This build is provisionally vetted great pending more votes.
This build has received a provisional rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Rt/R QZ Ural's Support focuses on maintaining "By Ural's Hammer!" on the party through the effects of Quickening Zephyr. This combo provides a powerful 33% damage increase, 50% recharge reduction and death penalty protection to the entire team. The increased energy demands imposed by QZ are offset by the full energy refill provided every time BuH revives. This build is best played with casters that don't need much, if any, prep time before combat.
Attributes and Skills
Creatures you create have 36% more Health, and weapon spells you cast last 36% longer.
EotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank Ebon Vanguard Assassin SupportSpellSummon a level 14..20 Ebon Vanguard Assassin that has Iron Palm, Fox Fangs and Nine Tail Strike. This summoned Assassin Shadow Steps to target foe. If that foe is a Charr, the Assassin lives for 24..30 seconds. If target foe is not a Charr, the Assassin lives for 12..15 seconds.
PvE only.10130CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.FactionsRitualist. Kurzick rank 5Summon Spirits (Kurzick)SpellAll Spirits you control shadow step to your location, and gain 92 Health.
PvE only.5¼5PropheciesRanger. Wilderness Survival 11Serpent's QuicknessStanceFor 26 seconds, recharge times for your skills are reduced by 33%. Serpent's Quickness ends if your Health drops below 50%.545CoreRanger. Wilderness Survival 11Quickening ZephyrNature RitualCreate a level 8 Spirit with 160 (+58) Health and 50 armor. For non-Spirit creatures within its range, all skills recharge twice as fast and cost 30% more of the base Energy to cast. This Spirit dies after 37 seconds.25560EotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank 5"By Ural's Hammer!"ShoutFor 30 seconds, all dead party members in earshot are resurrected with full Health and Energy. Resurrected party members deal 33% more damage. When this effect ends, affected party members die. This skill does not incur a death penalty.
Variant to Serpent's QuicknessPropheciesRanger. Wilderness Survival Serpent's QuicknessStanceFor 15..27..31 seconds, recharge times for your skills are reduced by 33%. Serpent's Quickness ends if your Health drops below 50%.545 : drop in favor of the following option to maintain permanent QZ without relying on a morale boost or 16 WS
- Bring another copy of Quickening ZephyrCoreRanger. Wilderness Survival 0Quickening ZephyrNature RitualCreate a level 1 Spirit with 20 Health and 9 armor. For non-Spirit creatures within its range, all skills recharge twice as fast and cost 30% more of the base Energy to cast. This Spirit dies after 15 seconds.25560 (disable & micro) on a hero (don't bother investing anything more than spare points); casting QZ under the effects of QZ allows you to permanently maintain it.
Variant to Ebon Vanguard Assassin SupportEotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank Ebon Vanguard Assassin SupportSpellSummon a level 14..20 Ebon Vanguard Assassin that has Iron Palm, Fox Fangs and Nine Tail Strike. This summoned Assassin Shadow Steps to target foe. If that foe is a Charr, the Assassin lives for 24..30 seconds. If target foe is not a Charr, the Assassin lives for 12..15 seconds.
PvE only.10130 : swap it out only if you have a martial player to aggro for you.
- Great Dwarf WeaponEotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank Great Dwarf WeaponWeapon SpellFor 20 seconds, target other ally's weapon strikes for +15..20 damage and has a 28..40% chance to cause knock down.
PvE only.1015 : for a combination of damage and effective defense via knockdowns.
Spawning Power (14)
- Ritual LordFactionsRitualist. Spawning Power 7Ritual LordElite SkillFor 19 seconds, your Ritualist attributes are boosted by 3 for your next skill. If that skill is a Binding Ritual, it recharges 33% faster and Ritual Lord recharges instantly.2%45 : combine with RejuvenationEotNRitualist. Restoration Magic 19RejuvenationBinding RitualCreate a level 25 Spirit with 500 Health and 150 armor. This Spirit heals all party members within earshot for 12 Health each second. This Spirit loses 12 Health for each party member healed in this way. This Spirit dies after 106 seconds.10¾30 & RecuperationFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 19RecuperationBinding RitualCreate a level 17 Spirit with 340 Health and 103 armor. Non-Spirit allies within its range gain +4 Health regeneration. This Spirit dies after 53 seconds.25¾45 ; run 12+1+3 Restoration Magic and 6+1 Spawning Power.
- Spirit ChannelingFactionsRitualist. Spawning Power 14Spirit ChannelingElite Enchantment SpellFor 12 seconds, you have +6 Energy regeneration. When you cast this spell, you gain 11 Energy if you are within earshot of a spirit.5130 : remove reliance on Blood is PowerCoreNecromancer. Blood Magic Blood is PowerElite Enchantment SpellFor 10 seconds, target other ally gains +3..5..6 Energy regeneration.33%1¼.
- Spirit to FleshFactionsRitualist. Spawning Power 14Spirit to FleshSpellTarget touched allied Spirit is destroyed. All nearby allies are healed for 226.10¾15 : large AoE heal.; combines well with LifeFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 12LifeBinding RitualCreate a level 11 Spirit with 220 Health and 68 armor. When this Spirit dies, all non-Spirit allies within its range are healed for 6 Health for each second this Spirit was alive. This Spirit dies after 20 seconds.10¾20 .
- EmpowermentNightfallRitualist. Spawning Power 14EmpowermentBinding RitualCreate a level 13 Spirit with 260 (+146) Health and 79 armor. All allies within its range holding an item gain 43 maximum Health and 10 maximum Energy. This Spirit dies after 57 seconds.5¾30 : increase the energy pools of those using item spells; combines well with Tranquil Was TanasenFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 12Tranquil Was TanasenElite Item SpellHold Tanasen's ashes for up to 17 seconds. While you hold his ashes, you have +22 armor and cannot be interrupted.10120 and doesn't need much investment to be effective.
Restoration Magic (14)
- Tranquil Was TanasenFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 14Tranquil Was TanasenElite Item SpellHold Tanasen's ashes for up to 19 seconds. While you hold his ashes, you have +24 armor and cannot be interrupted.10120 : anti-interrupt to prevent QZ from being interrupted; doesn't need much investment to be effective unless you want the armor bonus. Heroes will not cast Blood is PowerCoreNecromancer. Blood Magic Blood is PowerElite Enchantment SpellFor 10 seconds, target other ally gains +3..5..6 Energy regeneration.33%1¼ on you while you are holding the bundle.
- RejuvenationEotNRitualist. Restoration Magic 14RejuvenationBinding RitualCreate a level 19 Spirit with 380 Health and 114 armor. This Spirit heals all party members within earshot for 10 Health each second. This Spirit loses 10 Health for each party member healed in this way. This Spirit dies after 86 seconds.10¾30 : continual party healing.
- RecuperationFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 14RecuperationBinding RitualCreate a level 13 Spirit with 260 Health and 79 armor. Non-Spirit allies within its range gain +3 Health regeneration. This Spirit dies after 43 seconds.25¾45 : maintainable party regen.
- LifeFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 14LifeBinding RitualCreate a level 13 Spirit with 260 Health and 79 armor. When this Spirit dies, all non-Spirit allies within its range are healed for 7 Health for each second this Spirit was alive. This Spirit dies after 20 seconds.10¾20 : party-wide heal.
- Spirit LightFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 14Spirit LightSpellTarget ally is healed for 172. If any Spirits are within earshot, you don't sacrifice Health.17%514 : strong spot heal.
- Mend Body and SoulFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 14Mend Body and SoulSpellTarget ally is healed for 109 Health. That ally loses one Condition for each spirit within earshot.5¾3 : weaker spot heal, but will let you clear condition stacks with enough spirits.
- Flesh of My FleshFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic Flesh of My FleshSpellLose half your Health. Resurrect target party member with your current Health and 5..17..21% Energy.54 : it's highly recommended to bring a rez, but not necessary; attribute investment optional.
Channeling Magic (16)
- Signet of SpiritsFactionsRitualist. Channeling Magic 16Signet of SpiritsElite SignetCreate three level 13 spirits. These spirits deal 21 damage with attacks. These spirits die after 60 seconds.130 : free spirits for passive damage and triggers for rit backline skills. Be careful when repositioning with Summon SpiritsFactionsRitualist. Kurzick rank Summon Spirits (Kurzick)SpellAll Spirits you control shadow step to your location, and gain 60..100 Health.
PvE only.5¼5, as QZ will be dragged with them.
- BloodsongFactionsRitualist. Channeling Magic 16BloodsongBinding RitualCreate a level 13 Spirit with 260 Health and 79 armor who dies after 158 seconds. Attacks by that Spirit steal up to 26 Health.5¾30 : +1 spirit.
- Painful BondFactionsRitualist. Channeling Magic 16Painful BondHex SpellFor 21 seconds, target foe and all nearby foes are Hexed with Painful Bond and take 21 damage whenever hit by a Spirit's attack.15112 : increase spirit DPS.
- Splinter WeaponFactionsRitualist. Channeling Magic 16Splinter WeaponWeapon SpellFor 20 seconds, target ally has a Splinter Weapon. Target ally's next 5 attacks deal 53 damage to up to 3 adjacent foes.515 : cast on EVAS for additional damage
- Ancestors' RageFactionsRitualist. Channeling Magic 16Ancestors' RageSkillFor 1 second, nothing happens. When this skill ends, all foes adjacent to target ally are struck for 117 lightning damage.5¼10 : cast on EVAS for additional damage
- Spirit SiphonFactionsRitualist. Channeling Magic 16Spirit SiphonSpellTarget Spirit loses all Energy. You gain 52% of that Energy.5¼3 : energy management; try to avoid draining the same spirit twice.
- Greater ConflagrationPropheciesRanger. Wilderness Survival 11Greater ConflagrationElite Nature RitualCreate a level 8 Spirit with 160 Health and 50 armor. For non-Spirit creatures within its range, all physical damage is fire damage instead. This Spirit dies after 118 seconds.5315 & WinterPropheciesRanger. Wilderness Survival 11WinterNature RitualCreate a level 8 Spirit with 160 Health and 50 armor. For creatures within its range, all elemental damage is cold damage instead. This Spirit dies after 118 seconds.5360 : use with Mantra of FrostCoreMesmer. Inspiration Magic Mantra of FrostStanceFor 30..78..94 seconds, whenever you take cold damage, the damage is reduced by 26..45..52% and you gain 2 Energy.1020 among the team.
- Frozen SoilPropheciesRanger. Wilderness Survival 11Frozen SoilNature RitualCreate a level 8 Spirit with 160 Health and 50 armor. Non-Spirit creatures within its range cannot resurrect dead allies. This Spirit dies after 74 seconds.10530 : to block opposing resurrection. BUH ignores this spirit.
- Edge of ExtinctionPropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery Edge of ExtinctionNature RitualCreate a level 1..8..11 Spirit. If a non-Spirit creature within range dies, Edge of Extinction deals 14..43..52 damage to all creatures of the same type that are below 90% Health and within range of the Spirit. This Spirit dies after 30..126..158 seconds.5560 : can be very effective at spiking human enemy groups due to your team's automatic synchronized deaths under BUH. Also fine for general clean-up of non-human groups.
- All party members that need to be under BUH should die by running/flagging into the nearest pack of enemies. Heroes can simply be flagged back and forth to prevent much skill use and give melee mobs auto-crits.
- Minion Masters and any melee relying on other buffs to function are not suitable BUH targets.
- Healers can benefit from the Death Penalty protection and energy refill every 30 seconds. The initial 15% DP can be worked off quickly.
- It is not recommended to place your protection hero (such as a Soul Twisting Prot Hero) under BUH; ST ritualists have significant setup time that can lead to delays in party protection which is needed if BUH lapses mid-fight.
- For the same reasons, it is highly recommended to bring Flesh of My FleshFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic Flesh of My FleshSpellLose half your Health. Resurrect target party member with your current Health and 5..17..21% Energy.54 on your Soul Twisting Prot Hero and to disable & micro it in case the player needs a rez at the same time BUH lapses. This can save the party from a wipe.
- Use Quickening Zephyr while under Serpent's Quickness.
- Run in and revive your entire party with BUH.
- Engage using EVAS to keep initial aggro off your team, reducing the risk that any of them will die before BUH ends.
- As your party moves, use Summon Spirits to keep QZ with you. Avoid bringing it in range of enemies.
- If using SQ, its recharge and that of QZ and BuH will line up so that you can maintain BUH indefinitely (but let BUH expire before reuse).
- Once your party kills a boss, immediately use QZ while under the previous QZ. From now on you will be able to keep it up permanently.
- If you set up perma QZ, just keep doing that, making sure not to miss your window or be engaged with foes that can disrupt you.
- Use your other support as needed.
- Flesh of My Flesh should only be used to rez when absolutely needed or for a party member that was not participating in the BUH chain.
- You will need to disable & micro any rezzes on your heros so that they do not ruin a BUH chain. While less party rezzes are needed, its smart to keep at least two copies on the team (preferably 1 on a mesmer, and 1 on a Soul Twisting Prot Hero) so that you can quickly get rezzed if you should die; player death while using BUH with a hero team can quickly become a wipe if you are not careful. For this reason, it is better to stay back and play supportive role rather than an active DPS one.
- Anti-summon skills: take advantage of spirit range to avoid losing your spirits to these
- Anti-shout: Well of SilenceNightfallNecromancer. Curses Well of SilenceWell SpellExploit target corpse to create a Well of Silence for 10..26..31 seconds. Foes within the well cannot use Shouts or Chants and suffer -1..3..4 Health degeneration.10120 and Vocal MinorityNightfallNecromancer. Curses Vocal MinorityHex SpellFor 5..17..21 seconds, target foe and all nearby foes cannot use Shouts or Chants.10120 in particular.
- Not getting all dead party members with BuH will force you to either revive them with FoMF (losing the benefits) or go 30 seconds without them.