The PvXwiki community finds this to be a great build.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Use Whirling Defense and large mobs to farm Margonites in the City of Tor'qua as well as clear it in HM.
The energy cost of attack skills, rituals, touch skills and all Ranger skills is reduced by 64%.
NightfallAssassin. Deadly Arts 3Deadly ParadoxStanceAll of your attack Skills are disabled for 10 seconds. For 7 seconds, your Assassin Skills activate and recharge 33% faster.1510FactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 12Shadow FormElite Enchantment SpellFor 18 seconds, you cannot be the target of enemy Spells, and you gain 5 damage reduction for each Assassin enchantment on you. You cannot deal more than 21 damage with a single skill or attack.5130FactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 12Shroud of DistressEnchantment SpellFor 54 seconds, if you are below 50% Health, you have 7 health regeneration and a 75% chance to block attacks.10145FactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 12Unseen FuryStanceAll adjacent foes are Blinded for 9 seconds. For 26 seconds, you cannot be blocked by Blinded foes. 520EotNNo Profession. Norn rank "I Am Unstoppable!"ShoutFor 16..20 seconds, you have +24 armor and cannot be knocked down or Crippled.
PvE only.530EotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank Dwarven StabilityEnchantment SpellFor 24..30 seconds, your Stances last 55..100% longer. If you activated this Skill while drunk, you cannot be knocked down.
PvE only.5¼30CoreRanger. Expertise 16Whirling DefenseStanceFor 21 seconds, you have 75% chance to block attacks. Whenever you block a projectile in this way, adjacent foes take 11 damage.460CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.
- OptionalCoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional. :
- Throw DirtCoreRanger. Expertise 16Throw DirtSkillTarget touched foe and foes adjacent to your target become Blinded for 16 seconds.2130 to avoid dropping Whirling Defense
- "Finish Him!"EotNNo Profession. Norn rank 10"Finish Him!"ShoutIf target foe has less than 50% Health, that foe takes 80 damage and suffers from Cracked Armor and a Deep Wound for 20 seconds.
PvE only.1015 to finish off Monks
- Death's ChargeFactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 12Death's ChargeSpellShadow Step to target foe. If that foe has more Health than you, you are healed for 173.5¼30
- RecallFactionsAssassin. UnlinkedRecallEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain Recall, nothing happens. When Recall ends, you Shadow Step to the ally you targeted when you activated this skill and all of your skills are disabled for 10 seconds.-115110 can be maintained on the bonder for additonal 5 damage reduction and as an emergency panic button in case Shadow Form is interrupted or will not recharge in time (if you cast it with neither Deadly Paradox or Quickening Zephyr). Additionally, the enchantment will end itself if you move outside of compass range from the Bonder, teleporting you to safety.
- Full Blessed or Radiant
- Spear of Enchanting
- Shield of Fortitude
Your allies are healed for 22 Health whenever you cast Monk spells on them.
CoreMonk. Healing Prayers 13Healing BreezeEnchantment SpellFor 15 seconds, target ally gains +8 Health regeneration.
Target ally gets healed for 22 Health.1015CoreMonk. Protection Prayers 16RebirthSpellResurrect target party member. Target party member is returned to life with 25% Health and zero Energy, and is teleported to your current location. All of target's skills are disabled for 3 seconds. This Spell consumes all of your remaining Energy.105CoreRanger. Wilderness Survival 7Quickening ZephyrNature RitualCreate a level 5 Spirit with 100 Health and 32 armor. For non-Spirit creatures within its range, all skills recharge twice as fast and cost 30% more of the base Energy to cast. This Spirit dies after 29 seconds.25560CoreMonk. Divine Favor 7Blessed SignetSignetFor each Enchantment you are maintaining, you gain 3 Energy. You cannot gain more than 13 energy in this way.210CoreMonk. Healing Prayers 13MendingEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target ally gains +4 Health regeneration.
Target ally gets healed for 22 Health.-1102PropheciesMonk. Smiting Prayers Balthazar's SpiritEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target ally gains adrenaline and Energy after taking damage. (The amount of adrenaline gained increases depending on your rank in Smiting Prayers.)
Target ally gets healed for 22 Health.-1102CoreMonk. Protection Prayers 16Life BondEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, whenever target other ally takes damage from an attack, half the damage is redirected to you. The damage you receive this way is reduced by 32.
Target ally gets healed for 22 Health.-1102PropheciesMonk. Protection Prayers 16Life BarrierElite Enchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, damage dealt to target other ally is reduced by 52%. If your Health is below 50% when that ally takes damage, Life Barrier ends.
Target ally gets healed for 22 Health.-11525
- The paragons use Wild Throw, so keep Whirling Defenses up to prevent them from charging it. If they do get one off, spam Unseen Fury to prevent adrenaline gain; you can also use Unseen Fury before Whirling Defenses just in case.
- Try to keep IAU up the whole time, it decreases damage as well as prevent you from getting KDed by Magehunter's Smash.
- You have to be extremely attentive to QZ so you will know if you have to use Deadly Paradox to keep Shadow Form up. Make sure you are in range before using any skills.
- Cast bonds outside QZ at the start.
- Maintain Shadow Form and Shroud of Distress while killing groups.
- Flag your hero at the Whisper guy.
- Aggro the first three groups. Keep Whirling Defense up while doing this so the Paragons don't build adrenaline.
- If you're fast enough, grab the patrol group near the wall.
- Ball any Paragons together and kill them first. Next pull your melee aggro to the Monks, they will be in the open from using Healing Whisper and Healing Touch. Once the Monks die, finish the melee and pull them to the patrol group if you haven't done so. Kill the patrol group's Monk and melee with your three groups.
- Now take your four groups and aggro the next closest group. You will need a bow to shoot the spirits to catch aggro. Rinse and repeat on any Paragons, Monks, and melee there is with your five groups. Your fifth group has QZ, so now you can kill off your first foour groups, starting with the ranger. All the casters will die in a few seconds.
- You will have only the fifth group now, take it and aggro the next 2-3 groups. Repeat killing any Paragons, Monks, and melee. Use your aggro to start killing the enemies on the wall.
- After killing all the guys on the right half of the wall, flag your hero down below and over to the coliseum.
- At this part, you can only keep two groups when killing the ranger at the far side on the wall. If neither of these groups have a ranger for spamming QZ, you'll be fortunate if you had brung QZ on your hero. Otherwise you'll have to pull the ranger group so they can set down QZ (or you can pop an candy corn).
- After clearing the wall, you get to finish off the rest of the enemies.
- Kill all but one ranger so that QZ stays up, you may have to move them around a bit. Now ball your casters if you haven't and wait until they have a sliver of health left. You can now kill the ranger; wait for him to put down QZ and pull him away so you don't kill the spirit. He will die before the spirit does. Now finish off your group that's almost dead.
- Take the gate group and head to the right side. Have your monk follow along the outside wall.
- You'll need the next two groups to have enough damage to take out the monks. All three groups have a monk so you need to ball them up and pewpew until the monks die.
- There is a patrolling group that is pretty far away, it will take a minute for them to get close enough to pull to rest of the group.
- Take out the monk and use the gate group to take out the rest of the enemies.
- Flag your hero outside the left side of the wall, far enough so he doesn't aggro any groups.
- Put up everything as you run in. Aggro the four or so close groups and take out any paragons, monks, and melee.
- Now use this aggro to kill the two farther groups first since they can't be pulled to the gate group.
- Pull the last 2-3 groups down to the gate group, use a bow if they are patrolling the right side.
- Use the gate group to kill your four groups, starting with rangers and then kill the gate group.
- Time to kill Lord Jadoth.
- You really don't want to aggro the Monk boss group at this part, since Whirling Defense won't do enough damage to take down the paragons or healers and it's a nightmare.
- There is a patrol before the three giant groups however, so take out any paragons, monks, and melee. Flag your hero in the area below the cliff.
- Go up and aggro the Paragon boss group, Lord Jadoth's group will follow. If you pull the group down far enough, Jadoth's group will lose aggro. Take out any paragons, monks, and melee, including the Paragon boss.
- You can now use this group to do the same to Jadoth's group. Take out the monk and paragon without being interrupted.
- Don't walk too close to Jadoth's spawn point, or the environmental effect Demonic Miasma will trigger, killing you.
- Jadoth should be the only threat left now. He can interrupt Shadow Form, so stay near the cliff so your hero can res you in case you're interrupted. Use Unseen Fury>Shadow Form->Whirling Defense at the start. You won't be able to use Unseen Fury while recasting Shadow Form the second time since it will remove Whirling Defense. Try timing Shadow Form while he uses Anthem of Guidance or right after Storm of Judgment. Cycle until Jadoth dies.
- Collect your gems from the chest.
- Wild Throw
- Running out of energy
- KD while using Shadow Form
- Monk dropping Life Barrier
- Not enough aggro to kill healers
- Casting without QZ up
- Lag from the large amount of enemies
- Quickening Zephyr on the monk in case it isn't available
- Succor for energy
- Edge of Extinction
- Winnowing on bonder for easier monk takedown.
- A spirit spammer if you miss a couple guys.
- Throw Dirt
- Great Dwarf Armor
- Mark of Death
- Distracting Shot
- Alcohol for permanent KD prevention, in which case IaU can be swapped out. Using Grog makes it easy to track whether you're still drunk, as it applies a status effect for the duration of its effect.
- A high norn, deldrimor, and lb title is advisable.
- If the monks aren't dying, you can use the melee and/or casters as heal fodder until they die.
- Each part take ~15 minutes to clear, experienced players can clear it 10-15 minutes faster provided no deaths.
- 6 additional heroes can be brought to pick off stragglers and the wall. They should be flagged outside of compass range until needed.
- 1 Panic, 2 ESurge, 1 BiP, 1 SoS, 1 ST works fine. Energy management skills and signets are advisable for mesmers, Ether Signet for instance.
- Less experienced players may choose to leave Tuks alive for their QZ.
- The wall can mostly be left alone as long as you kill the first Mank. The first Mank will snipe the bonder from a long distance if left alive. He can be whirled as usual, or the heroes can pick off the first Su and Mank after the first ball is killed.
|The first group with a Hero|