This build is provisionally vetted great pending more votes.
This build has received a provisional rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
|This build is significantly affected by the Flux: Chain Combo. |
See the build's talk page for discussion and ramifications not noted here.
A Hammer Warrior with the ability to knockdown multiple foes if they are standing close together.
Preferred in balanced HA play.
Attributes and Skills
Your attack skills gain 13% armor penetration.
PropheciesWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Earth ShakerElite Hammer AttackTarget foe and all adjacent foes are knocked down. (50% failure chance with Hammer Mastery 4 or less.)
This attack skill has % armor penetration.8PropheciesWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Crushing BlowHammer AttackIf this attack hits, you strike for +19 damage. If you hit a knocked-down foe you inflict a Deep Wound, lowering your target's maximum Health by 20% for 19 seconds.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.510CoreWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Hammer BashHammer AttackLose all adrenaline. If Hammer Bash hits, your target is knocked down.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.6 CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreWarrior. Strength 13Bull's StrikeMelee AttackIf this attack hits a moving foe, you strike for +27 damage, and your target is knocked down.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.510NightfallWarrior. Strength 13FlailStanceFor 13 seconds, you attack 33% faster but move 33% slower.4NightfallWarrior. Strength 13Enraging ChargeStanceFor 14 seconds, you move 25% faster. Enraging Charge ends when you successfully strike a target, at which point you gain 3 strikes of adrenaline if you hit with a melee attack.520CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedResurrection SignetSignetResurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. This Signet only recharges when you gain a morale boost.3
- Protector's StrikePropheciesWarrior. Strength 13Protector's StrikeMelee AttackIf this attack strikes a moving foe, you strike for 36 more damage.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.5½3 : for fast, spammable damage.
- Mokele SmashNightfallWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Mokele SmashHammer AttackIf this attack hits, you strike for +19 damage and gain 3 strikes of adrenaline.512 : for additional adrenaline gain and damage.
- Grasping EarthPropheciesElementalist. Earth Magic 8Grasping EarthHex SpellFor 12 seconds, all nearby foes move 50% slower.10¾12 : especially great for hex builds (go with a spec of 14 hammer, 11 strength, 8 earth).
- Song of ConcentrationNightfallParagon. UnlinkedSong of ConcentrationChantFor 10 seconds, the next Skill used by each ally within earshot cannot be interrupted.825 : Most common optional in HA.
- Death Pact SignetNightfallRitualist. Restoration Magic 3Death Pact SignetSignetResurrect target party member with your current Health and 32% Energy. The next time that ally dies within 120 seconds, so do you.312 over Resurrection SignetCoreNo Profession. UnlinkedResurrection SignetSignetResurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. This Signet only recharges when you gain a morale boost.3 : for a hard res.
- Belly SmashPropheciesWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Belly SmashHammer AttackIf this attack strikes a foe who is on the ground, the resulting dust cloud will blind adjacent foes for 7 seconds.5110 / Yeti SmashFactionsWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Yeti SmashHammer AttackLose all adrenaline. Attack all adjacent foes. If this attack strikes a foe suffering from a condition, that foe is knocked down. (50% failure chance with Hammer Mastery 4 or less.)6 : for two AoE KDs.
- Survivor insignias and 1 Stonefist insignia on boot or hand.
- Sundering or Vampiric Hammer, Elemental, and Furious Hammers. Fortitude or Defense mod on either.
- A defensive set with spear + shield. Spear should have +30 health and a furious mod (you'll often want to be in this set to build adren). Keep an assortment of shields in your inventory (all the damage types, cripple reduction, blind reduction)
- Keep a longbow in your inventory to build adrenaline from afar
- Superior Vigor, Clarity, and Restoration runes.
- Upon entering battle, begin building adrenaline. When you and any other warriors on your team have adrenaline, organize a spike on a suitable target.
- Try to spike down low health targets.
- Use Bull's Strike to knock people down and set up spikes.
- Use Crushing Blow for an extremely powerful attack on targets you've knocked down.
- Use Flail to build adrenaline faster and to speed up your spikes.
- Use Enraging Charge to gain adrenaline and catch up to targets.
- After knocking someone down with Earth Shaker, it is often useful to 1/4 knock them with Hammer Bash. To do this, you use Flail after Earth Shaker, hit once with a Hammer attack, and then pause for half a second before using Hammer Bash. If done correctly, the target will be knocked down again directly after standing up and not even be able to cast a 1/4 second activation skill.
- Use your Elemental weapon to bypass enemy warriors' resistance to physical damage.
- Of course, use Resurrection Signet to resurrect dead party members.