The PvXwiki community finds this to be a good build.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 3.75 to < 4.75 and thus qualifies for the lower category of working builds: Good.
This build has been designed for the following use:
This Ranger uses the Elite skill Enraged Lunge along with a pet for good single-target damage and Deep Wound, while providing AoE damage through Volley.
Attributes and Skills
The energy cost of attack skills, rituals, touch skills and all Ranger skills is reduced by 36%.
EotNRanger. Marksmanship 13VolleyBow AttackAll your Preparations are removed. Shoot arrows at target foe and up to 3 foes adjacent to your target. These arrows strike for +9 damage if they hit.32CoreRanger. Marksmanship 13Savage ShotBow AttackIf Savage Shot hits, your target's action is interrupted. If that action was a Spell, you strike for +26 damage.6½5CoreRanger. Expertise 9Distracting ShotBow AttackIf Distracting Shot hits, it interrupts target foe's action but deals only 10 damage. If the interrupted action was a skill, that skill is disabled for an additional 20 seconds.3½10FactionsRanger. Beast Mastery 12Enraged LungeElite Pet AttackYour animal companion attempts an Enraged Lunge that applies a Deep Wound to target foe for 17 seconds and deals +42 damage.35CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.EotNRanger. Beast Mastery 12Feral AggressionSkillFor 17 seconds, your pet attacks 33% faster and deals 9 additional damage.1020CoreRanger. Beast Mastery 12Comfort AnimalSkillYou heal your animal companion for 87 Health. If your companion is dead, it is resurrected with 48% Health. If you have Comfort Animal equipped, your animal companion will travel with you.311
- OptionalCoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional. :
- Favorable WindsCoreRanger. Marksmanship 13Favorable WindsNature RitualCreate a level 9 Spirit with 180 Health and 56 armor. For non-Spirit creatures within its range, arrows move twice as fast and strike for +6 damage. This Spirit dies after 134 seconds.5560 - for more damage, and faster arrows means you won't get strafed.
- Sloth Hunter's ShotEotNRanger. Marksmanship 13Sloth Hunter's ShotBow AttackIf this attack hits, target foe takes +23 damage. If that foe is not using a Skill, Sloth Hunter's Shot does an additional +32 damage.108 - for increased single target damage.
- Otyugh's CryPropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery 12Otyugh's CryShoutFor 22 seconds, your animal companion gains +24 armor and cannot be blocked.530 - prevent blocking for your pet.
- Scavenger StrikeCoreRanger. Beast Mastery 12Scavenger StrikePet AttackYour animal companion attempts a Scavenger Strike that deals +22 damage. If the attack strikes a foe who is suffering a condition, you gain 13 Energy.510 - Energy
- Edge of ExtinctionPropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery 12Edge of ExtinctionNature RitualCreate a level 8 Spirit with 160 Health and 50 armor. If a non-Spirit creature within range dies, Edge of Extinction deals 43 damage to all creatures of the same type that are below 90% Health and within range of the Spirit. This Spirit dies after 126 seconds.5560 - additional damage to others upon finishing a foe. Be careful when deciding to use against human foes.
- Beastmaster's Insignias, a Rune of Vigor and Runes of Vitae.
- A Zealous longbow of Fortitude/Defense inscribed with "Strength and Honor" (15^50).
- Heroes don't spam BarrageCoreRanger. Marksmanship 13BarrageElite Bow AttackAll your Preparations are removed. Shoot arrows at target foe and up to 6 foes adjacent to your target. These arrows strike for +18 damage if they hit.51 or even VolleyEotNRanger. Marksmanship 13VolleyBow AttackAll your Preparations are removed. Shoot arrows at target foe and up to 3 foes adjacent to your target. These arrows strike for +9 damage if they hit.52 as much as they could even if Energy would permit, so opting for the latter frees up their Elite without significant loss.