The PvXwiki community finds this to be a good build.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 3.75 to < 4.75 and thus qualifies for the lower category of working builds: Good.
This build has been designed for the following use:
|This build is positively affected by the Flux: All In. |
See the build's talk page for discussion and ramifications not noted here.
Notes: Replace Drain Enchantment and the optionals with Domination Magic and/or No Attribute skills. Decrease Inspiration Magic to 0. Increase Fast Casting 12 + 1. Replace the Rune of Minor Inspiration Magic.
This build assumes the Avatar of Kanye to primarily utilize a wide array of interrupts in order to frustrate enemy attempts to capture shrines while also inflicting heavy damage on casters and naturally unwary NPCs.
Attributes and Skills
You activate Spells and Signets 37% faster. (No effect for non-Mesmer skills with a cast time less than 2 seconds.)
In PvE, the recharge time of your Mesmer Spells is reduced by 30%.
PropheciesMesmer. Domination Magic 14Chaos StormSpellCreate a Chaos Storm at target foe's location that lasts for 10 seconds. Each second, foes adjacent to this location take 24 damage and lose 2 Energy51.330PropheciesElementalist. UnlinkedGlyph of RenewalElite GlyphFor 15 seconds, your next Spell instantly recharges.5110NightfallMesmer. Domination Magic 14Mistrust (PvP)Hex SpellFor 6 seconds, the next spell that target foe casts on one of your allies fails and deals 71 damage to that foe and all nearby foes.101.312FactionsMesmer. Domination Magic 14ComplicateSpellIf target foe is using a skill, that skill is interrupted and disabled for target foe and all foes in the area for an additional 12 seconds.100.220CoreMesmer. Domination Magic 14Cry of FrustrationSpellIf target foe is using a skill, that foe and all foes in the area are interrupted and suffer 71 damage.100.215CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreMesmer. Inspiration Magic 10Drain EnchantmentSpellRemove an Enchantment from target foe. If an Enchantment is removed, you gain 14 Energy and 93 Health.51.320
- Web of Disruption (PvP) + Drain Delusions - for more brave interrupting and energy
- Power Drain + Wastrel's Worry - for Jade Hauler killing
- Empathy (PvP) + Optional - if melee is becoming a problem
- Diversion - Universal shutdown
|• 40/40 Domination Magic & Survivor Insignia: |
• High Energy Set:
- Defending Shrines
- Stand in front of a shrine and keep a look out for cappers
- Catch Necro Bombers before they get too close and use Glyph of Renewal + Drain Enchantment to remove to their top two enchantments and follow up with interrupts to minimize damage.
- Keep Complicate at the ready for RoJ Monks with skills that prevent interruption or the occasional Barrage spammer.
- Capping Shrines
- Works best when working in tandem with at least one other person.
- Use Glyph of Renewal on your way to the shrine and let it recharge
- Cast Chaos Storm twice
- Target the Elementalists at the shrine with Mistrust and CoF. If you're feeling confident, try duplicating one of those spells for extra damage to take the shrine down faster.
- If you're attacking a Ranger shrine, wait until they use an attack skill and then blast them with Cry of Frustration. Pin Down is the easiest one to hit and probably the most important to interrupt anyway.
- Melee pressure is not healthy for this build
- Getting caught off guard
- When using Mistrust (PvP) on people, it's important to remember that the skill affected by Mistrust recharges instantly. So, yes, by all means double cast it on an RoJ monk and watch him explode twice but be sure to follow it up with Complicate or CoF depending on what the situation calls for.