Build:Me/A Stygian Farmer
The PvXwiki community finds this to be a great build.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Abuses pathing AI to farm stygian gemstones, lightbringer rep, and gold.
Attributes and Skills
You activate Spells and Signets 37% faster. (No effect for non-Mesmer skills with a cast time less than 2 seconds.)
In PvE, the recharge time of your Mesmer Spells is reduced by 30%.
NightfallMesmer. Domination Magic 16Wastrel's DemiseHex SpellFor 5 seconds, target foe is hexed with Wastrel's Demise. Each second while hexed, target foe and all foes adjacent to that foe take 11 damage and an additional 11 damage for each second this spell is in effect. This hex ends prematurely if target foe uses a skill. 50.23PropheciesMesmer. Domination Magic 16Wastrel's WorryHex SpellAfter 3 seconds, target foe and all adjacent foes take 105 damage. Wastrel's Worry ends prematurely if that foe uses a skill.50.21CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.PropheciesMesmer. Inspiration Magic 4ChannelingEnchantment SpellFor 21 seconds, whenever you cast a Spell, you gain 1 Energy for each foe in the area.50.615EotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank Dwarven StabilityEnchantment SpellFor 24..30 seconds, your Stances last 55..100% longer. If you activated this Skill while drunk, you cannot be knocked down.
PvE only.5¼30FactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 9Shadow of HasteStanceFor 28 seconds you move 15% faster than normal. When Shadow of Haste ends, you shadow step to your original location.545FactionsAssassin. UnlinkedDashStanceFor 3 seconds, you run 50% faster.58
- Shadow Sanctuary (Luxon)FactionsAssassin. Luxon rank Shadow Sanctuary (Luxon)Enchantment SpellYou are Blinded for 5 seconds. For 10 seconds, you gain +7..10 Health regeneration and +40 armor.
PvE only.5¼30 (necessary to kill the Stygian Golem)
- MindbenderEotNNo Profession. Asura rank MindbenderEnchantment SpellFor 6..16 seconds, you move 20..33% faster and your Spells take 20% less time to cast.
PvE only.5124 Easier to handle aggro
- "I Am Unstoppable!"EotNNo Profession. Norn rank "I Am Unstoppable!"ShoutFor 16..20 seconds, you have +24 armor and cannot be knocked down or Crippled.
PvE only.530 Easier to handle Bull's ChargePropheciesWarrior. Strength Bull's ChargeElite StanceFor 5..10..11 seconds, you move 33% faster and if you strike a moving foe in melee, that foe is knocked down. Bull's Charge ends if you use a skill.520
- OverloadFactionsMesmer. Domination Magic OverloadHex SpellFor 5 seconds, target foe suffers -1..3..3 Health degeneration. If target foe is using a skill, then Overload deals 15..63..79 damage to that foe and all adjacent foes.5¼5 More DPS
- Cry of PainNightfallMesmer. Sunspear rank Cry of PainSpellInterrupt target foe's skill. If that foe was suffering from a Mesmer Hex, that foe and all foes in the area take 25..50 damage and -3..5 Health degeneration for 10 seconds.
PvE only.10¼15 More DPS
- Visions of RegretNightfallMesmer. Domination Magic Visions of RegretElite Hex SpellFor 10 seconds, target foe and adjacent foes take 15..39..47 damage whenever they use a skill and 5..41..53 damage if not under the effects of another Mesmer hex.10220 More DPS
- Dark EscapeFactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts Dark EscapeStanceFor 5..13..16 seconds, you move 25% faster and take half damage. Dark Escape ends if you successfully hit with an attack.530 over Dash
- Grab the quest and move to position A. This a is a safe spot in the alcove where the cliff and tendril gate intersect.
- Once the Hungers move away, head to position B.
- First move near the corner behind the gate.
- Face slightly left of perpendicular to the gate and strafe northwesterly.
- You will slowly move to the left until you catch onto the invisible polygon, this is the safe spot.
- If you face too far to the left, you won't catch the corner correctly and slip off.
- Reset if you rubberband in the slightest, you can be punished for moving away a few pixels.
- Once you are in position, use Dwarven Stability and Shadow of Haste.
- Lure Stygian Hungers back to the tendril gate next to safe spot B. Walk backwards or sideways to avoid breaking aggro in Normal Mode.
- Stand perfectly still and cancel Shadow of Haste with Dash. Moving will cause you to move off of position when you shadowstep. You can break aggro in Normal Mode, but Hard Mode is a death warrant.
- Use skills to kill them.
- Wastrels Worry → Tab → Wastrel's Worry → Shatter Delusions.
- Taking a 1-2 second break between cycles should avoid the far group breaking off. Use Wastrel's Worry on them if they do begin to run.
- Immediately use Dwarven Stability and Shadow of Haste and move back to position A. This lets the Stygian Brutes by.
- Shadow of Haste will last long enough for you to lure and kill the second cycle.
- You can continue killing the next three spawns at the spawn near position B. The third cycle has Stygian Fiends, which are a waste of time to attempt killing.
- Echo for Heart of Shadow, Dark Escape, and other reasons.
- Visions of Regret to prevent Hungers from using skills and finishing them off.
- Bad pulls
- Unlucky aggro, usually resulting in furthest group running away.
- KD from Bull's Strike if not brave enough