|This article might need to be rewritten.
Reason: It has been suggested to change the team setup for improved reliability and faster experience gain, details see here.
The PvXwiki community finds this to be a great build.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
|This build requires Consumables to operate properly.|
- 1 Overview
- 2 Player
- 3 Keystone Mesmers
- 4 ES Resto
- 5 Enraged EoE
- 6 SoS Resto
- 7 Healing Burst Healer
- 8 Bonder
- 9 Usage
- 10 Notes
- 11 Videos
CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.PropheciesMonk. Divine Favor 0Watchful SpiritEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target ally gains +2 Health regeneration. That ally is healed for 30 Health when Watchful Spirit ends.-11515PropheciesMonk. Protection Prayers 13Protective BondEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target ally cannot lose more than 5% max Health due to damage from a single attack or Spell. When Protective Bond prevents damage, you lose 3 Energy or the Spell ends.-1102
- Load your favourite primary profession only build.
- Build appropriate weapons to fight to AFK location.
- Any staff or wand and offhand for AFK tanking. Do not use martial weapons while AFK tanking.
You activate Spells and Signets 53% faster. (No effect for non-Mesmer skills with a cast time less than 2 seconds.)
In PvE, the recharge time of your Mesmer Spells is reduced by 48%.
PropheciesMesmer. Fast Casting 16Keystone SignetElite SignetAll of your signets except Keystone Signet are recharged. For 20 seconds, the next 6 times you use a signet that targets a foe, all other foes adjacent to your target are interrupted and take 63 damage.0.515EotNMesmer. Illusion Magic 13Wandering EyeHex SpellFor 4 seconds, the next time target foe attacks, that attack is interrupted and all nearby foes take 99 damage.51.012NightfallMesmer. Illusion Magic 16Signet of ClumsinessSignetIf target foe is attacking, that foe and all adjacent foes are interrupted and take 63 damage. Any foes using attack skills are knocked down.0.18FactionsMesmer. Domination Magic 16Unnatural SignetSignetTarget foe takes 79 damage. If that foe is under the effects of a hex or enchantment, foes adjacent to your target take 53 damage.0.510NightfallMonk. Smiting Prayers 16Signet of Mystic WrathSignetTarget foe takes 37 holy damage for each Enchantment on you (maximum 100 holy damage).1.020CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.NightfallMesmer. Fast Casting 16Symbolic CelerityEnchantment SpellFor 62 seconds, all of your signets use your Fast Casting attribute instead of their normal attributes.150.530
- Weapons: 40/20/20% Illusion Magic staff or 40/40 Illusion Magic set. Do not use martial weapons.
- Armour: Full Artificer's insignias, Runes of Vitae and a Superior Vigor rune.
- Heroes run forward if using martial weapons. This may cause additional aggro breaks, reducing the effectiveness of a tank.
You activate Spells and Signets 34% faster. (No effect for non-Mesmer skills with a cast time less than 2 seconds.)
In PvE, the recharge time of your Mesmer Spells is reduced by 27%.
CoreMesmer. Domination Magic 16Energy SurgeElite SpellTarget foe loses 11 Energy. For each point of Energy lost, that foe and all nearby foes take 9 damage.51.315NightfallMesmer. Domination Magic 16MistrustHex SpellFor 6 seconds, the next spell that target foe casts on one of your allies fails and deals 106 damage to that foe and all nearby foes.101.312FactionsMesmer. Domination Magic 16Unnatural SignetSignetTarget foe takes 79 damage. If that foe is under the effects of a hex or enchantment, foes adjacent to your target take 53 damage.0.710NightfallMesmer. Domination Magic 16Spiritual PainSpellTarget foe takes 79 damage. All hostile summoned creatures in the area of that foe take 132 damage.50.77CoreMesmer. Inspiration Magic 8Power DrainSpellIf target foe is casting a Spell or Chant, that Skill is interrupted and you gain 17 Energy.50.220EotNMesmer. Inspiration Magic 8Waste Not, Want NotSpellIf target foe is not casting a Spell or attacking, you gain 11 Energy.50.215FactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 8Mend Body and SoulSpellTarget ally is healed for 71 Health. That ally loses one Condition for each spirit within earshot.5¾3FactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 8Spirit LightSpellTarget ally is healed for 124. If any Spirits are within earshot, you don't sacrifice Health.17%514
- Weapons: 40/40 Domination Magic set or defensive set.
- Armour: Full Survivor or Blessed insignias, Rune of Vitae and a Superior Vigor rune.
- MB&S and SL serve to top up the Keystone's health should aggro break to them, supplements the healers while fighting.
The energy cost of attack skills, rituals, touch skills and all Ranger skills is reduced by 12%.
FactionsRanger. Beast Mastery 16Enraged LungeElite Pet AttackYour animal companion attempts an Enraged Lunge that applies a Deep Wound to target foe for 21 seconds and deals +53 damage.45CoreRanger. Beast Mastery 16Scavenger StrikePet AttackYour animal companion attempts a Scavenger Strike that deals +26 damage. If the attack strikes a foe who is suffering a condition, you gain 16 Energy.410CoreRanger. Beast Mastery 16Comfort AnimalSkillYou heal your animal companion for 110 Health. If your companion is dead, it is resurrected with 61% Health. If you have Comfort Animal equipped, your animal companion will travel with you.411CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.NightfallParagon. Command 9"Stand Your Ground!"ShoutFor 14 seconds, all party members within earshot receive +24 armor when not moving.1020PropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery 16Edge of ExtinctionNature RitualCreate a level 11 Spirit with 220 Health and 68 armor. If a non-Spirit creature within range dies, Edge of Extinction deals 52 damage to all creatures of the same type that are below 90% Health and within range of the Spirit. This Spirit dies after 158 seconds.4560CoreRanger. Wilderness Survival 10Quickening ZephyrNature RitualCreate a level 7 Spirit with 140 Health and 44 armor. For non-Spirit creatures within its range, all skills recharge twice as fast and cost 30% more of the base Energy to cast. This Spirit dies after 35 seconds.22560
- Weapons: Defensive set.
- Armour: Full Survivor or Beastmaster's insignias, Runes of Vitae and a Superior Vigor rune.
FactionsRitualist. Channeling Magic 16Signet of SpiritsElite SignetCreate three level 13 spirits. These spirits deal 21 damage with attacks. These spirits die after 60 seconds.130CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.FactionsRitualist. Channeling Magic 16Ancestors' RageSkillFor 1 second, nothing happens. When this skill ends, all foes adjacent to target ally are struck for 117 lightning damage.5¼10FactionsRitualist. Channeling Magic 16Spirit SiphonSpellTarget Spirit loses all Energy. You gain 52% of that Energy.5¼3FactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 11Mend Body and SoulSpellTarget ally is healed for 90 Health. That ally loses one Condition for each spirit within earshot.5¾3FactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 11Spirit LightSpellTarget ally is healed for 148. If any Spirits are within earshot, you don't sacrifice Health.17%514FactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 11Protective Was KaolaiItem SpellHold Kaolai's ashes for up to 48 seconds. While you hold his ashes, you gain 10 armor. When you drop his ashes, all party members are healed for 65 Health10125CoreRanger. Wilderness Survival 8Quickening ZephyrNature RitualCreate a level 6 Spirit with 120 Health and 38 armor. For non-Spirit creatures within its range, all skills recharge twice as fast and cost 30% more of the base Energy to cast. This Spirit dies after 31 seconds.25560
- Disable QZ until after applying bonds.
Healing Burst Healer
Your allies are healed for 42 Health whenever you cast Monk spells on them.
FactionsMonk. Healing Prayers 16Healing BurstElite SpellTarget ally is healed for 170 (+42). All party members in earshot of your target gain Health equal to the Divine Favor bonus from this spell. Your Smiting Prayers are disabled for 20 seconds.5¾4PropheciesMonk. Healing Prayers 16Dwayna's KissSpellHeal target other ally for 63 (+42) Health and an additional 37 Health for each Enchantment or Hex on that ally.513FactionsMonk. Healing Prayers 16Signet of RejuvenationSignetHeal target ally for 79. If target ally is casting a spell or attacking, that ally is healed for an additional 79 Health.18EotNMonk. Healing Prayers 16Cure HexSpellRemove one Hex from target ally. If a Hex was removed, that ally is healed for 126 Health.
Target ally gets healed for 42 Health.5112CoreMonk. Healing Prayers 18MendingEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target ally gains +5 Health regeneration.
Target ally gets healed for 42 Health.-1102PropheciesMonk. UnlinkedSuccorEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target other ally gains +1 Health and +1 Energy regeneration, but you lose 1 Energy each time that ally casts a Spell.
Target ally gets healed for 42 Health.-15110PropheciesMonk. Smiting Prayers Balthazar's SpiritEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target ally gains adrenaline and Energy after taking damage. (The amount of adrenaline gained increases depending on your rank in Smiting Prayers.)
Target ally gets healed for 42 Health.-1102CoreMonk. Divine Favor 13Blessed SignetSignetFor each Enchantment you are maintaining, you gain 3 Energy. You cannot gain more than 21 energy in this way.210
- Weapons: 40/40 Healing Prayers set or defensive set. Optional though recommended Healing Prayers +1/20% offhand for casting Mending.
- Armour: Full Survivor insignias, Runes of Vitae and a Superior Vigor rune.
Your allies are healed for 42 Health whenever you cast Monk spells on them.
PropheciesMonk. Protection Prayers 16Life BarrierElite Enchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, damage dealt to target other ally is reduced by 52%. If your Health is below 50% when that ally takes damage, Life Barrier ends.
Target ally gets healed for 42 Health.-11525CoreMonk. Protection Prayers 16Life BondEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, whenever target other ally takes damage from an attack, half the damage is redirected to you. The damage you receive this way is reduced by 32.
Target ally gets healed for 42 Health.-1102PropheciesMonk. UnlinkedEssence BondEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, whenever target ally takes physical or elemental damage, you gain 1 Energy.
Target ally gets healed for 42 Health.-1102PropheciesMonk. Protection Prayers 18Protective BondEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target ally cannot lose more than 5% max Health due to damage from a single attack or Spell. When Protective Bond prevents damage, you lose 2 Energy or the Spell ends.
Target ally gets healed for 42 Health.-1102EotNMonk. Protection Prayers 18Purifying VeilEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, Conditions expire 59% faster on target ally. When this Enchantment ends, one Condition is removed from that ally.
Target ally gets healed for 42 Health.-1516NightfallMonk. Protection Prayers 16Shield of AbsorptionEnchantment SpellFor 7 seconds, damage received by target ally is reduced by 5 each time that ally is hit while under the effects of this Enchantment.
Target ally gets healed for 42 Health.5110CoreMonk. Protection Prayers 16Protective SpiritEnchantment SpellFor 24 seconds, target ally cannot lose more than 10% max Health due to damage from a single attack or Spell.
Target ally gets healed for 42 Health.10¼5CoreMonk. Divine Favor 13Blessed SignetSignetFor each Enchantment you are maintaining, you gain 3 Energy. You cannot gain more than 21 energy in this way.210
- Weapons: 40/20/20% Protection Prayers set or defensive set. Protection Prayers +1/20% offhand for casting Protective Bond and Purifying Veil.
- Armour: Full Survivor insignias, Runes of Vitae and a Superior Vigor rune.
- Disable Life Barrier, Life Bond, Essence Bond, Protective Bond and Purifying Veil.
- Must have the +1 attribute bonus of the Grail of Might and the +1 from the offhand to reach 18 Protection Prayers.
- Enter the Gate of Madness mission.
- Fight through the mission until the 5 portals.
- Close 4 portals, leaving the Titan spawning portal untouched (north east portal).
- Ensure that nothing is left that could interfere with the AFK session.
- Equip the +1/20% offhands, the Protection Prayers one is essential.
- Cast Succor on the Bonder (helps with the energy cost of applying bonds).
- Have the Bonder Hero cast Protective Bond on you.
- If the icon in your effects monitor does not show a loss of 2 energy per prevention, cancel and recast it.
- Cast Purifying Veil until it reduces conditions by 59% (56% -> 59% reduces burning to 2 seconds instead of 3 seconds).
- Do the same for Mending if you intend to have +5 health regen from it (recommended).
- Cast your Protective Bond on yourself.
- Proceed to cast Essence Bond -> Life Barrier -> Life Bond -> Succor -> Watchful Spirit -> Balthazar's Spirit on yourself.
- Cast Balthazar's Spirit on your Bonder.
- Enchant the 2 Keystone Mesmers with Life Barrier/Purifying Veil/Mending and Watchful if your energy regen can manage it.
- Life Barrier/Mending the ES Resto Mesmer (it is very unlikely that it'll be attacked, being safe).
If you haven't already, equip your 105 health armour set.
- Flag heroes to the locations shown in the images, vegetation/shadows are good references.
- Enable EoE and the QZ's.
- Find where you are to stand, remember the place (halfway between the wall and the grass you can see in the picture).
- Aggro the patrolling Titan Abomination when they are closest to you.
- Run back the the AFK spot, you may need slight adjustments at first.
- Turn your character to face the main party flag (might be coincidence, but less foes ran past when looking that way).
- Use a Scroll of Berserker's Insight.
- A Grail of Might is required to meet the Protective Bond break point.
- You can change Razah's profession to Mesmer in the Isle of the Nameless.
- Bring a handful of Berserker's Insight scrolls, in case one wears off.
- Equip your Lightbringer title for is damage bonuses. A rank of 5 requires minimal effort to attain, complete Nightfall and turn in the completed Night Falls book to Source of Whispers [Lightbringer Scrivener] in Chantry of Secrets.
- Do not reapply the Lightbringer title after applying bonds. Your Bonder will slowly lose all energy.
- Your health in the 105 set should be 143 with 8% morale (+25 for Dervishes). Higher health while the Grail of Might is up is not an issue, lower health may have issues with prolonged degen.
- While it's unlikely for the Mesmers to wipe, should they, the bonds ought to keep you alive until you return. Break aggro, res and re-bond heroes.
- A typical run includes ~15 minutes of (in mission) preparation and ~4.5 hours of AFK.
- Sheco a weaponsmith in Factions offers +1/20% attribute offhands for 5k + materials.
- Consider replacing the superior runes on both monks for superior Divine Favor runes, for additional energy gain (after applying bonds).
- Consider using full Lieutenant's Insignias as a Warrior on your 105 set, the reduced armour rating might be beneficial.
- You will gain an average of 4868xp per min
|Entire run (15x prep / 480x AFK speeds)
|Typical Titan wave behaviour (1x speed)|