This build is in the metagame and deserves to be stored.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Designed to farm Vaettir in Hard Mode for Glacial Stones, mesmer tomes, golds, and event items during holiday events. This farm is also a popular way to get the Survivor Title with the additional use of Experience Scrolls.
Attributes and Skills
You activate Spells and Signets 34% faster. (No effect for non-Mesmer skills with a cast time less than 2 seconds.)
In PvE, the recharge time of your Mesmer Spells is reduced by 27%.
NightfallAssassin. Deadly Arts Deadly ParadoxStanceAll of your attack Skills are disabled for 10 seconds. For 5..13..16 seconds, your Assassin Skills activate and recharge 33% faster.1510FactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 12Shadow FormElite Enchantment SpellFor 18 seconds, you cannot be the target of enemy Spells, and you gain 5 damage reduction for each Assassin enchantment on you. You cannot deal more than 21 damage with a single skill or attack.5130FactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 12Shroud of DistressEnchantment SpellFor 54 seconds, if you are below 50% Health, you have 7 health regeneration and a 75% chance to block attacks.10145CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreMesmer. UnlinkedArcane EchoEnchantment SpellIf you cast a Spell in the next 20 seconds, Arcane Echo is replaced with that Spell for 20 seconds. Arcane Echo ends prematurely if you use a non-Spell skill.151.320NightfallMesmer. Domination Magic 11Wastrel's DemiseHex SpellFor 5 seconds, target foe is hexed with Wastrel's Demise. Each second while hexed, target foe and all foes adjacent to that foe take 8 damage and an additional 8 damage for each second this spell is in effect. This hex ends prematurely if target foe uses a skill. 50.23CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.
Variable Skill Slot 1 & 2:
- Way of the MasterEotNAssassin. Critical Strikes 0Way of the MasterEnchantment SpellFor 60 seconds, while holding a non-dagger weapon, you have an additional 3% chance to land a critical hit.5¼30 - Recommended for safe tanking
- Way of PerfectionFactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 12Way of PerfectionEnchantment SpellFor 60 seconds, whenever you successfully land a critical hit, you gain 34 Health.5¼30 - Recommended for safe tanking
- Great Dwarf ArmorEotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank Great Dwarf ArmorEnchantment SpellFor 22..40 seconds, target ally has +24 armor, +60 maximum Health, and an additional +24 armor against Destroyers.
- Dark EscapeFactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 16Dark EscapeStanceFor 16 seconds, you move 25% faster and take half damage. Dark Escape ends if you successfully hit with an attack.530 - Useful for running through Bjora Marches. Can also be used to survive with alternative weapon sets (with HSR mod for example)
Variable Skill Slot 3:
- ChannelingPropheciesMesmer. Inspiration Magic 5ChannelingEnchantment SpellFor 24 seconds, whenever you cast a Spell, you gain 1 Energy for each foe in the area.5115
- Mantra of EarthCoreMesmer. Inspiration Magic 5Mantra of EarthStanceFor 50 seconds, whenever you take earth damage, the damage is reduced by 34% and you gain 2 Energy.1020
- Mantra of Lightning - For Dragon Moss farming
- Full Blessed Insignias
- Attunement Runes
- Sword, Spear, or Axe with +5 energy and +20% enchantments (for example: Totem Axe)
- Shield +10ar vs. Earth Damage (Inscription: "Like a Rolling Stone")
- Equip your Norn title and make sure you are in Hard Mode.
- Start from Longeye's Ledge to Jaga Moraine. Don't aggro anything along the way.
- Take the bounty (if desired). If this is the first time you've encountered this shrine keeper, bring heroes along to quickly defeat him and flag them away from the farm afterwards. You will not need to bring them in future runs.
- Maintain Channeling or Mantra of Earth, SF and SoD (cast both under Deadly Paradox), and your optional skills. (Note: When it says maintain SF you want to recast it before it expires. If you wait too long there is a chance that SF will be off for a split second before you get it back on and this will cause you to lose the dmg reduction you've worked up.)
- Recast Shroud of Distress on recharge to get the damage reduction stack.
- Group the vaettir up into a tight ball. You can do this in two separate pulls, or in one (see the videos).
- Kill them using Arcane Echo and Wastrel's Demise (tabbing to a new vaettir after hexing one). Rinse and repeat.
- Failure to maintain SF.
- Taking too much damage. (Should only happen if you're not using the right equipment.)
|Me/A - One Ball Pull
|Me/A - Two Ball Pull|
Dragon Moss Farming
- Requires the A New Escort quest.
- Run into Drazach Thicket from Saint Anjeka's Shrine.
- Maintain all enchantments and Mantra of Lightning.
- Agro all of the Dragon Moss and run back towards the shrine along the ledge. They should ball up on the ledge behind you.
- Recast enchantments for a fresh set then cast Arcane Echo -> Wastrel's Demise -> and then keep spamming Wastrel's pressing
TABeach time to switch to a different target.
- If you brought other damage spells, you can cast those as well.