This build is in the metagame and deserves to be stored.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 3.75 to < 4.75 and thus qualifies for the lower category of working builds: Good.
This build has been designed for the following use:
|This build is positively affected by the Flux: Jack of All Trades. |
See the build's talk page for discussion and ramifications not noted here.
Notes: Decrease Domination Magic to 9 + 1 + 1. Increase Tactics to 9 for shields.
This build hits hard with ESurge and shuts down players with energy denial along with other skills from the Domination Magic line.
Seen very often in RA.
Attributes and Skills
You activate Spells and Signets 34% faster. (No effect for non-Mesmer skills with a cast time less than 2 seconds.)
In PvE, the recharge time of your Mesmer Spells is reduced by 27%.
CoreMesmer. Domination Magic 14Energy SurgeElite SpellTarget foe loses 9 Energy. For each point of Energy lost, that foe and all nearby foes take 9 damage.51.315CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreMesmer. Domination Magic 14Empathy (PvP)Hex SpellFor 14 seconds, whenever target foe attacks, that foe takes 43 damage.101.310NightfallMesmer. Inspiration Magic 11Ether PhantomHex SpellFor 10 seconds, target foe has -1 Energy degeneration. If this Hex is removed prematurely, that foe loses 4 Energy.50.710NightfallMesmer. Inspiration Magic 11Drain DelusionsSpellRemove one Mesmer Hex from target foe. If a Hex was removed in this way, that foe loses 4 Energy and you gain 4 Energy for each point lost.50.210CoreMesmer. Domination Magic 14DiversionHex SpellFor 6 seconds, the next time target foe uses a skill, that skill takes an additional 53 seconds to recharge.102.012CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedResurrection SignetSignetResurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. This Signet only recharges when you gain a morale boost.2.2
- Energy BurnCoreMesmer. Domination Magic 14Energy BurnSpellTarget foe loses 9 Energy and takes 9 damage for each point of Energy lost. 10220 : for big damage and more energy denial.
- Drain EnchantmentCoreMesmer. Inspiration Magic 11Drain EnchantmentSpellRemove an Enchantment from target foe. If an Enchantment is removed, you gain 15 Energy and 99 Health.5220 : for an enchantment removal and extra energy management.
- Ether FeastCoreMesmer. Inspiration Magic 11Ether FeastSpellTarget foe loses 3 Energy. You are healed 53 for each point of Energy lost.518 : for a self-heal and more energy denial.
- Power LeakPropheciesMesmer. Domination Magic 14Power LeakSpellIf target foe is casting a Spell or Chant, that Skill is interrupted and target foe loses 16 Energy.10¼20 : for an interrupt and more energy denial.
- ComplicateFactionsMesmer. Domination Magic 14ComplicateSpellIf target foe is using a skill, that skill is interrupted and disabled for target foe and all foes in the area for an additional 12 seconds.10¼20 : useful for shutting down Res sigs, possibly disabling multiple sigs.
- Power DrainCoreMesmer. Inspiration Magic 11Power DrainSpellIf target foe is casting a Spell or Chant, that Skill is interrupted and you gain 23 Energy.5¼20 : for energy management - consider adding a high-energy skill like Backfire.
- Mind Wrack (PvP)CoreMesmer. Domination Magic 14Mind Wrack (PvP)Hex SpellFor 38 seconds, whenever this foe is the target of one of your non-hex Mesmer skills, that foe loses 1 Energy. If the target foe's Energy drops to 0, Mind Wrack ends and that foe takes 94 damage.517 : for a cheap cover hex that can do big damage if you drop the target's energy to zero.
- Prodigy's Insignia
- 40/40 Domination set
- 40/40 Inspiration set
- High energy set
- Shield/spear set
- Use Energy Surge for damage and energy denial - note energy surge does not do damage if the target has no energy.
- Use Ether Phantom + Drain Delusions for energy denial as well as energy management for you.
- Use Empathy (PvP) on attacking melees.
- Use Diversion on targets expected to use key skills soon - Word of Healing and Assassin skill chains are high priority.
- If the caster is using a low-energy set (you'll notice you won't be doing any damage with ESurge), try to time your skills to when they are using spells, at which point they should be in their casting sets and therefore have no energy hidden.
- Anti-casting skills.
- Energy denial.
- Target using energy hiding.