Build:R/D Escape Farmer
This build is provisionally vetted great pending more votes.
This build has received a provisional rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
- 1 Attributes and Skills
- 2 Equipment
- 3 Usage
- 4 Farmable Areas
- 4.1 Drakes outisde Rilohn Refuge
- 4.2 Jade Brotherhood Knights in Wajjun Bazaar
- 4.3 Hulking Stone Elementals in Old Ascalon
- 4.4 Stalking Nephilas in the Plains of Jarin
- 4.5 Juvenile Bladed Termites in the Plains of Jarin
- 4.6 Mountain Trolls in Talus Chute
- 4.7 Charr at the start of Nolani Academy
- 4.8 Undead behind the house in the Gates of Kryta mission
- 4.9 Kveldulf in Norrhart Domains
- 4.10 Stone Wolves and Chilling Wisps outside the Eye of the North
- 4.11 Stone Scale Kirin in Pongmei Valley
- 5 Videos
- 6 Counters
- 7 See also
This build combines several blocking skills with AoE weakness and life steal in order to become nearly invincible against physical mobs whilst dealing heavy AoE damage through scythe attacks.
Attributes and Skills
The energy cost of attack skills, rituals, touch skills and all Ranger skills is reduced by 48%.
CoreRanger. Expertise 12EscapeElite StanceFor 7 seconds, you move 33% faster and have a 75% chance to block attacks.312CoreRanger. Expertise 12Lightning ReflexesStanceFor 10 seconds, you have a 75% chance to block melee and projectile attacks, and you attack 33% faster.530EotNNo Profession. Norn rank "You Are All Weaklings!"ShoutTarget foe and foes adjacent to target are Weakened for 8..12 seconds.
PvE only.512EotNDervish. Wind Prayers 11Grenth's AuraFlash Enchantment SpellFor 20 seconds, you deal 20 less damage and steal 20 Health whenever you hit with a scythe attack. When you cast this enchantment you steal 20 Health from all adjacent foes.1010EotNDervish. Scythe Mastery 11Crippling VictoryScythe AttackIf this attack hits a foe, that foe is Crippled for 7 seconds. If you have more Health than target foe, all adjacent foes take 25 earth damage.6NightfallDervish. Scythe Mastery 11Reap ImpuritiesMelee AttackIf this attack hits, you deal +12 damage. Each foe you hit loses 1 condition. For each foe who loses a condition, all foes adjacent to that target foe take 32 holy damage.5EotNNo Profession. Asura rank Mental BlockEnchantment SpellFor 5..11 seconds you have a 50% chance to block attacks. This Enchantment is reapplied every time an enemy strikes you.
PvE only.10115EotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank Dwarven StabilityEnchantment SpellFor 24..30 seconds, your Stances last 55..100% longer. If you activated this Skill while drunk, you cannot be knocked down.
- Superior Vigor rune (or the best Vigor you can afford)
- Full Sentry's insignias
- Fill the remaining rune slots with Vitae
- Zealous Scythe of Enchanting with a "Strength and Honor" (15% damage above 50% hp) mod
- Maintain Dwarven Stability at all times. Do the same with Escape until you ball up mobs, then rotate between it and Lightning Reflexes when farming.
- Apply Mental Block right before pulling.
- Maintain Grenth's Aura in combat. Optional: if your energy allows, use it as often as possible for extra AoE and healing.
- Maintain weakness on mobs with "You Are All Weaklings!".
- Note: do not use YAAW right after Crippling Victory as you don't want to get the weakness stripped by Reap Impurities!
Drakes outisde Rilohn Refuge
- Required quest: Drakes on the Plain.
- Take Koss with you, he's needed for the quest. As soon as you enter the Floodplain of Mahnkelon flag him far to the south.
- Activate Dwarven Stability followed by Escape. Turn left and start running towards the drakes.
- Right before you aggro them, use Mental Block. Apply "You Are All Weaklings!" the moment the drakes get into melee range.
- Note: the drakes have Bull's Charge, which could KD if it hits you on the move. It's not a big deal, but try to keep your distance while pulling.
- There are 2 groups of Steelfang Drakes you'll be farming, they can be done togeher or in separae groups. They scatter less when done separately.
- Once balled up on a corner, just cleave them down with scythe spam.
- Notable drops: Chunk of Drake Flesh which can be used to buy Drake Kabobs.
- Start from The Marketplace.
- It's a very easy farm, just maintain your stances and enchants, pull both groups of knights then nuke.
- Start from Sardelac Sanitarium and head north.
- Another easy farm, nothing special.
- Sometimes you get wrong spawns (way too many Grawl instead of elementals), in that case just rezone.
- The farm route can be rather lengthy, keep going north until you hit the road near Ascalon City before starting to circle back with a left turn.
- Notable drops: various crafting materials including a chance at Rubies.
Stalking Nephilas in the Plains of Jarin
- Start from Sunsper Great Hall and head south.
- Optional: pick up the insect bounty from the nearby shrine for Sunspear rep.
- Avoid Ibogas on the way at all costs!
- Use Mental Block before pulling.
- Once you've aggro'd them all, try to ball them up on the edge of the nearby hill.
- Nuke as usual.
- Start from The Astralarium and head south. Follow the river.
- Use Mental Block before pulling.
- Ball them up near the edge of the river and nuke.
- While this farm can be done in Hard Mode, it's maybe best in Normal Mode because the mobs don't scatter nor heal, making the run way faster.
- Start from Droknar's Forge and head west towards the cave.
- Avoid Avicara groups.
- Taking a speed boost hero with you is recommended because with hero flagging it can draw unwanted aggro on the way to the cave.
- Once inside, maintain your enchants and stances as usual.
- Notable drops: Mountain Troll Tusks which can be exchanged for 20/20 offhands.
Charr at the start of Nolani Academy
- This can only be done in Normal Mode.
- Display your Ebon Vanguard title for the Rebel Yell buff.
- Enter the Nolani Academy mission and pull the lever that lets the Charr in.
- Go to the corner directly below the lever and wait for them to come to you.
- Wait until the melee ones ball up on you.
- Don't bother with stances, care only about Mental Block and "You Are All Weaklings!".
- Once they're all balled up apply Grenth's Aura and spam Chilling Victory until they're all dead.
- Notable drops: Charr Carvings which serve as currency during holidays.
Undead behind the house in the Gates of Kryta mission
- The moment you enter the mission, apply Dwarven Stability and Escape.
- Follow the main road for a bit, then turn left the first chance you get. You'll find a house, there's a hidden passage behind it.
- Follow the passage and you'll see a Hellhound. Aggro it then run back a bit until you find a corner to ball the mobs on.
- Apply Mental Block.
- Start the usual routine and kill the Hellhound and its group. More undead should spawn after.
- Kill them as usual.
- Notable drops: bones, dust, and Decayed Orr Emblems which serve as currency during holdiays.
- Ignore Fenrir's group because you can't kill him anyways, go for the other side of the cave.
Stone Wolves and Chilling Wisps outside the Eye of the North
- Both of these mobs are right outside the Eye of the North and can be farmed in the same run.
- You may want to do the Wisps in 2 separate groups for less scattering.
- As for the wolves, apply Mental Block right before pulling aggro, followed by "You Are All Weaklings!" on Johon the moment you're in range of him. Ball the wolves up on the boss.
- While it's possible to kill Johon the Oxflinger, it can take ages and isn't really recommended.
- Enter Pongmei Valley from Maatu Keep.
- Quickly use Escape to aggro the first group of Stone Scale Kirins. Do not aggro an other enemies.
- Spike like normal.
- Find the other two groups of Stone Scale Kirins while avoiding aggro of other enemies and Spike like normal.
|Hulking Stone Elementals
|Johon the Oxflinger|
|Gates of Kryta|
|Jade Brotherhood Knights, Stalking Nephilas, Juvenile Bladed Termites, Charr in Nolani Academy, Kveldulf, Stone Scale Kirin|
- General anti-melee.
- Stance / enchantment removal.