This build is provisionally vetted great pending more votes.
This build has received a provisional rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Designed to farm various pre-searing Ascalon areas for dyes, Nick items, XP, gold, and event items. Fire Storm can be acquired by taking The Elementalist Experiment quest, but handing it in (which would forever make the character a secondary Ele) is not required to keep it (although it won't be possible to put points into Fire Magic, but that's fine).
The build displays level 9 attributes, as that's the maximmum one can reach by doing nothing but these farms and that level is more than sufficient to execute them perfectly.
Attributes and Skills
CoreMonk. Healing Prayers Healing BreezeEnchantment SpellFor 15 seconds, target ally gains +4..8..9 Health regeneration.1015CoreMonk. Protection Prayers 3Shielding HandsEnchantment SpellFor 8 seconds, damage and life steal received by target ally is reduced by 6. When Shielding Hands ends, that ally is healed for 14 Health.5¼15PropheciesMonk. Smiting Prayers 10Symbol of WrathSpellFor 5 seconds, foes adjacent to the location in which the spell was cast take 24 holy damage each second.5230CoreElementalist. Fire Magic Fire StormSpellCreate a Fire Storm at target foe's location. For 10 seconds, foes adjacent to that location are struck for 5..29..37 fire damage each second.10220CoreMonk. Healing Prayers Orison of HealingSpellHeal target ally for 20..60..73 Health.512CoreMonk. Smiting Prayers 10BanishSpellTarget foe takes 44 holy damage. This spell does double damage to summoned creatures.5110CoreMonk. Smiting Prayers 10Bane SignetSignetTarget foe takes 46 holy damage. If that foe was attacking, he is knocked down.120CoreElementalist. Energy Storage 0Aura of RestorationEnchantment SpellFor 60 seconds, you gain 0 Energy and are healed for 200% of the Energy cost each time you cast a spell.5¼20
- RetributionCoreMonk. Smiting Prayers 10RetributionEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, whenever target ally takes attack damage, this Spell deals 33% of the damage back to the source (maximum 15 damage).-1102 over Fire StormCoreElementalist. Fire Magic 0Fire StormSpellCreate a Fire Storm at target foe's location. For 10 seconds, foes adjacent to that location are struck for 5 fire damage each second.10220 - this is generally NOT recommended. If however your Monk can't take up an Ele secondary, Retribution will have to do. The farms will still be possible, but take a while longer and you'll have to wand a bit or use the imp.
|Variant: E/Mo Pre-Searing Farmer|
- A shield with at least 8 armor rating, preferably with extra HP. The Tall Shield from Unsettling Rumors is perfect.
- The stacking item's attribute +1 helmet from Professor Yakkington with a Smiting Prayers +1 rune is optimal.
- For some farms a ranged weapon is required for pulling.
- A wand or caster sword of enchanting.
- The Crystalline Long Sword is a popular choice. It's easy to come by, has decent base stats for a low level quest item, can be modded, and looks great.
- Rune of Vitae and Blessed Insignias can help a lot especially in lower levels but are not required.
- A shield with a "Sheltered by faith" mod (-2 physical damage while enchanted) is not necessary, but very convenient as on some farms you'd no longer need to use Shielding Hands at all. The damage reduction from this mod coupled with Aura of Restoration should provide enough mitigation.
- Maintain Aura of RestorationCoreElementalist. Energy Storage 0Aura of RestorationEnchantment SpellFor 60 seconds, you gain 0 Energy and are healed for 200% of the Energy cost each time you cast a spell.5¼20 . This is a cheap and consistent trigger for various armor/weapon mods you may have, and also provides bonus healing akin to Divine Favor.
- Maintain Healing BreezeCoreMonk. Healing Prayers 0Healing BreezeEnchantment SpellFor 15 seconds, target ally gains +4 Health regeneration.1015 (HB) whenever your health is below ~90%.
- Use Shielding HandsCoreMonk. Protection Prayers 2Shielding HandsEnchantment SpellFor 8 seconds, damage and life steal received by target ally is reduced by 5. When Shielding Hands ends, that ally is healed for 11 Health.5¼15 if you are losing health at a faster rate than HB could recover.
- Nuke mobs with Symbol of WrathPropheciesMonk. Smiting Prayers 10Symbol of WrathSpellFor 5 seconds, foes adjacent to the location in which the spell was cast take 24 holy damage each second.5230 -> Fire StormCoreElementalist. Fire Magic 0Fire StormSpellCreate a Fire Storm at target foe's location. For 10 seconds, foes adjacent to that location are struck for 5 fire damage each second.10220 .
- Kill single mobs with BanishCoreMonk. Smiting Prayers 10BanishSpellTarget foe takes 44 holy damage. This spell does double damage to summoned creatures.5110 and Bane SignetCoreMonk. Smiting Prayers 10Bane SignetSignetTarget foe takes 46 holy damage. If that foe was attacking, he is knocked down.120 when necessary.
- Most of the usage matches the Monk version, there are only some minor differences.
- Use Fire StormCoreElementalist. Fire Magic 10Fire StormSpellCreate a Fire Storm at target foe's location. For 10 seconds, foes adjacent to that location are struck for 25 fire damage each second.10220 -> Lightning JavelinPropheciesElementalist. Air Magic 0Lightning JavelinSpellSend out a Lightning Javelin that strikes for 15 lightning damage if it hits. If Lightning Javelin strikes an attacking foe, that foe is interrupted. This Spell has 25% armor penetration and strikes all foes between you and your target.515 for nuking and FlareCoreElementalist. Fire Magic 10FlareSpellSend out a flare that strikes target foe for 50 fire damage if it hits. If you are Overcast, Flare hits adjacent foes as well.51 to kill single mobs.
- Your sustain is worse than a Monk's, so you'll have to use your healing skills more.
Bandits for Worn Belts in Lakeside County
Estimated time: 1 minute
- Take the quests Bandit Raid and Protection Prayers, but never do the objectives and never hand them in.
- Leave Ashford Abbey, follow the road then turn left at the caravan. Don't go straight through the fields as you may pull a wolf which can take aggro from bandits, making the run take longer.
- Use Healing Breeze, aggro the mobs and hug the large rock. Wait for them to ball up then cast Shielding Hands -> Symbol of Wrath -> Fire Storm.
- Pick up the loot, /resign, repeat.
- Note: this is the most commonly farmed area south of the wall.
Skale for Skale Fins in Regent Valley (Northeast)
Estimated time: 2-3 minutes
- Leave from Fort Ranik and head West. Pull at least ~15 skales, maintain HB and use SH on CD.
- Try to ball the mobs up on a pillar.
- Note: pulling all the skales may take some time, and their combined damage quickly ramps up. Side-stepping their projectiles while Shielding Hands is not up can help a lot when it comes to managing your HP.
- Nuke them as always.
- If there are any leftover mobs and you have the Igneous summoning stone the imp can clear them up nicely.
- Note: this farm is right in front of the cave entrance leading to Nick. If you do this farm every day on your way to Nick, you'll always have enough Skale Fins for gifts.
Skale for Skale Fins in Regent Valley (Southwest)
Estimated time: 1 minute
- Start from Foible's Fair, make your way through Wizard's Folly to the Regent Valley portal and enter.
- Once there, pull at least 8 skales. Ball them up while running back towards the portal.
- Nuke them, pick up the loot, take the portal to Wizard's Folly and then zone back to Regent Valley to start a new round.
- Should you need a merchant, go to the fishing village in Wizard's Folly and look for Arnaud. Getting to him from the portal takes roughly 30 seconds.
- Note: while this farm is faster than the other skale one, it's only worth it if you're going to do multiple runs as getting here can take up to 3 minutes without pulling any mobs. The farm itself is very close to the portal, so once you get there restarting it takes next to no time.
Ice Elementals for Icy Lodestones in Wizard's Folly
Estimated time: 2 minutes
- Leave from Foible's Fair and follow the road southwest into a cave.
- Pull all 8 Ice Elementals, and be sure to watch your HP as these do more damage than most other mobs. Keep distance while taking aggro as they have an AoE snare which they can use in melee range.
- Nuke as usual.
- Fire damage from the summoned imp can be extremely valuable yet again.
- A Hidden Stash will often spawn in the cave, don't forget to open it for some free bonus loot.
- Optional: repeating the quest Elementalist Experiment can be incorporated into this farm. If you only care about the trophies then don't bother, because the mobs spawned by this quest don't drop lodestones! However they do drop blues and event items.
- The quest is simple: 3 waves of 4 elementals will spawn and aggro on you or the NPC. When you grab the quest start running east where you came from then stop by one of the stone pillars. Wait until all 3 waves spawn and ball on you then nuke.
- After the quest is done DO NOT hand it in, proceed to the cave and finish the farm.
- Once you've zoned back into an outpost abandon the quest. Pick it up again from Aziure to restart the waves. You have to choose the option "Teach me the Elementalist skills" in order to accept the quest, even if you've already had the skills on your bar.
Stone Elementals for Enchanted Lodestones in Green Hills County
Estimated time: 2-3 minutes
- Leave from The Barradin Estate and head west until you reach the mountain. Turn right and head north.
- Often there are a few Aloe Seeds on the way, you may kill them with a wand or staff for a chance at Unnatural Seeds.
- At spot 1 you'll find a lone Hulking Stone Elemental and 2 Stone Elemental groups nearby. Pull them all and ball them on one of the stone walls. Nuke as usual.
- Keep going until you hit spot 2 in the cave, pull at least 4-5 Hulking ones and kill them.
- There are some lesser elementals outside the cave that won't aggro unless you hit them. Just skip these, not worth your time.
- Run out of the cave to the west, you should find 3-4 more Hulking Stone Elementals. That's spot 3. Killing them ends the run.
- Note: a hidden stash usually spawns between spot 1 and 2, open it for extra loot.
Gargoyles for Gargoyle Skulls in the Catacombs
Estimated time: 1 minute
- Start from the Barradin Estate.
- Head northeast and enter the catacombs.
- The gargoyles won't attack, so you'll have to pull them one by one. For this you should have a ranged weapon. A scepter or staff will do just fine.
- Once you've aggro'd all 9 gargoyles go to the middle of the bridge to make them ball up. You can't go far enough to pull the 2 gargoyles on the other side of the bridge as the rest will break aggro.
- Do not /resign after you're done, instead just walk out to Green Hills County where you came from and then zone back in to start over.
Restless Corpses for Skeletal Limbs in the Catacombs
Estimated time: 1 minute
- Enter the Catacombs from Ashford Abbey.
- Turn left at the entrance, kill the first skeleton with Banish.
- After that the path will split, turn right. Ball up the next 3 skeletons before the bridge and kill them with Symbol of Wrath.
- Cross the bridge, kill the first skeleton with Banish and the second with Bane Signet.
- Finally you'll enter a hall with 4 skeletons, go to the middle where you'll be within aggro range of them all. It's important to stand still once you're in position, otherwise the skeletons may break aggro! Apply SH, then nuke with SoW when they get to you.
Spiders for Spider Legs in Regent Valley
Estimated time: 4 minutes
- Enter Regent Valley from Fort Ranik. Head southwest and follow the linked route.
- Most of the spiders are hidden at first and appear as you move closer.
- Try to grab about 4-5 spiders at once, then ball them up and nuke.
- Near the end of the run you'll go into what's probably a dried up riverbed. This is a long straight tunnel and the only part of the run where you can do a bigger pull.
- It's possible to pull about 9-12 spiders in this final stretch. Just keep walking until you reach the last visible spider at the end of the tunnel, going near it should make another 2-3 drop down plus the ones you aggro on your way there. Killing them ends the run.
- This run ends right at The bear hunters, which is the start of a minigame. You could participate if you're interested in farming alcohol, as the reward is 1 Hunter's Ale for each bear killed within the time limit. Using an Imp for this part is recommended.
Aloe for Unnatural Seeds in Green Hills County
Estimated time: ~6 minutes
- Leave from The Barradin Estate.
- This farm is strictly for farming Unnatural Seeds and is otherwise not very profitable.
- None of the mobs you encounter are hostile, and most of your targets are lvl 0. Just simply follow the route and skip bandits.
- There is one hostile mob in the area, a Bandit Blood Sworn inside a ruined building which you should avoid.
- While Aloe Seeds die to one wand strike, Aloe Husks are more durable and require 1 cast of BanishCoreMonk. Smiting Prayers 9BanishSpellTarget foe takes 42 holy damage. This spell does double damage to summoned creatures.5110 + a wand strike (in this order) or 1 cast of FlareCoreElementalist. Fire Magic 9FlareSpellSend out a flare that strikes target foe for 47 fire damage if it hits. If you are Overcast, Flare hits adjacent foes as well.51 .
- Open Hidden Stashes and pick Red Iris Flowers you may encounter.
- Note: you could easily do this farm as a followup to the Hulking Stone Elemental farm after having exited the cave in the north. Doing this the other way around (seeds first and then the elementals) is not recommended as you won't be able to ball them properly when entering the cave from this side.
Red Iris Flowers in Lakeside County
Estimated time: <1 minute
- Leave from Ashford Abbey and head south.
- Hold Alt on your keyboard to make it easier to spot the flower.
- A flower will always spawn on the road or the western border of the village not far from the outpost.
- Another flower may also spawn in the opposite direction. On rare occasions this one is closer to the gate than the other, so always tak a look north before going south. If the northern flower is closer, pick it up and rezone (picking up both flowers in the same run is generally not worth it).
- This does not require any specific build yet deserves a mention as Red Iris Flowers are one of the most sought-after items in Pre-Searing. Flowers can be used to purchase a headpiece with a rune slot, a 5 slot equipment pack, and Nick gifts.
- Igneous Summoning Stone can be used to mop up remaining mobs or add some extra AoE, but never use it before the nuke phase or else the mobs might not ball up properly. Urban legend says the Imp lowers drop rates, but that has not been confirmed.
- Always carry an identification kit! You'll get a lot of blue drops which can contain an "increased sale value" mod in the ~60-70g range which is a significant boost to your loot.
- R/W Pre-Searing Charr Farmer - a build for farming higher level pre-searing mobs and those that can't be balled up properly.