Build:R/any PvE Beast Master
The PvXwiki community finds this to be a good build.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 3.75 to < 4.75 and thus qualifies for the lower category of working builds: Good.
This build has been designed for the following use:
This beast master build deals large amounts of single target damage without sacrificing the pet's survivability or mobility; fits into any kind of team build but will benefit from cracked armor and additional support for the pet, such as Strength of Honor. It also provides an effect that is similar to Ebon Vanguard Assassin Support, as Strike as One can be used upon entering a fight, which makes your pet teleport to a mob, causing opposing melee NPCs to ball up with casters.
Attributes and Skills
The energy cost of attack skills, rituals, touch skills and all Ranger skills is reduced by 52%.
PropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery 16Predator's PouncePet AttackYour animal companion attempts a Predator's Pounce that deals +37 damage. If that attack hits, your animal companion gains 53 Health.25PropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery 16Brutal StrikePet AttackYour animal companion attempts a Brutal Strike that deals +37 damage. If that attack strikes a foe whose Health is below 50%, that foe takes an additional +37 damage.55CoreRanger. Beast Mastery 16Scavenger StrikePet AttackYour animal companion attempts a Scavenger Strike that deals +26 damage. If the attack strikes a foe who is suffering a condition, you gain 16 Energy.210EotNRanger. Beast Mastery 16Feral AggressionSkillFor 21 seconds, your pet attacks 33% faster and deals 10 additional damage.720NightfallRanger. Beast Mastery 16Strike as OneElite ShoutYour animal companion instantly moves to your target and causes Bleeding for 16 seconds with its next attack. The next time you hit with an attack, target foe is Crippled for 16 seconds.210EotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank Great Dwarf WeaponWeapon SpellFor 20 seconds, target other ally's weapon strikes for +15..20 damage and has a 28..40% chance to cause knock down.
PvE only.1015PropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery 16Call of ProtectionShoutFor 120 seconds, your animal companion has a 21 base damage reduction.290CoreRanger. Beast Mastery 16Comfort AnimalSkillYou heal your animal companion for 110 Health. If your companion is dead, it is resurrected with 61% Health. If you have Comfort Animal equipped, your animal companion will travel with you.211
- Otyugh's CryPropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery 16Otyugh's CryShoutFor 26 seconds, your animal companion gains +24 armor and cannot be blocked.530 can replace Call of Protection if you need to circumvent blocking. The additional armor somewhat offsets the loss of flat damage reduction.
- Dire racing beetle pet.
- 5 beastmaster's insignias.
- Rune of superior vigor.
- 2 runes of vitae.
- Either a crippling "I Have the Power!" spear of defense with a shield of fortitude or an insightful "Hale and Hearty" staff of defense.
- It is not needed, but wielding a staff will make heroes use Blood is PowerCoreNecromancer. Blood Magic Blood is PowerElite Enchantment SpellFor 10 seconds, target other ally gains +3..5..6 Energy regeneration.33%1¼ on you.
- When entering the area click on the number next to the pet's name to open the pet control panel. Use it to make your pet attack them.
- Use Strike As One when your pet does not already stand in attack range to the target.
- Your own next attack will apply crippled condition. Make use of this if the target tries to kite your pet.
- Maintain Great Dwarf WeaponEotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank Great Dwarf WeaponWeapon SpellFor 20 seconds, target other ally's weapon strikes for +15..20 damage and has a 28..40% chance to cause knock down.
PvE only.1015, Feral AggressionEotNRanger. Beast Mastery Feral AggressionSkillFor 5..17..21 seconds, your pet attacks 33% faster and deals 3..9..10 additional damage.1520 and Call of ProtectionPropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery Call of ProtectionShoutFor 120 seconds, your animal companion has a 5..17..21 base damage reduction.590 on your pet.
- Increase your pet's damage by using the pet attack skills.
- Make sure that Brutal StrikePropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery Brutal StrikePet AttackYour animal companion attempts a Brutal Strike that deals +5..29..37 damage. If that attack strikes a foe whose Health is below 50%, that foe takes an additional +5..29..37 damage.105 hits targets below 50% health for additional 49 points of damage.
- Blindness condition and hexes such as Blurred VisionCoreElementalist. Water Magic Blurred VisionHex SpellFor 4..9..10 seconds, target foe and adjacent foes are Hexed with Blurred Vision. While Hexed, those foes have a 50% chance to miss with attacks.10112 used on the pet.
- Pets receive 33% less damage by default and all damage they deal is increased by 33%, applying on bonus damage from weapon spells, pet attack skills and other sources.
Pet used as tank and damage dealer in a Titan Quest: