rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
- Slightly less common than the assassin build due to being slightly less forgiving of mistakes, but still very commonly seen during holiday events.
Attributes and Skills
Your maximum Energy is raised by 9.
EotNElementalist. Air Magic 2Glyph of SwiftnessGlyphFor 15 seconds, your next 2 Spells recharge 25% faster, and projectiles from those spells move 200% faster.5110CoreElementalist. Earth Magic 15Obsidian FleshElite Enchantment SpellFor 20 seconds, you gain +20 armor and cannot be the target of enemy Spells, but cannot attack and have -2 energy degeneration.25130NightfallElementalist. Earth Magic 15Stoneflesh AuraEnchantment SpellFor 15 seconds, damage you receive is reduced by 31, and you are immune to critical attacks.10215CoreMesmer. Inspiration Magic 5Mantra of EarthStanceFor 50 seconds, whenever you take earth damage, the damage is reduced by 34% and you gain 2 Energy.1020PropheciesMesmer. Domination Magic 12Wastrel's WorryHex SpellAfter 3 seconds, target foe and all adjacent foes take 84 damage. Wastrel's Worry ends prematurely if that foe uses a skill.5¼1NightfallMesmer. Domination Magic 12Wastrel's DemiseHex SpellFor 5 seconds, target foe is hexed with Wastrel's Demise. Each second while hexed, target foe and all foes adjacent to that foe take 8 damage and an additional 8 damage for each second this spell is in effect. This hex ends prematurely if target foe uses a skill. 5¼3CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.
- OptionalCoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional. :
- Arcane EchoCoreMesmer. UnlinkedArcane EchoEnchantment SpellIf you cast a Spell in the next 20 seconds, Arcane Echo is replaced with that Spell for 20 seconds. Arcane Echo ends prematurely if you use a non-Spell skill.15220
- Crystal WavePropheciesElementalist. Earth Magic 15Crystal WaveSpellFoes adjacent to you are struck for 70 damage but are cured of any negative Conditions. Each condition removed deals 15 damage.15¾15
- Ether NightmareFactionsMesmer. Kurzick rank Ether Nightmare (Kurzick)Hex SpellTarget foe loses 5..8 Energy. For each point of Energy lost in this way, that foe and all foes in the area suffer -1 Health degeneration for 10 seconds.
- Cry of PainNightfallMesmer. Sunspear rank Cry of PainSpellInterrupt target foe's skill. If that foe was suffering from a Mesmer Hex, that foe and all foes in the area take 25..50 damage and -3..5 Health degeneration for 10 seconds.
- Light of DeldrimorEotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank Light of DeldrimorSpellAll foes in the area are struck for 55..80 holy damage. The location of hidden objects are briefly indicated on your Compass. Any hidden objects in the area are revealed.
PvE only.5¾20 with high Dwarf-Ranking
- Storm Djinn's HasteNightfallElementalist. Air Magic 2Storm Djinn's HasteEnchantment SpellFor 12 seconds, you move 25% faster. Each second that you are moving, you lose 1 Energy.5¼10 for running to Jaga Moraine and balling faster
- Earth AttunementCoreElementalist. Earth Magic 15Earth AttunementEnchantment SpellFor 60 seconds, you are attuned to Earth. You gain 1 Energy plus 30% of the base Energy cost of the Skill each time you use Earth Magic.10130 for eliminating all energy problems. No need to maintain once Vaettir's start attacking.
- Full Geomancer Insignias
- +20% enchantment weapon. Energy around 50 or more is suggested.
- Shield of Fortitude (+10 vs. Earth Damage), optional unless not using Geomancer insignias
- 40/40 Domination Magic set for spamming, but not required.
- Start at Longeye's Ledge and run to Jaga Moraine in Hard Mode. You can avoid all monsters.
- If you trigger a Frost Wurm, cast Obsidian Flesh and then run away.
- Maintain Mantra of Earth as well as Obsidian Flesh and Stoneflesh Aura while aggroing.
- Cast Glyph of Swiftness before renewing Obsidian Flesh. Cast Glyph of Swiftness early on to avoid renewing Obsidian Flesh at the same time as Stoneflesh Aura.
- You typically split killing the Vaettir into two groups, a north and south side. Aggro a side and wait for them to ball. A more advanced pull of all the Vaettir can be seen in on the A/Me version.
- Start spamming Wastrel's Worry and Wastrel's Demise. Tab between foes to avoid waiting for the spells to expire and Lyssa's Aura canceling them.
- Pick up your drops and rezone.
- Spectral Vaettir deal earth damage with their attacks, causing Mantra of Earth to trigger.
- If you pre-cast Glyph of Swiftness and Obsidian Flesh but delay casting Stoneflesh until you've pulled the first 2-4 mobs, you can avoid most energy problems by getting hit sooner.
- Beginning in the south is better for Norn points.