The PvXwiki community finds this to be a good build.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 3.75 to < 4.75 and thus qualifies for the lower category of working builds: Good.
This build has been designed for the following use:
|This build is significantly affected by the Flux: Chain Combo. |
See the build's talk page for discussion and ramifications not noted here.
This hammer build uses Forceful Blow to get past blocking stances.
A common variant to Devhammer when stance removal is desirable.
Attributes and Skills
Your attack skills gain 13% armor penetration.
FactionsWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Forceful BlowElite Hammer AttackUnblockable. If Forceful Blow hits, target foe's stance ends, you strike for +29 damage, and your target foe is Weakened for 19 seconds.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.5CoreWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Hammer BashHammer AttackLose all adrenaline. If Hammer Bash hits, your target is knocked down.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.6PropheciesWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Crushing BlowHammer AttackIf this attack hits, you strike for +19 damage. If you hit a knocked-down foe you inflict a Deep Wound, lowering your target's maximum Health by 20% for 19 seconds.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.510CoreWarrior. Strength 13Bull's StrikeMelee AttackIf this attack hits a moving foe, you strike for +27 damage, and your target is knocked down.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.510NightfallWarrior. Strength 13FlailStanceFor 13 seconds, you attack 33% faster but move 33% slower.4NightfallWarrior. Strength 13Enraging ChargeStanceFor 14 seconds, you move 25% faster. Enraging Charge ends when you successfully strike a target, at which point you gain 3 strikes of adrenaline if you hit with a melee attack.520FactionsAssassin. Deadly Arts 3Iron PalmSkillTarget touched foe suffers 14 damage, and if that foe is suffering from a Hex or Condition that foe is knocked down. Iron Palm counts as a lead attack.5¾20CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedResurrection SignetSignetResurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. This Signet only recharges when you gain a morale boost.3
- Heavy BlowCoreWarrior. Hammer Mastery 13Heavy BlowHammer AttackLose all adrenaline. If this attack hits a foe suffering from Weakness, that foe is knocked down and you strike for +26 damage.5 over Hammer BashCoreWarrior. Hammer Mastery 13Hammer BashHammer AttackLose all adrenaline. If Hammer Bash hits, your target is knocked down.6 for higher damage but a less flexible chain.
- ShockPropheciesElementalist. Air Magic 3ShockSkillTarget touched foe is knocked down and struck for 20 lightning damage. This skill has 25% armor penetration.105¾10 for a less conditional knockdown than Iron Palm. Beware of exhaustion.
- DashFactionsAssassin. UnlinkedDashStanceFor 3 seconds, you run 50% faster.58 over Enraging ChargeNightfallWarrior. Strength 14Enraging ChargeStanceFor 14 seconds, you move 25% faster. Enraging Charge ends when you successfully strike a target, at which point you gain 3 strikes of adrenaline if you hit with a melee attack.520 .
- Death's ChargeFactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts Death's ChargeSpellShadow Step to target foe. If that foe has more Health than you, you are healed for 65..173..209.5¼30 over Resurrection SignetCoreNo Profession. UnlinkedResurrection SignetSignetResurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. This Signet only recharges when you gain a morale boost.3 .
- 4x Sentinel's Insignia
- Stonefist Insignia
- Superior Vigor
- Minor Weapon
- Restoration(if preferred)
- Minor Strength
- Elemental Hammer of Defense/Fortitude, 15^50
- Vampiric Hammer of Defense/Fortitude, 15^50
- Furious Spear of Fortitude, +5 energy
- Furious or Zealous Axe/Sword of Defense, +5 energy
- Strength Shield of Fortitude, -20% blind
- Strength Shield of Fortitude, -20% cripple
- Strength Shields of Fortitude, +10 armor vs each damage type
- Upon entering battle, begin building adrenaline. When you and any other warriors on your team have adrenaline, organize a spike on a suitable target.
- Try to spike down low health targets.
- Knock your target down.
- Use Forceful Blow to remove stances, backline.
- Use Bull's Strike on moving targets that lack the ability to block.
- Use Flail to build adrenaline faster and to speed up your spikes.
- Use Crushing Blow for an extremely powerful attack on targets you've knocked down.
- Use Hammer Bash to knock your foes down again using standard quarterknocking procedures.
- Use Enraging Charge to gain adrenaline and catch up to targets.
- Use your Elemental weapon to bypass enemy warriors' resistance to physical damage.
- Of course, use Resurrection Signet to resurrect dead party members.
- Melee shutdown
- Anti-knockdown skills
- Blackout disables your skills and causes loss of all adrenaline.