Build:W/any PvE Earth Shaker
The PvXwiki community finds this to be a great build.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
This build allows to knock down groups of foes while dealing medium amounts of damage.
Attributes and Skills
Your attack skills gain 13% armor penetration.
PropheciesWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Earth ShakerElite Hammer AttackTarget foe and all adjacent foes are knocked down. (50% failure chance with Hammer Mastery 4 or less.)
This attack skill has % armor penetration.8CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.NightfallWarrior. Sunspear rank Whirlwind AttackMelee AttackAttack target and adjacent foes. Each attack that hits deals +13..20 damage.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.
PvE only.61PropheciesWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Crude SwingHammer AttackAttack all adjacent foes. Each foe you hit is struck for +19 damage.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.55NightfallWarrior. Strength 13FlailStanceFor 13 seconds, you attack 33% faster but move 33% slower.4NightfallWarrior. Strength 13Enraging ChargeStanceFor 14 seconds, you move 25% faster. Enraging Charge ends when you successfully strike a target, at which point you gain 3 strikes of adrenaline if you hit with a melee attack.520CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreWarrior. Unlinked"For Great Justice!"ShoutFor 20 seconds, whenever you gain adrenaline, you gain 100% more.545
- "I Am Unstoppable!"EotNNo Profession. Norn rank "I Am Unstoppable!"ShoutFor 16..20 seconds, you have +24 armor and cannot be knocked down or Crippled.
PvE only.530 for additional defense.
- Asuran ScanEotNNo Profession. Asura rank Asuran ScanHex SpellFor 9..12 seconds your attacks cannot miss target foe. Killing a foe hexed with Asuran scan removes 5% death penalty.
PvE only.55 to bypass blocking and missing effects.
- Renewing SmashFactionsWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Renewing SmashHammer AttackIf Renewing Smash hits, it deals +38 damage. If you hit a knocked-down foe, you gain 3 Energy and this attack recharges instantly. 5130 for good single target damage and faster adrenaline building.
- Auspicious BlowFactionsWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Auspicious BlowHammer AttackDeals +19 damage and you gain 8 Energy. Unblockable if target foe is Weakened.5 more energy (particularly for Asuran Scan).
- Death's ChargeFactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 3Death's ChargeSpellShadow Step to target foe. If that foe has more Health than you, you are healed for 92.5¼30 for a shadow step to balled foes.
- Pulverizing SmashEotNWarrior. Hammer Mastery Pulverizing SmashHammer AttackIf you hit a knocked-down foe, that foe suffers from Weakness and a Deep Wound for 5..17..21 seconds.4 to inflict deep wound.
- "Save Yourselves!"FactionsWarrior. Kurzick rank "Save Yourselves!" (Kurzick)ShoutFor 4..6 seconds, all other party members gain 100 armor.
PvE only.8 for an emergency party prot if the knockdown chain is disrupted.
- Drop Strength for Tactics and take "To the Limit!"PropheciesWarrior. Tactics 13"To the Limit!"ShoutFor each foe within earshot (maximum 5), you gain one strike of adrenaline. For 19 seconds, your maximum Health is increased by 53.515 and FrenzyCoreWarrior. UnlinkedFrenzyStanceFor 8 seconds, you attack 33% faster but take double damage.54 or Drunken MasterEotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank Drunken MasterStanceFor 72..90 seconds, your movement and attack speeds are increased by 10..15%. If you are drunk while activating this Skill, your movement and attack speeds are increased by 25..33% instead.
PvE only.560 over Flail and Enraging Charge, and bring Auspicious BlowFactionsWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Auspicious BlowHammer AttackDeals +19 damage and you gain 8 Energy. Unblockable if target foe is Weakened.5 in an optional slot.
- Stonefist insignia on a small armor piece.
- Full sentry's or sentinel insignia for the remaining armor pieces.
- Rune of superior vigor.
- Rune of superior absorption.
- Rune of clarity
- Vampiric "Strength and Honour" hammer of fortitude.
- Zealous "Strength and Honour" hammer of fortitude.
- Insightful "Hale and Hearty" staff of enchanting or defense.
- Furious spear of defense with an "I Can See Clearly Now!" strength shield of fortitude.
- Use your Hammer for attacking.
- Use your staff when you need to cast a non-attack skill but don't have the energy for it.
- Switch to your shield set when you can't reach a foe to still gain adrenaline, when you're about to die or when you're idle.
- Create and attack balls of foes to make the best use of Earth Shaker, Crude Swing and Whirlwind Attack
- Enter combat with Enraging Charge and Crude Swing to fuel Flail (and potentially Earth Shaker) immediately.
- Use "For Great Justice!" when adjacent group sizes are small to be able to still build adrenaline in time to maintain knocklock.
- Use "I Am Unstoppable!" when you want to move but are crippled, when you expect to be knocked down soon or when you get hit by armor dependant damage. Don't use it for no particular reason before combat or at start of the combat.
- Use Asuran Scan to bypass effects which would make you miss an attack.
- Knock foes down with Earth Shaker. Immediately start using Renewing Smash (if you brought it); you can use it four times each knockdown.
- This will charge Earth Shaker completely under the influence of "For Great Justice!".
- Use Crude Swing and Whirlwind Attack when multiple foes are standing adjacent to you to deal AoE damage and continue to fuel Earth Shaker.
- Standard anti-warrior such as adrenaline denial and blind.
- Interrupts on Renewing Smash.