This build is provisionally vetted great pending more votes.
This build has received a provisional rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
|This build is significantly affected by the Flux: Jack of All Trades. |
See the build's talk page for discussion and ramifications not noted here.
Notes: Decrease Healing Prayers to 9 + 1 + 1. Increase Protection Prayers, Divine Favor and/or a fourth attribute to 8-11 ranks.
|This build is significantly affected by the Flux: Minion Apocalypse. |
See the build's talk page for discussion and ramifications not noted here.
Notes: Easier to trigger the energy gain of Bonetti's Defense when attacked by minions.
Attributes and Skills
Your allies are healed for 29 Health whenever you cast Monk spells on them.
EotNMonk. Healing Prayers 14Patient SpiritEnchantment SpellFor 2 seconds, target ally is Enchanted with Patient Spirit. Unless this enchantment ends prematurely, that ally is healed for 114 Health when the enchantment ends.
Target ally gets healed for 29 Health.5¼4CoreMonk. Healing Prayers 14Word of HealingElite SpellHeal target ally for 94 (+29) Health. Heal for an additional 109 Health if that ally is below 50% Health.5¾3CoreMonk. Protection Prayers 8Draw ConditionsSpellAll negative Conditions are transferred from target other ally to yourself. For each Condition acquired, you gain 17 Health.
Target ally gets healed for 29 Health.5¼4CoreMonk. Protection Prayers 8GuardianEnchantment SpellFor 5 seconds, target ally has a 50% chance to block attacks.
Target ally gets healed for 29 Health.514EotNMonk. Healing Prayers 14Cure HexSpellRemove one Hex from target ally. If a Hex was removed, that ally is healed for 114 Health.
Target ally gets healed for 29 Health.5112CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.
- Spirit Bond (PvP)FactionsMonk. Protection Prayers 8Spirit Bond (PvP)Enchantment SpellFor 8 seconds, whenever target ally takes more than 50 damage from the next 10 attacks or Spells, that ally is healed for 62 Health.10¼5 : Protect people from air eles and other high damage sources. A super-heavy, fast recharging prot.
- Protective SpiritCoreMonk. Protection Prayers 8Protective SpiritEnchantment SpellFor 15 seconds, target ally cannot lose more than 10% max Health due to damage from a single attack or Spell.10¼5 : Over Spirit Bond for a longer lasting prot.
- Shield of AbsorptionNightfallMonk. Protection Prayers 8Shield of AbsorptionEnchantment SpellFor 5 seconds, damage received by target ally is reduced by 5 each time that ally is hit while under the effects of this Enchantment.5110 : As a small prot that can become effective quickly because of the many damage sources in AB and CM.
- Shielding HandsCoreMonk. Protection Prayers 8Shielding HandsEnchantment SpellFor 8 seconds, damage and life steal received by target ally is reduced by 11. When Shielding Hands ends, that ally is healed for 29 Health.5¼15 : As a small prot with a quick cast that also provides a small heal.
- Holy VeilCoreMonk. UnlinkedHoly VeilEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, any Hex cast on target ally takes twice as long to cast. When Holy Veil ends, one Hex is removed from target ally.-15112 : As a hex removal that can be precast and can remove a hex instantly.
- Vigorous SpiritPropheciesMonk. Healing Prayers 14Vigorous SpiritEnchantment SpellFor 30 seconds, each time target ally attacks or casts a Spell, that ally is healed for 19 Health.5¼4 : For excellent anti-pressure and a cover enchantment for Holy Veil.
- Signet of RejuvenationFactionsMonk. Healing Prayers 14Signet of RejuvenationSignetHeal target ally for 71. If target ally is casting a spell or attacking, that ally is healed for an additional 71 Health.18 : Useful for an emergency heal if having problems with energy management.
- SprintCoreWarrior. Strength 0SprintStanceFor 8 seconds, you move 25% faster.515 : IMS for getting away from a bad situation, catching up to a teammate, or capping quickly/running amber.
- Shield BashCoreWarrior. Strength 0Shield BashSkillFor 5 seconds, while wielding a shield, the next attack skill used against you is blocked. If it was a melee skill, your attacker is knocked down and that skill is disabled for an additional 15 seconds.520 : Better against Sins and an easy defense option, but isn't that great against constant amounts of physical pressure.
- Disciplined StancePropheciesWarrior. Tactics 8Disciplined StanceStanceFor 3 seconds, you gain +10 armor and have a 75% chance to block attacks. Disciplined Stance ends if you use an adrenal skill.515 : Provides blocking as well as armor, which also helps against unblockable attacks and spells.
- Bonetti's DefensePropheciesWarrior. Tactics 3Bonetti's DefenseStanceFor 6 seconds, you have a 75% chance to block melee and projectile attacks. You gain 5 Energy for each successful melee attack blocked. Bonetti's Defense ends if you use a skill.8 : Energy management as well as 5 seconds of blocking that doesn't require extra attribute spread.
- Balanced StanceCoreWarrior. Tactics 8Balanced StanceStanceFor 14 seconds, you cannot be knocked down and you do not suffer extra damage from a critical attack.530 : Very useful anti knockdown and anti critical.
- ReturnFactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 6ReturnSpellAll adjacent foes are Crippled for 5 seconds. Teleport to target other ally's location.5¼15 : To shadowstep to allies and avoid melee.
- Dark EscapeFactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 6Dark EscapeStanceFor 9 seconds, you move 25% faster and take half damage. Dark Escape ends if you successfully hit with an attack.530 : For a great anti-spike as well as IMS.
- Smoke Powder DefenseEotNAssassin. Shadow Arts 6Smoke Powder DefenseStanceFor 8 seconds, the next time you are struck, you take half damage and all adjacent foes are Blinded for 4 seconds.520 : To stop massive melee damage for a while.
- DashFactionsAssassin. UnlinkedDashStanceFor 3 seconds, you run 50% faster.58
- Natural StrideNightfallRanger. Wilderness Survival 8Natural StrideStanceFor 5 seconds, you run 33% faster and have a 50% chance to block incoming attacks. Natural Stride ends if you become Hexed or Enchanted.512 : A convenient skill with IMS and block all rolled into one.
- Distracting ShotCoreRanger. Expertise 0Distracting ShotBow AttackIf Distracting Shot hits, it interrupts target foe's action but deals only 1 damage. If the interrupted action was a skill, that skill is disabled for an additional 20 seconds.5½10 : Because Dshot.
- Shield of ForceEotNDervish. Earth Prayers 6Shield of ForceFlash Enchantment SpellFor 7 seconds, blocks the next 1 attack against you. If an attack is blocked, all adjacent attacking foes are knocked down and suffer from Weakness for 11 seconds.1012 : Powerful anti-spike pre-prot - not as useful as Shield Bash, but recharges faster.
- Armor of SanctityNightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 6Armor of SanctityEnchantment SpellAll adjacent foes suffer from weakness for 9 seconds. For 15 seconds, you take 11 less damage from foes suffering from a Condition.5¼15 : Powerful anti-melee enchantment.
- Survivor Insignias or Disciple's Insignias, with Runes of Vitae/Vigor; run Wanderer's in Fort Aspenwood if playing on the Kurzick side.
- A high set (a wand and focus with two 15/-1 mods).
- A 40/20/20% Protection staff.
- A 40/40 Heal Set.
- Spears with +5 energy/-5 energy, +30hp/Defense and +10 vs "x" shields.
- Max Q7/8 Tactics shield if you meet the requirements, otherwise a Strength shield.
- Heal with Word of Healing and Patient Spirit.
- Use Guardian, SB and Dismiss Condition as necessary.
- When under pressure, use your secondary skills to protect yourself e.g.:
- Shield Bash vs assassin chains.
- Shield Stance or Disciplined Stance vs melee to get Guardian up easily.
- Balanced Stance vs attackers with KD (Assassins and Hammer Warriors mostly).
- Dark Escape vs anything to reduce damage.
- Return vs any melee to snare them and get away.
- Standard anti-caster counters.
- Anti-block skills, like Wild Blow and Rigor Mortis.