Build:Me/any Domination Signet Hero
The PvXwiki community finds this to be a good build.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 3.75 to < 4.75 and thus qualifies for the lower category of working builds: Good.
This build has been designed for the following use:
This build uses Keystone Signet and a high Fast Casting attribute together with the AI's reaction times and powerful Domination Magic spells to provide a good mix of shutdown and damage while staying self-sufficient on energy.
Attributes and Skills
You activate Spells and Signets 53% faster. (No effect for non-Mesmer skills with a cast time less than 2 seconds.)
In PvE, the recharge time of your Mesmer Spells is reduced by 48%.
PropheciesMesmer. Fast Casting 16Keystone SignetElite SignetAll of your signets except Keystone Signet are recharged. For 20 seconds, the next 6 times you use a signet that targets a foe, all other foes adjacent to your target are interrupted and take 63 damage.0.515NightfallMesmer. Illusion Magic 3Signet of ClumsinessSignetIf target foe is attacking, that foe and all adjacent foes are interrupted and take 24 damage. Any foes using attack skills are knocked down.0.18FactionsMesmer. Domination Magic 15Unnatural SignetSignetTarget foe takes 75 damage. If that foe is under the effects of a hex or enchantment, foes adjacent to your target take 50 damage.0.510FactionsMesmer. Domination Magic 15Signet of DisruptionSignetIf target foe is casting a Spell, the Spell is interrupted and that foe suffers 51 damage. If that foe is Hexed, Signet of Disruption can interrupt any non-Spell skills.0.115EotNMesmer. Domination Magic 15Signet of DistractionSignetIf target foe is casting a Spell, that Spell is interrupted and disabled for 5 seconds for each Signet you have equipped.0.115CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreMesmer. Domination Magic 15Cry of FrustrationSpellIf target foe is using a skill, that foe and all foes in the area are interrupted and suffer 75 damage.100.115CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.
Variable skill slot 1:
- Signet of WearinessPropheciesMesmer. Domination Magic 16Signet of WearinessSignetTarget foe and all nearby foes lose 8 Energy and suffer from Weakness for 11 seconds.230 – for general use.
- Hex Eater SignetFactionsMesmer. Inspiration Magic 2Hex Eater SignetSignetTarget touched ally and up to 2 adjacent allies each lose one Hex. You gain 1 Energy for each Hex removed this way.125 – for hex removal in ranged-only teams (lower Illusion Magic to 2; put 2 in Inspiration Magic).
Variable skill slot 2:
- MistrustNightfallMesmer. Domination Magic 16MistrustHex SpellFor 6 seconds, the next spell that target foe casts on one of your allies fails and deals 106 damage to that foe and all nearby foes.10212 – for general use.
- Shatter HexCoreMesmer. Domination Magic 16Shatter HexSpellRemove a Hex from target ally. If a Hex is removed, foes near that ally take 126 damage.10110 – for hex removal with melee party members.
- EmpathyCoreMesmer. Domination Magic 16EmpathyHex SpellFor 16 seconds, whenever target foe attacks, that foe takes 58 damage and target foe deals 16 less damage with attacks.10210 – if the rest of the team lacks hexes to trigger the conditions for your signets.
- Death Pact SignetNightfallRitualist. Restoration Magic 2Death Pact SignetSignetResurrect target party member with your current Health and 26% Energy. The next time that ally dies within 120 seconds, so do you.312 – for a resurrection skill; synergizes with the chosen insignias (lower Illusion Magic to 2; put 2 in Restoration Magic).
- Flesh of My FleshFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 2Flesh of My FleshSpellLose half your Health. Resurrect target party member with your current Health and 7% Energy.54 – for a resurrection skill; brings target back with less health and energy than Death Pact Signet, but without a condition (lower Illusion Magic to 2; put 2 in Restoration Magic).
- Resurrection ChantFactionsMonk. Healing Prayers 2Resurrection ChantSpellResurrect target party member with up to your current Health and 9% Energy. This spell has half the normal range.10615 – for a resurrection skill; can bring back targets at full health, but with no energy and at half-range. (lower Illusion Magic to 2; put 2 in Healing Prayers).
- Signet of ReturnNightfallParagon. Leadership 0Signet of ReturnSignetResurrect target party member with 5% Health and 1% Energy for each party member within earshot.55 – for a resurrection skill; synergizes with the chosen insignias, but risks bringing back a target at very low health and with no energy.
- This hero provides more shutdown than an Energy SurgeCoreMesmer. Domination Magic Energy SurgeElite SpellTarget foe loses 1..8..11 Energy. For each point of Energy lost, that foe and all nearby foes take 9 damage.5215 mesmer hero and has a higher, unconditional armor level thanks to the insignias, but at the cost of lower damage and reduced area of effect.
- This build synergizes especially well with a FrustrationNightfallMesmer. Illusion Magic FrustrationHex SpellFor 5..17..21 seconds, target foe casts Spells 50% slower and takes 5..41..53 damage whenever interrupted. If a skill is interrupted, Frustration deals double damage.1017 mesmer.