This build is in the metagame and deserves to be stored.
This build has been designed for the following use:
|This build is significantly affected by the Flux: Jack of All Trades. |
See the build's talk page for discussion and ramifications not noted here.
Notes: 10+1 air magic/energy storage, 11 protection prayers. Spirit bond over mystic regeneration, glyph of restoration over shock arrow.
Extremely strong split character that outputs large bursts of damage with knockdown(s). Especially effective against healers.
- Solosplit variant is common as the best bar in that role.
- Duo split version is somewhat common as an alternative to Mind Shock. The duo split partner is usually a Mind Burn Elementalist.
Attributes and Skills
|Variant: E/D GvG Lightning Surge Solo Split|
|Variant: E/Mo GvG Lightning Surge Split Partner|
- 5x Blessed Insignia. Aeromancer if anticipating to play against other lightning surge elementalists.
- Superior Vigor
- Air rune (Minor/Major/Superior are all acceptable according to personal taste)
- Minor Energy Storage
- Air Wand of Memory, 20% cast time
- Air Focus of Aptitude, 20% recharge
- Air Wand of Memory, +15/-1 energy
- Energy Storage Focus of Fortitude, +15/-1 energy
- Adept Air Staff of Enchanting, 20% cast time
- Spear of Defense, +5 energy or 10% recharge or 10% cast time
- Strength Shield of Fortitude, -20% cripple
- Strength Shields of Fortitude, +10 armor vs each damage type
- Maintain Air Attunement, cover with Aura of Restoration.
- Use Lightning Surge both as a source of damage and a knockdown (e.g. against split characters being collapsed on, or on the enemy healer on splits, or as a leadup to a spike).
- Cover Lightning Surge with Lightning Strike if needed (e.g. against monks who are actively removing Lightning Surge before the 3-second delay). Make sure to have some Overcast so that Lightning Strike has its hex effect.
- Use Windborne Speed as needed.
- If Shock Arrow is being used, try to land its conditional effect as often as possible for energy management. Bear in mind that Cracked Armor from Lightning Surge has a long duration, and Shock Arrow does not need to be used in sequence with other offensive spells.
- If Gale is being used, use it to set up Lightning Surge on a kiting target or to quarterknock after Lightning Surge's knockdown.
- If Teinai's Wind is being used, quarterrupt with it after knockdowns, or simply use it as a large nuke. Make sure to coordinate with your split partner about when Mind Burn is being used (or confirm the burning effect visually if possible).
- Enchantment removal
- General Anti-Caster
- Hex removal