This build is in the testing phase.
This build has been designed for the following use:
|This build is significantly affected by the Flux: All In. |
See the build's talk page for discussion and ramifications not noted here.
This is a PvP-oriented Ranger/Assassin build designed to fit in the November Flux, All In.
Attributes and Skills
The energy cost of attack skills, rituals, touch skills and all Ranger skills is reduced by 52%.
NightfallRanger. UnlinkedMagebane ShotElite Bow AttackIf this attack hits, it interrupts target foe's action. If that action was a Spell, it is disabled for an additional 10 seconds. This attack cannot be blocked.5½5CoreRanger. Expertise 13Distracting ShotBow AttackIf Distracting Shot hits, it interrupts target foe's action but deals only 14 damage. If the interrupted action was a skill, that skill is disabled for an additional 20 seconds.2½10PropheciesRanger. Expertise 13Point Blank ShotBow AttackShoot an arrow that has half the normal range, but strikes for +36 damage.23CoreRanger. UnlinkedAntidote SignetSignetCleanse yourself of Poison, Disease, and Blindness, and one additional condition.14FactionsAssassin. UnlinkedDashStanceFor 3 seconds, you run 50% faster.58CoreRanger. Expertise 13Lightning ReflexesStanceFor 10 seconds, you have a 75% chance to block melee and projectile attacks, and you attack 33% faster.530EotNRanger. Expertise 13Expert FocusPreparationFor 24 seconds, your bow attacks cost 2 less Energy and deal 9 extra damage.5212CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.
- Resurrection SignetCoreNo Profession. UnlinkedResurrection SignetSignetResurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. This Signet only recharges when you gain a morale boost.3 - RA
- Zojun's ShotFactionsRanger. Expertise Zojun's ShotBow AttackShoot an arrow that has half the normal range, but strikes for +10..34..42 damage.53 - FA
- Vampiric Recurve bow of defense, 15^50 (15% damage while above 50% health)
- Zealous Recurve bow of defense, 15^50
- Barbed or Crippling Recurve bow of defense, 15^50
- Defensive sets:
- Spear of defense, +5 energy
- Command shields of fortitude, color-coded by damage type: red shield can have +10 armor vs. fire, blue shield can have +10 armor vs. water, etc.
- See: Guide:GvG Ranger for tips on how to play Ranger in PvP.
- Use Dash to kite away from meleers.
- If you get knocked down, use one of your interrupts on the attacking meleer while you are in the process of standing up. If the meleer is somewhat inexperienced, you might be able to interrupt a second knockdown. Then use Dash to get away.
- Run close to opponents you want to interrupt. Unlike a Mesmer, your arrows take a certain amount of time to fly through the air and hit your opponent. This amount of time is lengthened the farther you are away from your opponent. So stick to them like glue.