This build is provisionally vetted great pending more votes.
This build has received a provisional rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
This is a 105 build, based on 55, that is used to quickly farm the Luxon Assassins from "The Halcyon Job" quest for jadeite shards, Old School gold items, and gold rarity Runes (such as the Rune of Superior Vigor) and insignias.
Attributes and Skills
CoreMonk. Protection Prayers 14Protective SpiritEnchantment SpellFor 22 seconds, target ally cannot lose more than 10% max Health due to damage from a single attack or Spell.10¼5CoreMonk. Protection Prayers 14Shielding HandsEnchantment SpellFor 8 seconds, damage and life steal received by target ally is reduced by 17. When Shielding Hands ends, that ally is healed for 47 Health.5¼15NightfallMonk. Protection Prayers 14Shield of AbsorptionEnchantment SpellFor 7 seconds, damage received by target ally is reduced by 5 each time that ally is hit while under the effects of this Enchantment.5110EotNNo Profession. Norn rank "I Am Unstoppable!"ShoutFor 16..20 seconds, you have +24 armor and cannot be knocked down or Crippled.
PvE only.530CoreWarrior. Tactics 8Balanced StanceStanceFor 14 seconds, you cannot be knocked down and you do not suffer extra damage from a critical attack.530EotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank Ebon Battle Standard of HonorWard SpellYou plant an Ebon Battle Standard of Honor at your current location. For 14..20 seconds, non-Spirit allies in this area strike for +8..15 damage and an additional +7..10 vs. Charr.
PvE only.10120CoreWarrior. Swordsmanship 12Hundred BladesElite SkillFor 15 seconds, whenever you attack with a sword, all adjacent foes take 22 slashing damage.525NightfallWarrior. Sunspear rank Whirlwind AttackMelee AttackAttack target and adjacent foes. Each attack that hits deals +13..20 damage.
- Balthazar's SpiritPropheciesMonk. Smiting Prayers Balthazar's SpiritEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target ally gains adrenaline and Energy after taking damage. (The amount of adrenaline gained increases depending on your rank in Smiting Prayers.)-1102 can be taken over Ebon Battle Standard of HonorEotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank Ebon Battle Standard of HonorWard SpellYou plant an Ebon Battle Standard of Honor at your current location. For 14..20 seconds, non-Spirit allies in this area strike for +8..15 damage and an additional +7..10 vs. Charr.
PvE only.10120 if you are new to maintaining the enchantments and are getting used to the timing. However, it will take two Whirlwind AttackNightfallWarrior. Sunspear rank Whirlwind AttackMelee AttackAttack target and adjacent foes. Each attack that hits deals +13..20 damage.
PvE only.61 s to kill everything.
- Max AR armor with Runes for 55 setup. If you are unfamiliar with this term, information can be found here.
- Full radiant insignias.
- Max damage sword with +20% Sword Pommel of Enchantmenting mod and a +15% damage while enchanted mod such as the "Guided by Fate" inscription. Customizing the sword, giving it +20% damage, will also help.
- A 20/20 protection prayers offhand.
- Make sure that you have the quest The Halcyon Job in your quest log. Make sure you are in Hard Mode for optimal drops as it does not increase difficulty at all.
- Enter Boreas Seabed from Zos Shivros Channel.
- Make sure that you have more Kurzick Faction than Luxon Faction and do not pay to activate the shrine when you enter the zone.
- Run into the group of Kraken Spawn off to the right and get yourself killed. You will be resurrected at the farming location.
- Once you have arrived at the shrine, walk over the bridge. This will spawn 4 Luxon Assassins.
- Cast Protective Spirit and Shield of Absorption.
- If you took the Balthazar's Spirit variant, cast Balthazar's Spirit as well.
- Start moving towards the Canthan Noble that stands a bit Northeast, and as the Luxon Assassins get close to you cast "I Am Unstoppable!" or Balanced Stance.
- Keep Protective Spirit and either Shielding Hands or Shield of Absorption up at all times. Also keep either anti-knock-down skill up at all times.
- Move through the village to pop all the assassins at each Canthan. After the second Canthan, run towards the Temple until two more Luxon Assassin groups spawn. Quickly run back towards the third Canthan as some will start to break agro. Running back will keep everything in agro.
- Once you have gathered all assassins, bring them to the top of the stairs of any one of the buildings (see video). Once at the top, start auto attacking any one of the close Assassins to build up adrenaline.
- Cast Ebon Battle Standard of Honor, Hundred Blades followed by Whirlwind Attack to blow the entire mob up instantly. If your ebon rank is not high enough you might simply have to finish off remaining foes with your sword and the AoE damage from Hundred Blades.
- If you took the Balthazar's Spirit variant, the first Whirlwind Attack should already be charged by the time you get to the top of the stairs. Keep attacking a single target until Whirlwind Attack is charged up again and use Whirlwind Attack once more.