This build is in the testing phase.
This build has been designed for the following use:
|This build is significantly affected by the Flux: All In. |
See the build's talk page for discussion and ramifications not noted here.
This is a PvP-oriented Warrior/Ranger build designed to pressure opponents with repeated knockdowns in Random Arenas. It features Strength or Unlinked skills to gain the benefit of the November Flux, All in.
Attributes and Skills
Your attack skills gain 15% armor penetration.
PropheciesWarrior. Strength 15Bull's ChargeElite StanceFor 11 seconds, you move 33% faster and if you strike a moving foe in melee, that foe is knocked down. Bull's Charge ends if you use a skill.520FactionsWarrior. Unlinked"On Your Knees!"ShoutLose all adrenaline. If any adjacent foes are knocked down, all of your Stances are recharged.6EotNWarrior. UnlinkedGrappleSkillYou lose your current stance. You and target touched foe are knocked down.5¾12CoreWarrior. Strength 15Bull's StrikeMelee AttackIf this attack hits a moving foe, you strike for +30 damage, and your target is knocked down.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.510EotNWarrior. Strength 15Body BlowMelee AttackIf this attack hits, target foe takes +40 damage. If target foe has Cracked Armor, that foe suffers from a Deep Wound for 15 seconds.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.7PropheciesWarrior. Strength 15Griffon's SweepMelee AttackIf this attack hits, you strike for +20 damage. If this attack is blocked, your target is knocked down and suffers 34 damage.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.58CoreRanger. UnlinkedAntidote SignetSignetCleanse yourself of Poison, Disease, and Blindness, and one additional condition.14CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedResurrection SignetSignetResurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. This Signet only recharges when you gain a morale boost.3
- Body Blow and Griffon's Sweep may be switched out for other skills based on play style. Some options include:
- Protector's StrikePropheciesWarrior. Strength Protector's StrikeMelee AttackIf this attack strikes a moving foe, you strike for 10..34..42 more damage.5½3
- Shield BashCoreWarrior. Strength Shield BashSkillFor 5..10..11 seconds, while wielding a shield, the next attack skill used against you is blocked. If it was a melee skill, your attacker is knocked down and that skill is disabled for an additional 15 seconds.520 - spec (specialize) into Axe Mastery or Swordsmanship
- DisarmEotNWarrior. Strength DisarmSword AttackInterrupt target foe's action. If that action was an attack, all of that foe's attack Skills are disabled for 0..2..3 seconds.5½20
- Power AttackCoreWarrior. Strength Power AttackMelee AttackIf this attack hits, you strike for +10..34..42 damage.53
- Endure PainCoreWarrior. Strength Endure PainSkillFor 7..16..19 seconds you have an additional 90..258..314 Health.530
- Distracting BlowCoreWarrior. UnlinkedDistracting BlowMelee AttackSwipe your weapon at the target, dealing no damage but disrupting the target's current action (and the actions of foes adjacent to your target).5½10
- Wild BlowCoreWarrior. UnlinkedWild BlowMelee AttackLose all adrenaline. If it hits, this attack will result in a critical hit and any Stance being used by your target ends. This attack cannot be blocked.58
- Vampiric Hammer of Defense, 15^50 (15% damage while above 50% health)
- Zealous Hammer of defense, 15^50
- Ebon Hammer of defense, 15^50
- Defensive sets:
- Spear of defense, +5 energy
- Strength shields of Fortitude, +10 armor vs. each damage type. Consider purchasing different Basic shield skins from Tolkano so you can quickly choose the appropriate shield before the beginning of a match. For example, if you see an opposing Elementalist use Fire Attunement, you could purchase a Vabbian Bastion skin for your +10 armor vs. Fire shield, which is orange and red with flame patterns. See: PvP reward.
- Longbow - placed in inventory; used infrequently when there is a standstill (less important for this build)
- Use Bull's Charge and train opponents as they try to kite away.
- When Bull's Charge is about to end, use "On Your Knees!" to recharge it. Warning: On Your Knees will only work if the target is adjacent and knocked down. Sometimes, kiting foes will not be adjacent. Use Grapple right after an opponent starts to use a skill to ensure he or she is knocked down and adjacent to you.
- Use Bull's Strike, Body Blow, and Griffon's Sweep as backups in case you're unable to recharge Bull's Charge successfully.
- Ineptitude Mesmers with Clumsiness, Wandering Eye, etc.
- Snare hexes
- Multiple blocking stances
Major Runes are used due to the +3 health regeneration and +100 health offered by the Flux. Minor runes may be used if players desire more survivability.