Build:Mo/any Smiter Hero
The PvXwiki community finds this to be a good build.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 3.75 to < 4.75 and thus qualifies for the lower category of working builds: Good.
This build has been designed for the following use:
This Monk utility build buffs melee with Strength of Honor while providing ample condition and hex removal for your team as well as some secondary healing. Benefits from blood is power support and requires it for supporting more than one melee or entertaining energy intensive variable skill choices.
Seen in some 7-hero builds, particularly for melee-oriented players.
Attributes and Skills
Your allies are healed for 35 Health whenever you cast Monk spells on them.
CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.EotNMonk. Divine Favor 11Smiter's BoonEnchantment SpellFor 30 seconds, your Smiting Prayers have double the Divine Favor bonus.
You get healed for 35 Health.5¼10NightfallMonk. Smiting Prayers 16Reversal of DamageEnchantment SpellFor 8 seconds, the next time target ally would take damage, the foe dealing the damage takes that damage instead (maximum 80).
Target ally gets healed for 35 Health.5¼3CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.EotNMonk. Smiting Prayers 16Smite ConditionSpellRemove one Condition from target ally. If a Condition was removed, foes in the area take 63 holy damage.
Target ally gets healed for 35 Health.517CoreMonk. Smiting Prayers 16Smite HexSpellRemove a Hex from target ally. If a Hex is removed, foes in the area suffer 90 holy damage.
Target ally gets healed for 35 Health.5112CoreMonk. Smiting Prayers 16Strength of HonorEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target ally deals 26 more damage in melee.
Target ally gets healed for 35 Health.-110215
- Elite skill choices
- Ray of JudgmentFactionsMonk. Smiting Prayers 16Ray of JudgmentElite SpellFor 5 seconds, target foe and all foes adjacent to this location take 48 holy damage each second and begin Burning for 3 seconds.10220 – causes scattering.
- Unyielding AuraPropheciesMonk. Divine Favor 13Unyielding AuraElite Enchantment SpellWhile you maintain this enchantment, your Monk spells heal for +54% more Health. When this enchantment ends one random other party member is resurrected with full Health and Energy and teleported to your location.
You get healed for 42 Health.-15¼10 – combine with Divine HealingPropheciesMonk. Divine Favor 13Divine HealingSpellHeal yourself and party members within earshot for 54 points.
You get healed for 42 Health.5112/Heaven's DelightFactionsMonk. Divine Favor 13Heaven's DelightSpellHeal yourself and party members within earshot for 54 points.
You get healed for 42 Health.5112.
- Empathic RemovalFactionsMonk. UnlinkedEmpathic RemovalElite SpellYou and target other ally lose 1 Condition and 1 Hex, and are healed for 50.517
- TeaseNightfallMesmer. Inspiration Magic 8TeaseElite SpellIf target foe is using a skill, that foe and other foes in the area are interrupted and you steal 3 Energy from all foes in the area.5¼15 – raise inspiration magic to 8.
- "Incoming!"NightfallParagon. Command 8"Incoming!"Elite ShoutFor 7 seconds, all allies within earshot move 33% faster, and gain 10 Health while moving.520 – raise command to 8.
- Divine HealingPropheciesMonk. Divine Favor 13Divine HealingSpellHeal yourself and party members within earshot for 54 points.
You get healed for 42 Health.5112 /Heaven's DelightFactionsMonk. Divine Favor 13Heaven's DelightSpellHeal yourself and party members within earshot for 54 points.
You get healed for 42 Health.5112
- Judge's InsightCoreMonk. Smiting Prayers 16Judge's InsightEnchantment SpellFor 21 seconds, target ally's attacks deal holy damage and have +20% armor penetration.10210 – improves dealt base damage, particularly effective on hammers and scythes. Especially useful versus undead.
- Judge's InterventionNightfallMonk. Smiting Prayers 16Judge's InterventionEnchantment SpellFor 10 seconds, the next time target ally receives damage that would be fatal, the damage is negated and one nearby foe takes 190 damage.5¼8 – for minions.
- Power DrainCoreMesmer. Inspiration Magic 8Power DrainSpellIf target foe is casting a Spell or Chant, that Skill is interrupted and you gain 17 Energy.5¼20
- Leech SignetCoreMesmer. Inspiration Magic 8Leech SignetSignetInterrupt target foe's action. If that action was a Spell, you gain 9 Energy.¼30
- Waste Not, Want NotEotNMesmer. Inspiration Magic 8Waste Not, Want NotSpellIf target foe is not casting a Spell or attacking, you gain 11 Energy.5¼15
- Mirror of DisenchantmentNightfallMesmer. UnlinkedMirror of DisenchantmentSpellRemove one Enchantment from target foe. All of that foe's party members also lose that same Enchantment.5115
- "Fall Back!"NightfallParagon. Command 8"Fall Back!"ShoutFor 7 seconds, all allies within earshot gain 10 Health per second while moving and move 33% faster. "Fall Back!" ends on an ally affected by this Shout when that ally successfully hits with an attack.1020 – can be combined with "Incoming!"NightfallParagon. Command 8"Incoming!"Elite ShoutFor 7 seconds, all allies within earshot move 33% faster, and gain 10 Health while moving.520.
- "Stand Your Ground!"NightfallParagon. Command 8"Stand Your Ground!"ShoutFor 13 seconds, all party members within earshot receive +24 armor when not moving.1020
- "Never Surrender!"NightfallParagon. Command 8"Never Surrender!"ShoutFor 15 seconds, all party members within earshot and below 75% Health gain +3 Health regeneration.515
- "Can't Touch This!"NightfallParagon. Command 8"Can't Touch This!"ShoutFor 20 seconds, the next 3 Touch Skills used against allies within earshot fail.520 – only as a counter against touch skills.
- Micro the hero to maintain [[Strength of Honor@16] on you.
- Invite the hero to your party.
- Click on the number next to the hero in the party window. This opens the hero control panel.
- Hold down left shift and left click once on strength of honour. A red crossed circle shows that it is disabled.
- Target yourself (standard hotkey: F) and left click once on strength of honour. The hero will now cast the enchantment on you and maintain it.
- Repeat step 4 if the enchantment gets removed in combat.
- Advanced users can set a custom hotkey for Action: Order Hero # to use Skill # in the controls options to force heroes to use certain skills.
- Frequent enchantment removal.
- General Anti-Caster.
- Soul BindFactionsNecromancer. Curses Soul BindElite Hex SpellFor 30 seconds, every time target foe is healed, the healer takes 20..68..84 damage. This hex ends if target is suffering from a Smiting Prayers hex.1015
- Scourge HealingCoreMonk. Smiting Prayers Scourge HealingHex SpellFor 30 seconds, every time target foe is healed, the healer takes 15..67..84 holy damage.1025
- Scourge EnchantmentNightfallMonk. Smiting Prayers Scourge EnchantmentHex SpellFor 30 seconds, each time target foe is the target of an Enchantment, the caster of that Enchantment takes 15..63..79 damage.1025
- ShamePropheciesMesmer. Domination Magic ShameHex SpellFor 6 seconds, the next time target foe casts a Spell that targets an ally, the Spell fails and you steal up to 5..12..15 Energy from that foe.10230