The PvXwiki community finds this to be a great build.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
This build is designed to defeat the first two waves of foes in the Breaching the Stygian Veil quest in Hard Mode with traps.
Attributes and Skills
The energy cost of attack skills, rituals, touch skills and all Ranger skills is reduced by 48%.
PropheciesRanger. Wilderness Survival 16Dust TrapTrapWhen Dust Trap is triggered, every second (for 5 seconds total), all nearby foes are Blinded for 8 seconds and take 26 damage. While activating this skill, you are easily interrupted. Dust Trap ends after 90 seconds.13230CoreRanger. Wilderness Survival 16Spike TrapElite TrapWhen Spike Trap is triggered, every second (for 2 seconds), all nearby foes are struck for 42 piercing damage, become Crippled for 26 seconds, and are knocked down. Spike Trap ends after 90 seconds. While activating this skill, you are easily interrupted.5220CoreRanger. Wilderness Survival 16Flame TrapTrapWhen Flame Trap is triggered, every second (for 3 seconds total), all nearby foes are struck for 21 fire damage and set on fire for 3 seconds. Flame Trap ends after 90 seconds. While activating this skill, you are easily interrupted.5220CoreNecromancer. Curses 9Mark of PainHex SpellFor 30 seconds, whenever target foe takes physical damage, Mark of Pain deals 28 shadow damage to adjacent foes.10120EotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank Ebon Battle Standard of HonorWard SpellYou plant an Ebon Battle Standard of Honor at your current location. For 14..20 seconds, non-Spirit allies in this area strike for +8..15 damage and an additional +7..10 vs. Charr.
PvE only.10120NightfallRanger. Expertise 12Trapper's SpeedStanceFor 25 seconds, your Traps recharge 25% faster and activate 25% faster. This Stance ends if you successfully hit with an attack.320CoreRanger. Wilderness Survival 16WinnowingNature RitualCreate a level 11 Spirit with 220 Health and 68 armor. Non-Spirit creatures within range take 4 additional damage whenever they take physical damage. This Spirit dies after 158 seconds.3560PropheciesRanger. Wilderness Survival 16Muddy TerrainNature RitualCreate a level 11 Spirit with 220 Health and 68 armor. Non-Spirit creatures within its range move 10% slower and speed boosts have no effect. This Spirit dies after 94 seconds.3530
|Variant: R/N HM Stygian Veil Trapper EoE Hero|
- Radiant insignias
- +20 Energy Staff of Fortitude.
- Optionally a spear or bow for additional Mark of Pain triggers.
- Set the hero to Avoid Combat mode.
- Display your Lightbringer title.
- Disable and micro Edge of Extinction and Unyielding Aura on the hero.
- Run east to the Adept of Whispers and accept the quest Breaching the Stygian Veil. Accept the bounty from the Whispers Informant if desired.
- Wait outside aggro range of the Stygian Hungers converging from the red valley below.
- Run down into the valley and continue around the Dreadspawn Maw until you reach the spot in the hero flag image.
- Flag your hero as shown, and continue towards the group until you are in the location of the second image.
- Activate Winnowing next to the wall as shown, and activate EoE on the hero panel.
- Activate Trapper's Speed, and begin trapping in this order: Dust, Spike, Flame.
- Continue activating traps as they recharge.
- Flag your hero away as shown anytime while you are waiting for skill recharges.
- After Trapper's Speed expires the first time, activate Muddy Terrain next to the other spirit. Make sure you activate Muddy Terrain while your traps are recharging so time isn't wasted.
- Use Trapper's Speed as your timer. After it has expired a third time, lay any remaining traps, and then pull.
- Cast Mark of Pain on the nearest target to pull, then immediately run behind your spirits and activate the ward.
- As long as you remain inside the ward, Flame Trap and Spike Trap will be buffed in damage.
- Exit the valley, return to the safe spot behind the teeth, and then release the hero flag.
- Once the next wave has converged, run back into the valley, collect your drops, and repeat.
- If any enemies follow you instead of attacking your spirit, drop a Spike Trap and run. Eventually, they may give up.
- Resign after the second wave, as Stygian Fiends will show up in the third wave and can't be killed.
- Improper timing.
- Incorrect spirit and/or trap placement.
- Insufficient Lightbringer rank.
- Monsters follow you instead of attacking your spirits.
- Serpent's Quickness may be used instead of Trapper's Speed. Begin pull no later than 3/4 recharge of the second activation of SQ.
- Replace EBSoH with another spirit or trap if you don't have the EotN expansion. See discussion page for possible alternatives.
- Several Stygian Hungers will likely cast Grenth's Balance on you before they die.
- After enemies have balled up and have been knocked down, you may attack the hexed target with a spear or bow to cause additional MoP triggers. Note that attempting this may cause scatter.
- No drops are assigned to party members outside compass range, so the player will receive all drops.
- It is possible to defeat both waves using only the player build at high Lightbringer and Ebon ranks.