Build:Me/any Lyssa's Aura Hero
This build is provisionally vetted good pending more votes.
This build has received a provisional rating in the range from 3.75 to < 4.75 and thus qualifies for the lower category of working builds: Good.
This build has been designed for the following use:
This build uses Lyssa's Aura to fuel several interrupts while dealing extra damage through Frustration. This build provides a more damage-focused option to Ineptitude Mesmers, specifically through improved damage against casters while still maintaining good spikes against physical attackers, but in return offers less physical shutdown because of the lack of Blindness. This build is especially viable in areas with smaller party sizes and functions well without external energy support.
Clumsiness and Wandering Eye can trigger on the same attack, resulting in damage spikes. This synergizes particularly well with Frustration, as both skills can trigger the extra damage at the same time. Using multiple copies of this build or playing alongside other interrupt sources such as Panic Mesmers or Keystone Signet Mesmers will increase the damage output from Frustration.
Attributes and Skills
You activate Spells and Signets 40% faster. (No effect for non-Mesmer skills with a cast time less than 2 seconds.)
In PvE, the recharge time of your Mesmer Spells is reduced by 33%.
FactionsMesmer. Inspiration Magic 11Lyssa's AuraElite Enchantment SpellFor 10 seconds, you have +4 Energy regeneration. This enchantment reapplies itself every time you cast a spell on a foe.50.630CoreMesmer. Illusion Magic 15ClumsinessHex SpellFor 4 seconds, the next time target and any adjacent foes attack, the attack is interrupted and target foe suffers 92 damage.101.28EotNMesmer. Illusion Magic 15Wandering EyeHex SpellFor 4 seconds, the next time target foe attacks, that attack is interrupted and all nearby foes take 110 damage.51.212NightfallMesmer. Illusion Magic 15Signet of ClumsinessSignetIf target foe is attacking, that foe and all adjacent foes are interrupted and take 60 damage. Any foes using attack skills are knocked down.0.28NightfallMesmer. Illusion Magic 15FrustrationHex SpellFor 20 seconds, target foe casts Spells 50% slower and takes 50 damage whenever interrupted. If a skill is interrupted, Frustration deals double damage.100.67FactionsMesmer. Fast Casting 11Power ReturnSpellIf target foe is casting a Spell or Chant, that Skill is interrupted and target foe gains 6 Energy.50.27CoreMesmer. Inspiration Magic 11Power DrainSpellIf target foe is casting a Spell or Chant, that Skill is interrupted and you gain 23 Energy.50.220CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.
Variable skill slot:
- Arcane ConundrumCoreMesmer. Illusion Magic 15Arcane ConundrumHex SpellFor 15 seconds, Spells cast by target foe and all adjacent foes take twice as long to cast. When this hex ends, you gain 7 Energy.10220 – slow down multiple casters.
- Hex Eater SignetFactionsMesmer. Inspiration Magic 11Hex Eater SignetSignetTarget touched ally and up to 4 adjacent allies each lose one Hex. You gain 3 Energy for each Hex removed this way.125 – hex removal, preferably in ranged-only teams.
- Flesh of My FleshFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 1Flesh of My FleshSpellLose half your Health. Resurrect target party member with your current Health and 6% Energy.54 – resurrection.
- Death Pact SignetNightfallRitualist. Restoration Magic 1Death Pact SignetSignetResurrect target party member with your current Health and 21% Energy. The next time that ally dies within 120 seconds, so do you.312 – resurrection.
- Major Rune of Fast Casting - can be used to reduce the recharge of Frustration and Power Return from 5 seconds to 4.
- Superior Rune of Fast Casting - will additionally reduce the recharge of Power Drain from 13 seconds to 12, and Wandering Eye from 8 seconds to 7.
- Passive foes.
- Natural resistance (mostly found on Prophecies bosses) increases the risk of the hexes expiring before they can deal damage.