Build:W/Me Hundred Blades UW Farmer
This build is provisionally vetted good pending more votes.
This build has received a provisional rating in the range from 3.75 to < 4.75 and thus qualifies for the lower category of working builds: Good.
This build has been designed for the following use:
The Hundred Blades Warrior uses the powerful AoE combo Hundred Blades and Whirlwind Attack to farm Smite Crawlers in the Underworld. Sympathetic Visage prevents Grasping Darknesses from interrupting you and Smite Crawlers from using Reversal of Fortune and Shield of Judgment. Physical Resistance allows you to tank damage effectively. The run can be as fast as 5-6 minutes with experience.
Attributes and Skills
Your attack skills gain 13% armor penetration.
PropheciesWarrior. Tactics 2Bonetti's DefenseStanceFor 6 seconds, you have a 75% chance to block melee and projectile attacks. You gain 5 Energy for each successful melee attack blocked. Bonetti's Defense ends if you use a skill.8PropheciesMesmer. Illusion Magic 9Sympathetic VisageEnchantment SpellFor 8 seconds, whenever target ally is hit by a melee attack, all adjacent foes lose all adrenaline and 3 Energy.10120PropheciesMesmer. Inspiration Magic 4Physical ResistanceStanceFor 46 seconds, You gain +40 armor against physical damage, but you lose 21 armor against elemental damage.1020CoreWarrior. Unlinked"For Great Justice!"ShoutFor 20 seconds, whenever you gain adrenaline, you gain 100% more.545CoreWarrior. Swordsmanship 13Hundred BladesElite SkillFor 15 seconds, whenever you attack with a sword, all adjacent foes take 23 slashing damage.525NightfallWarrior. Sunspear rank Whirlwind AttackMelee AttackAttack target and adjacent foes. Each attack that hits deals +13..20 damage.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.
PvE only.61NightfallWarrior. Strength 13Lion's ComfortSkillAll of your signets are disabled for 12 seconds. You are healed for 102 Health, and gain 3 strike[s] of adrenaline.411CoreWarrior. Strength 13SprintStanceFor 13 seconds, you move 25% faster.515
- Switch SprintCoreWarrior. Strength SprintStanceFor 8..13..14 seconds, you move 25% faster.515 for Enraging ChargeNightfallWarrior. Strength Enraging ChargeStanceFor 5..13..16 seconds, you move 25% faster. Enraging Charge ends when you successfully strike a target, at which point you gain 0..2..3 strikes of adrenaline if you hit with a melee attack.520 .
- Ancestor's VisageFactionsMesmer. Illusion Magic Ancestor's VisageEnchantment SpellFor 4..9..10 seconds, whenever target ally is hit by a melee attack, all adjacent foes lose all adrenaline and 3 Energy.10120 instead of Sympathetic VisagePropheciesMesmer. Illusion Magic Sympathetic VisageEnchantment SpellFor 4..9..10 seconds, whenever target ally is hit by a melee attack, all adjacent foes lose all adrenaline and 3 Energy.10120 .
- If using heroes to clear the chamber, replace SprintCoreWarrior. Strength SprintStanceFor 8..13..14 seconds, you move 25% faster.515 with Illusion of PainFactionsMesmer. Illusion Magic Illusion of PainHex SpellFor 8 seconds, target foe has -3..9..10 Health degeneration and takes 3..9..10 damage each second. When Illusion of Pain ends, that foe is healed for 36..103..126.1025 .
- Repeated casts will allow you to kill the Skeletons of Dhuum in a 1v1 situation. Switch to a high energy set before engaging and use the terrain to your advantage.
- Full Knight's Insignias.
- Rune of Superior Absorption.
- Sword of Enchanting with "I have the power!" insc. (energy +5). Used to extend your enchantment and give +5 energy so you only need to wait for 5 energy to regen, instead of 10, after using Physical Resistance at the Smites.
- Zealous Sword of Defense/Shelter with Dance with Death insc. (15% stance).
- Furious Scythe for building adrenaline.
- Strength Shield of Fortitude (-2 damage while in Stance). Victo's Bulwark, Strongroot's Shelter and Destructive Shield can all be used. If hard to get these Shields, you can also get gw:Bronze Shield from Sheco in Bukdek Byway. It has +45 HP while in a stance.
- Longbow/Flatbow of Fortitude for pulling Smites.
- Take the Clear the Chamber quest from the Lost Soul.
- Use Sprint and pull 1-2 groups of Grasping Darkness at a time to the center shrine. Any other enemies should break aggro.
- Auto-attack to build up adrenaline with your scythe or simply auto-attack with your sword.
- Once charged, use Bonetti's Defense followed by Visage, Physical Resistance, Hundred Blades and "For Great Justice!". If you're interrupted when casting the Visage, just use Physical Resistance, re-build up adrenaline and start again.
- Use Whirlwind Attack followed by Lion's Comfort. Using one will recharge the other thanks to "For Great Justice!", so you can alternate between spamming the two.
- Once you have completed the quest, run along the right side to the open gate, being sure to break aggro with the three or four nearby Aatxes.
- During the 2 seconds when Sprint is recasting, you can use Bonetti to protect yourself if any Aatxes get too close.
- Ball 2-3 groups of Smite Crawlers at a time.
- Use the same techniques used above on the Grasping Darkness.
- If a Smite Crawler casts Shield of Judgment, break aggro with Sprint, wait for "For Great Justice!" to recharge, and go again.
- Try to pull as many Smites as possible, as you can kill 6 or you can kill 50 in the same amount of time. Watch out for Coldfires and Skeletons of Dhuum as they can kill you.
- If a Dying Nightmare pops up, kill it so it doesn't strip Sympathetic Visage.
- You can easily break aggro with any Skeletons of Dhuum using Sprint. Try to avoid Bone Spike by strafing.
A map that shows the patrol routes of Coldfire Nights and Skeletons of Dhuum:
- Aggroing Coldfires.
- Getting stuck and aggroing Skeletons of Dhuum or Aatxes.
- Rubberbanding in narrow passages.
- Be patient and take your time to avoid patrols.