Build:Me/A Assassin's Promise
The PvXwiki community finds this to be a good build.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 3.75 to < 4.75 and thus qualifies for the lower category of working builds: Good.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Attributes and Skills
You activate Spells and Signets 34% faster. (No effect for non-Mesmer skills with a cast time less than 2 seconds.)
In PvE, the recharge time of your Mesmer Spells is reduced by 27%.
FactionsAssassin. Deadly Arts 9Assassin's PromiseElite Hex SpellFor 11 seconds, if target foe dies, you gain 14 Energy and all your skills are recharged.5¾45EotNNo Profession. Norn rank "You Move Like a Dwarf!"ShoutTarget foe is knocked down and takes 44..80 damage. When that foe gets up, it is Crippled for 8..15 seconds.
PvE only.1010CoreMesmer. UnlinkedArcane EchoEnchantment SpellIf you cast a Spell in the next 20 seconds, Arcane Echo is replaced with that Spell for 20 seconds. Arcane Echo ends prematurely if you use a non-Spell skill.151.320EotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank Ebon Vanguard Assassin SupportSpellSummon a level 14..20 Ebon Vanguard Assassin that has Iron Palm, Fox Fangs and Nine Tail Strike. This summoned Assassin Shadow Steps to target foe. If that foe is a Charr, the Assassin lives for 24..30 seconds. If target foe is not a Charr, the Assassin lives for 12..15 seconds.
PvE only.10130EotNNo Profession. Norn rank "Finish Him!"ShoutIf target foe has less than 50% Health, that foe takes 44..80 damage and suffers from Cracked Armor and a Deep Wound for 12..20 seconds.
PvE only.1015CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.FactionsMesmer. Inspiration Magic 9Auspicious IncantationEnchantment SpellFor 20 seconds, the next spell you cast is disabled for an additional 7 seconds, and you gain 164% of that spell's Energy cost.50.725
- Domination Magic - 11+1+3 in Domination Magic
- MistrustNightfallMesmer. Domination Magic 15MistrustHex SpellFor 6 seconds, the next spell that target foe casts on one of your allies fails and deals 100 damage to that foe and all nearby foes.10212 for AoE and shutdown
- Chaos StormPropheciesMesmer. Domination Magic 15Chaos StormSpellCreate a Chaos Storm at target foe's location that lasts for 10 seconds. Each second, foes adjacent to this location take 25 damage and lose 2 Energy5230 for AoE nuke with Arcane Echo
- OverloadFactionsMesmer. Domination Magic 15OverloadHex SpellFor 5 seconds, target foe suffers -3 Health degeneration. If target foe is using a skill, then Overload deals 75 damage to that foe and all adjacent foes.5¼5 damage, cover hex and hex fodder
- Illusion Magic - 11+1+3 in Illusion Magic
- Illusion of PainFactionsMesmer. Illusion Magic 15Illusion of PainHex SpellFor 8 seconds, target foe has -10 Health degeneration and takes 10 damage each second. When Illusion of Pain ends, that foe is healed for 120.1025 extra single-target damage
- Wandering EyeEotNMesmer. Illusion Magic 15Wandering EyeHex SpellFor 4 seconds, the next time target foe attacks, that attack is interrupted and all nearby foes take 110 damage.5212 AoE damage
- Arcane ConundrumCoreMesmer. Illusion Magic 15Arcane ConundrumHex SpellFor 15 seconds, Spells cast by target foe and all adjacent foes take twice as long to cast. When this hex ends, you gain 7 Energy.10220 Energy management and anti-spell. Use over Auspicious Incantation when using Illusion
- Full Survivor
- Runes of Vitae
- Staff with 20%/30% HCT (swift staff head, inscription "Don't Think Twice")
- Arcane Echo -> Ebon Vanguard Assassin Support -> Assassin's Promise -> "Finish Him!" for spiking.
- Alternatively, simply use Assassin's Promise -> Ebon Vanguard Assassin Support -> armor-ignoring damage -> "Finish Him!" for quick kills.
- Use Arcane Echo with Wandering Eye or Mistrust for spamming AoE damage.
- Use other skills during cooldown to push kills or nuke.
- Accumulated Pain instead of "Finish Him!". Use with Overload or other cheap hexes.
- Phantom Pain instead of "Finish Him!". Use with Shatter Delusions or Drain Delusions.
- Cry of Frustration for condition AoE damage, use to shutdown casters.
- Bring a high energy set incase you dun gone goofed up.