Build:Team - 1 Hero Margonite Gemstone Farm
This build is provisionally vetted great pending more votes.
This build has received a provisional rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
This build uses a Perma Tank and a Life Barrier Bonder to tank and kill Margonites in the City of Torc'qua in normal or hard mode through the use of visage spells and the Anur Tuk's Famine spirits. This can be done with either another player, or using a hero bonder.
NightfallAssassin. Deadly Arts 3Deadly ParadoxStanceAll of your attack Skills are disabled for 10 seconds. For 7 seconds, your Assassin Skills activate and recharge 33% faster.1510FactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 16Shadow FormElite Enchantment SpellFor 22 seconds, you cannot be the target of enemy Spells, and you gain 5 damage reduction for each Assassin enchantment on you. You cannot deal more than 26 damage with a single skill or attack.5130FactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 16Shroud of DistressEnchantment SpellFor 62 seconds, if you are below 50% Health, you have 8 health regeneration and a 75% chance to block attacks.10145EotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank Great Dwarf ArmorEnchantment SpellFor 22..40 seconds, target ally has +24 armor, +60 maximum Health, and an additional +24 armor against Destroyers.
PvE only.5110EotNNo Profession. Norn rank "I Am Unstoppable!"ShoutFor 16..20 seconds, you have +24 armor and cannot be knocked down or Crippled.
PvE only.530FactionsMesmer. Illusion Magic 12Ancestor's VisageEnchantment SpellFor 9 seconds, whenever target ally is hit by a melee attack, all adjacent foes lose all adrenaline and 3 Energy.10120PropheciesMesmer. Illusion Magic 12Sympathetic VisageEnchantment SpellFor 9 seconds, whenever target ally is hit by a melee attack, all adjacent foes lose all adrenaline and 3 Energy.10120FactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 16Death's ChargeSpellShadow Step to target foe. If that foe has more Health than you, you are healed for 209.5¼30
|Position 1 Variant: Me/A Mesmer Tank|
|Position 1 Variant: E/Me Elementalist Tank|
- Full Blessed Armor
- Spear/Sword/Axe of Enchanting with +5 energy
- Shield of Fortitude with +10 Vs Demons - such as the Aegis of Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh or Aegis of Terror.
- Enchanting staff of enchanting. Preferably illusion for wanding down survivors.
- Maintain all enchantments (except for the Visage skills) and "I am unstoppable!".
- Group casters and paragons in a tight ball along the wall.
- Drag melee to the ball and start maintaining your visages. Only have one active at a time otherwise the enemies might break.
- Pick up drops
Your allies are healed for 19 Health whenever you cast Monk spells on them.
PropheciesMonk. Smiting Prayers Balthazar's SpiritEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target ally gains adrenaline and Energy after taking damage. (The amount of adrenaline gained increases depending on your rank in Smiting Prayers.)
Target ally gets healed for 19 Health.-1102PropheciesMonk. Divine Favor 6Watchful SpiritEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target ally gains +2 Health regeneration. That ally is healed for 90 Health when Watchful Spirit ends.
Target ally gets healed for 19 Health.-11515PropheciesMonk. Protection Prayers 16Life BarrierElite Enchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, damage dealt to target other ally is reduced by 52%. If your Health is below 50% when that ally takes damage, Life Barrier ends.
Target ally gets healed for 19 Health.-11525CoreMonk. Protection Prayers 16Life BondEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, whenever target other ally takes damage from an attack, half the damage is redirected to you. The damage you receive this way is reduced by 32.
Target ally gets healed for 19 Health.-1102CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreMonk. Divine Favor 6Blessed SignetSignetFor each Enchantment you are maintaining, you gain 3 Energy. You cannot gain more than 11 energy in this way.210PropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery 12Edge of ExtinctionNature RitualCreate a level 8 Spirit with 160 Health and 50 armor. If a non-Spirit creature within range dies, Edge of Extinction deals 43 damage to all creatures of the same type that are below 90% Health and within range of the Spirit. This Spirit dies after 126 seconds.5560CoreMonk. Protection Prayers 16RebirthSpellResurrect target party member. Target party member is returned to life with 25% Health and zero Energy, and is teleported to your current location. All of target's skills are disabled for 3 seconds. This Spell consumes all of your remaining Energy.105
- If you are bringing a hero, do not bring any other skills that Target. The hero might walk away from your flag and try to cast it on the tank and grab agro.
- OptionalCoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional. :
- Vital BlessingPropheciesMonk. Protection Prayers 16Vital BlessingEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target ally has +211 maximum Health.-110¾2
- Strength of HonorCoreMonk. Smiting Prayers 8Strength of HonorEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target ally deals 16 more damage in melee.-110215 (For killing left-overs.)
- Heal PartyCoreMonk. Healing Prayers 8Heal PartySpellHeal entire party for 54 Health.1522
- MindbenderEotNNo Profession. Asura rank 10MindbenderEnchantment SpellFor 16 seconds, you move 33% faster and your Spells take 20% less time to cast.
PvE only.5124 (For quicker placement of bonds.)
- Max energy armor
- High energy staff
- Place all of your bonds on the tank and then cast balthazar's spirit on yourself. Be sure to use Life Barrier before Life Bond.
- When the tank pings come into spirit range of the mob and lay down Edge of Extinction. Do not agro anything or attack any spirits.
- Pick up loot.
- IMPORTANT: Set hero to Avoid Combat.
- Cast Balthazar's Spirit on the hero and then cast all bonds on the tank. Be sure to use Life Barrier before Life Bond.
- When you walk forward and the hero is on the edge of the map, flag the hero inwards along the wall. (See Videos)
- After the group is balled, flag the hero slightly closer so it is in spirit range but not agro range and cast Edge of Extinction.
- In Hard mode finding proper placement for the spirit is key due to melee scatter.
- Player or Hero bonder gets agro.
- Tank gets KD while casting Shadow Form.
|A/Me with a Hero
|Me/A with a Hero
|E/Me with a Hero|
|The first group with another player|