Build:R/Rt QZ Ural's Support
This build is provisionally vetted great pending more votes.
This build has received a provisional rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
R/Rt QZ Ural's Support focuses on maintaining "By Ural's Hammer!" on the party through the effects of Quickening Zephyr. This combo provides a powerful 33% damage increase, 50% recharge reduction and death penalty protection to the entire team. The increased energy demands imposed by QZ are offset by the full energy refill provided every time BuH revives. This build is best played with casters that don't need much, if any, prep time before combat.
Attributes and Skills
The energy cost of attack skills, rituals, touch skills and all Ranger skills is reduced by 56%.
EotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank Ebon Vanguard Assassin SupportSpellSummon a level 14..20 Ebon Vanguard Assassin that has Iron Palm, Fox Fangs and Nine Tail Strike. This summoned Assassin Shadow Steps to target foe. If that foe is a Charr, the Assassin lives for 24..30 seconds. If target foe is not a Charr, the Assassin lives for 12..15 seconds.
PvE only.10130CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.FactionsRitualist. Kurzick rank 6Summon Spirits (Kurzick)SpellAll Spirits you control shadow step to your location, and gain 100 Health.
PvE only.5¼5PropheciesRanger. Wilderness Survival 11Serpent's QuicknessStanceFor 26 seconds, recharge times for your skills are reduced by 33%. Serpent's Quickness ends if your Health drops below 50%.245CoreRanger. Wilderness Survival 11Quickening ZephyrNature RitualCreate a level 8 Spirit with 160 Health and 50 armor. For non-Spirit creatures within its range, all skills recharge twice as fast and cost 30% more of the base Energy to cast. This Spirit dies after 37 seconds.11560EotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank 5"By Ural's Hammer!"ShoutFor 30 seconds, all dead party members in earshot are resurrected with full Health and Energy. Resurrected party members deal 33% more damage. When this effect ends, affected party members die. This skill does not incur a death penalty.
Variants to Serpent's QuicknessPropheciesRanger. Wilderness Survival Serpent's QuicknessStanceFor 15..27..31 seconds, recharge times for your skills are reduced by 33%. Serpent's Quickness ends if your Health drops below 50%.545: replace with one of the following options to maintain permanent QZ without relying on a morale boost or 16 WS
- Oath ShotPropheciesRanger. Expertise 14Oath ShotElite Bow AttackIf Oath Shot hits, all of your skills except Oath Shot are recharged. If it misses, all of your skills are disabled for 4 seconds. (50% miss chance with Expertise 7 or less.)425 : recharge your skills whenever needed. Allows for reliable recovery after mistakes or disruption, and you can double EVAS.
- Bring another copy of Quickening ZephyrCoreRanger. Wilderness Survival 0Quickening ZephyrNature RitualCreate a level 1 Spirit with 20 Health and 9 armor. For non-Spirit creatures within its range, all skills recharge twice as fast and cost 30% more of the base Energy to cast. This Spirit dies after 15 seconds.25560 (disable & micro) on a hero (don't bother investing anything more than spare points); casting QZ under the effects of QZ allows you to permanently maintain it.
Variants to Ebon Vanguard Assassin SupportEotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank Ebon Vanguard Assassin SupportSpellSummon a level 14..20 Ebon Vanguard Assassin that has Iron Palm, Fox Fangs and Nine Tail Strike. This summoned Assassin Shadow Steps to target foe. If that foe is a Charr, the Assassin lives for 24..30 seconds. If target foe is not a Charr, the Assassin lives for 12..15 seconds.
PvE only.10130: swap it out only if you have a martial player to aggro for you.
- "Together as One!"CoreRanger. Expertise 14"Together as One!"Elite ShoutFor 14 seconds, all party members near you or near your pet deal +14 additional damage with attacks and gain +7 Health regeneration.
PvE only.415 : potent regen and attack damage buff for the whole party.
- Great Dwarf WeaponEotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank Great Dwarf WeaponWeapon SpellFor 20 seconds, target other ally's weapon strikes for +15..20 damage and has a 28..40% chance to cause knock down.
PvE only.1015 : for a combination of damage and effective defense via knockdowns.
Restoration Magic (12)
- Tranquil Was TanasenFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 12Tranquil Was TanasenElite Item SpellHold Tanasen's ashes for up to 17 seconds. While you hold his ashes, you have +22 armor and cannot be interrupted.10120 : anti-interrupt; doesn't need much investment to be effective. Heroes will not cast Blood is PowerCoreNecromancer. Blood Magic Blood is PowerElite Enchantment SpellFor 10 seconds, target other ally gains +3..5..6 Energy regeneration.33%1¼ on you while you are holding the bundle.
- RecuperationFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 12RecuperationBinding RitualCreate a level 11 Spirit with 220 Health and 68 armor. Non-Spirit allies within its range gain +3 Health regeneration. This Spirit dies after 39 seconds.25¾45 : maintainable party regen.
- Spirit LightFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 12Spirit LightSpellTarget ally is healed for 156. If any Spirits are within earshot, you don't sacrifice Health.17%514 : strong spot heal.
- Mend Body and SoulFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 12Mend Body and SoulSpellTarget ally is healed for 96 Health. That ally loses one Condition for each spirit within earshot.5¾3 : weaker spot heal, but will let you clear condition stacks with enough spirits.
- Flesh of My FleshFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic Flesh of My FleshSpellLose half your Health. Resurrect target party member with your current Health and 5..17..21% Energy.54 : it's highly recommended to bring a rez, but not necessary; attribute investment optional.
Channeling Magic (12)
- Signet of SpiritsFactionsRitualist. Channeling Magic 12Signet of SpiritsElite SignetCreate three level 10 spirits. These spirits deal 17 damage with attacks. These spirits die after 60 seconds.130 : free spirits for passive damage and triggers for rit backline skills. Be careful when repositioning with Summon SpiritsFactionsRitualist. Kurzick rank Summon Spirits (Kurzick)SpellAll Spirits you control shadow step to your location, and gain 60..100 Health.
PvE only.5¼5, as QZ will be dragged with them.
- BloodsongFactionsRitualist. Channeling Magic 12BloodsongBinding RitualCreate a level 10 Spirit with 200 Health and 62 armor who dies after 126 seconds. Attacks by that Spirit steal up to 21 Health.5¾30 : +1 spirit.
- Painful BondFactionsRitualist. Channeling Magic 12Painful BondHex SpellFor 18 seconds, target foe and all nearby foes are Hexed with Painful Bond and take 18 damage whenever hit by a Spirit's attack.15112 : increase spirit DPS.
- Splinter WeaponFactionsRitualist. Channeling Magic 12Splinter WeaponWeapon SpellFor 20 seconds, target ally has a Splinter Weapon. Target ally's next 4 attacks deal 41 damage to up to 3 adjacent foes.515 : cast on EVAS for additional damage.
- Ancestors' RageFactionsRitualist. Channeling Magic 12Ancestors' RageSkillFor 1 second, nothing happens. When this skill ends, all foes adjacent to target ally are struck for 89 lightning damage.5¼10 : cast on EVAS for additional damage.
- Spirit SiphonFactionsRitualist. Channeling Magic 12Spirit SiphonSpellTarget Spirit loses all Energy. You gain 43% of that Energy.5¼3 : energy management; try to avoid draining the same spirit twice.
- Lightning ReflexesCoreRanger. Expertise 14Lightning ReflexesStanceFor 11 seconds, you have a 75% chance to block melee and projectile attacks, and you attack 33% faster.430 / Whirling DefenseCoreRanger. Expertise 14Whirling DefenseStanceFor 19 seconds, you have 75% chance to block attacks. Whenever you block a projectile in this way, adjacent foes take 11 damage.460 : block against physical disruption. Both have similar overall uptime, pick the duration you need.
- Throw DirtCoreRanger. Expertise 15Throw DirtSkillTarget touched foe and foes adjacent to your target become Blinded for 15 seconds.2130 : works better against balled melee foes than stances, assuming no condition removal.
- Greater ConflagrationPropheciesRanger. Wilderness Survival 10Greater ConflagrationElite Nature RitualCreate a level 7 Spirit with 140 Health and 44 armor. For non-Spirit creatures within its range, all physical damage is fire damage instead. This Spirit dies after 110 seconds.5315 & WinterPropheciesRanger. Wilderness Survival 10WinterNature RitualCreate a level 7 Spirit with 140 Health and 44 armor. For creatures within its range, all elemental damage is cold damage instead. This Spirit dies after 110 seconds.5360 : use with Mantra of FrostCoreMesmer. Inspiration Magic Mantra of FrostStanceFor 30..78..94 seconds, whenever you take cold damage, the damage is reduced by 26..45..52% and you gain 2 Energy.1020 among the team.
- Frozen SoilPropheciesRanger. Wilderness Survival 10Frozen SoilNature RitualCreate a level 7 Spirit with 140 Health and 44 armor. Non-Spirit creatures within its range cannot resurrect dead allies. This Spirit dies after 70 seconds.10530 : to block opposing resurrection; BUH ignores this spirit.
- If not taking any skills from other attributes, increase this attribute to 12+1+3 to be able to start maintaining permanent QZ using SQ from the start.
- Edge of ExtinctionPropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery Edge of ExtinctionNature RitualCreate a level 1..8..11 Spirit. If a non-Spirit creature within range dies, Edge of Extinction deals 14..43..52 damage to all creatures of the same type that are below 90% Health and within range of the Spirit. This Spirit dies after 30..126..158 seconds.5560 : can be very effective at spiking human enemy groups due to your team's automatic synchronized deaths under BUH. Also fine for general clean-up of non-human groups.
- Radiant Insignia recommended, choice of +Armor can be used instead if not running energy-intensive optionals.
- Headpiece with +1 Expertise
- Superior Runes of Wilderness Survival, Expertise and Vigor
- Two runes of Vitae or Attunement.
- Replace one with a Minor Rune of Beast Mastery if using Edge of Extinction.
- Staff with user's choice of mods.
- Mods are not critical, +Armor will reduce enemy aggro on you and improve survivability best if targeted. Feel free to replace with +Energy mods if needed.
- Longbow, Shortbow and Recurve bows of Defense with +5 Energy inscription/inherent mod if using Oath Shot.
- All party members that need to be under BUH should die by running/flagging into the nearest pack of enemies. Heroes can simply be flagged back and forth to prevent much skill use and give melee mobs auto-crits.
- Minion Masters and any melee relying on other buffs to function are not suitable BUH targets.
- Healers can benefit from the Death Penalty protection and energy refill every 30 seconds. The initial 15% DP can be worked off quickly.
- It is not recommended to place your protection hero (such as a Soul Twisting Prot Hero) under BUH; ST ritualists have significant setup time that can lead to delays in party protection which is needed if BUH lapses mid-fight.
- For the same reasons, it is highly recommended to bring Flesh of My FleshFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic Flesh of My FleshSpellLose half your Health. Resurrect target party member with your current Health and 5..17..21% Energy.54 on your Soul Twisting Prot Hero and to disable & micro it in case the player needs a rez at the same time BUH lapses. This can save the party from a wipe.
- Use Quickening Zephyr while under Serpent's Quickness.
- Run in and revive your entire party with BUH.
- Engage using EVAS to keep initial aggro off your team, reducing the risk that any of them will die before BUH ends.
- As your party moves, use Summon Spirits to keep QZ with you. Avoid bringing it in range of enemies.
- If using SQ, its recharge and that of QZ and BuH will line up so that you can maintain BUH indefinitely (but let BUH expire before reuse).
- Once your party kills a boss, immediately use QZ while under the previous QZ. From now on you will be able to keep it up permanently.
- If you set up perma QZ, just keep doing that, making sure not to miss your window or be engaged with foes that can disrupt you.
- Use your other support as needed.
- Flesh of My Flesh should only be used to rez when absolutely needed or for a party member that was not participating in the BUH chain.
- You will need to disable & micro any rezzes on your heros so that they do not ruin a BUH chain. While less party rezzes are needed, its smart to keep at least two copies on the team (preferably 1 on a mesmer, and 1 on a Soul Twisting Prot Hero) so that you can quickly get rezzed if you should die; player death while using BUH with a hero team can quickly become a wipe if you are not careful. For this reason, it is better to stay back and play supportive role rather than an active DPS one.
- Anti-summon skills: take advantage of spirit range to avoid losing your spirits to these
- Anti-shout: Well of SilenceNightfallNecromancer. Curses Well of SilenceWell SpellExploit target corpse to create a Well of Silence for 10..26..31 seconds. Foes within the well cannot use Shouts or Chants and suffer -1..3..4 Health degeneration.10120 and Vocal MinorityNightfallNecromancer. Curses Vocal MinorityHex SpellFor 5..17..21 seconds, target foe and all nearby foes cannot use Shouts or Chants.10120 in particular.
- Not getting all dead party members with BuH will force you to either revive them with FoMF (losing the benefits) or go 30 seconds without them.