This build is provisionally vetted good pending more votes.
This build has received a provisional rating in the range from 3.75 to < 4.75 and thus qualifies for the lower category of working builds: Good.
This build has been designed for the following use:
|This build is significantly affected by the Flux: Jack of All Trades. |
See the build's talk page for discussion and ramifications not noted here.
The Prepared Concussion Ranger does the job of a usual ranger, including spreading interrupts and poison. It carries Concussion Shot to spread dazed, and recovers from Concussion Shot's hefty energy cost with Prepared Shot.
Attributes and Skills
The energy cost of attack skills, rituals, touch skills and all Ranger skills is reduced by 44%.
CoreRanger. Expertise 11Distracting ShotBow AttackIf Distracting Shot hits, it interrupts target foe's action but deals only 12 damage. If the interrupted action was a skill, that skill is disabled for an additional 20 seconds.3½10CoreRanger. Marksmanship 13Concussion ShotBow AttackIf Concussion Shot hits while target foe is casting a Spell, the Spell is interrupted and your target is Dazed for 18 seconds. This attack deals only 14 damage.14½5NightfallRanger. Marksmanship 13Prepared ShotElite Bow AttackIf this attack hits, you strike for +23 damage. If you are under the effects of a Preparation, you gain 8 Energy.36CoreRanger. Wilderness Survival 11Apply PoisonPreparationFor 24 seconds, foes struck by your physical attacks become Poisoned for 12 seconds.8212NightfallRanger. Wilderness Survival 11Natural StrideStanceFor 6 seconds, you run 33% faster and have a 50% chance to block incoming attacks. Natural Stride ends if you become Hexed or Enchanted.312CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedResurrection SignetSignetResurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. This Signet only recharges when you gain a morale boost.3
Optional (and in JQ/FA, over Resurrection SignetCoreNo Profession. UnlinkedResurrection SignetSignetResurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. This Signet only recharges when you gain a morale boost.3):
- Lightning Reflexes (PvP)CoreRanger. Expertise 11Lightning Reflexes (PvP)StanceFor 9 seconds, you have a 75% chance to block melee and projectile attacks, and you attack 33% faster.645 : Long recharge, but allows you to push up with near-impunity, quickly spread conditions and easily interrupt.
- Pin DownCoreRanger. Marksmanship 12Pin DownBow AttackIf Pin Down hits, your target is Crippled for 13 seconds.158 : Basic snare, pretty much always useful.
- Debilitating ShotCoreRanger. Marksmanship 12Debilitating ShotBow AttackIf Debilitating Shot hits, your target loses 8 Energy.1010 : Rarely the best option for pressure due to low energy sets but can really sting if you catch someone in their high set with it.
- Troll UnguentCoreRanger. Wilderness Survival 11Troll UnguentSkillFor 13 seconds, you gain +8 Health regeneration.5310 : Potent but slow self heal, most useful in FA/JQ.
- Holy VeilCoreMonk. UnlinkedHoly VeilEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, any Hex cast on target ally takes twice as long to cast. When Holy Veil ends, one Hex is removed from target ally.-15112 / Remove HexCoreMonk. UnlinkedRemove HexSpellRemove a Hex from target ally.518 : Hex removal. Veil is generally a more versatile skill but Remove Hex has a slight recharge advantage.
- Mending TouchNightfallMonk. Protection Prayers 1Mending TouchSpellTouched ally loses two Conditions and is healed for 18 Health for each Condition removed in this way.5¾6 / Antidote SignetCoreRanger. UnlinkedAntidote SignetSignetCleanse yourself of Poison, Disease, and Blindness, and one additional condition.14 : Condition removal. Mending Touch is generally better if your secondary is available for Monk (can be used on allies), but Antidote Signet has guaranteed Blind removal from self and lets you use any secondary.
- Rend EnchantmentsCoreNecromancer. Curses 1Rend EnchantmentsSpellRemove 5 Enchantments from target foe. For each Monk Enchantment removed, you take 53 damage.5220 : Deep enchantment removal.
- Silencing Recurve Bow of Fortitude.
- Poisonous Short Bow of Fortitude.
- Vampiric Flatbow of Fortitude.
- Armor with Survivor Insignias.
- A collection of defensive Shield sets.
- Maintain Apply Poison and spread Poison with it.
- Use Prepared Shot to manage your energy.
- Spread dazed and interrupts with Concussion Shot and Distracting Shot. Note the different benefits.
- Use Natural Stride to cover Apply Poison and Resurrection Signet from physical interrupts.
- Melee hate.