Build:W/any Seven Weapons Stance
This build is provisionally vetted great pending more votes.
This build has received a provisional rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Damage build using the new anniversary elite skill Seven Weapons Stance for a combination of hammer and scythe mastery.
Attributes and Skills
Your attack skills gain 16% armor penetration.
CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.PropheciesWarrior. Hammer Mastery 20Crude SwingHammer AttackAttack all adjacent foes. Each foe you hit is struck for +26 damage.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.55FactionsWarrior. Hammer Mastery 20Auspicious BlowHammer AttackDeals +25 damage and you gain 10 Energy. Unblockable if target foe is Weakened.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.5CoreWarrior. Strength 16Power AttackMelee AttackIf this attack hits, you strike for +42 damage.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.53PropheciesWarrior. Strength 16Protector's StrikeMelee AttackIf this attack strikes a moving foe, you strike for 42 more damage.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.5½3CoreWarrior. Strength 16Seven Weapons StanceElite StanceFor 21 seconds, your weapon attributes are increased by +16 and you attack 33% faster.
PvE only.520EotNNo Profession. Asura rank Asuran ScanHex SpellFor 9..12 seconds your attacks cannot miss target foe. Killing a foe hexed with Asuran scan removes 5% death penalty.
PvE only.55EotNNo Profession. Norn rank "I Am Unstoppable!"ShoutFor 16..20 seconds, you have +24 armor and cannot be knocked down or Crippled.
Variable skill slot
- "Fear Me!"PropheciesWarrior. Tactics 12"Fear Me!"ShoutAll nearby foes lose 3 Energy. For 12 seconds, your melee attacks gain +25% chance of a critical hit against stationary foes.46 – 11+1 tactics, 4 scythe mastery. Increase your critical hit chance. Critical hits use your weapon's maximum hit damage * 1.41 for hammers and * 1.1 for scythes, resulting in large damage due to 16 to 20 points in your weapon attributes.
- Yeti SmashFactionsWarrior. Hammer Mastery 20Yeti SmashHammer AttackLose all adrenaline. Attack all adjacent foes. If this attack strikes a foe suffering from a condition, that foe is knocked down. (50% failure chance with Hammer Mastery 4 or less.)6 – 4 scythe mastery. Additional area attack with knock down potential. Use like crude swingPropheciesWarrior. Hammer Mastery 20Crude SwingHammer AttackAttack all adjacent foes. Each foe you hit is struck for +26 damage.55 but only right after Auspicious BlowFactionsWarrior. Hammer Mastery 20Auspicious BlowHammer AttackDeals +25 damage and you gain 10 Energy. Unblockable if target foe is Weakened.5.
- Balthazar's SpiritPropheciesMonk. Smiting Prayers 12Balthazar's SpiritEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target ally gains adrenaline and Energy after taking damage. (The amount of adrenaline gained increases depending on your rank in Smiting Prayers.)-1102 – 12 smiting prayers. Maintain on self as a cover for strength of honorCoreMonk. Smiting Prayers Strength of HonorEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target ally deals 5..21..26 more damage in melee.-110215 and a source for additional energy and adrenaline. Do not forget to spend attribute points in this as it enhances the adrenaline gain.
- Demonic FleshCoreNecromancer. Blood Magic 12Demonic FleshEnchantment SpellFor 54 seconds, whenever you use a skill that targets a foe, you deal 17 shadow damage to all other foes adjacent to you.5130 – 12 blood magic. Maintain for increased area damage output.
- Arcane ConundrumCoreMesmer. Illusion Magic 12Arcane ConundrumHex SpellFor 13 seconds, Spells cast by target foe and all adjacent foes take twice as long to cast. When this hex ends, you gain 6 Energy.10220 – 12 illusion magic. Opener for teams without illusion mesmers. Improves the performance of standard domination magic builds. Use on balling casters.
- Conjure FlameCoreElementalist. Fire Magic 12Conjure FlameEnchantment SpellFor 60 seconds, if you're wielding a fire weapon, your attacks strike for an additional 17 fire damage.10145 – 12 fire magic. Use in conjunction with a fiery weapon against foes with low armour ratings against fire damage. Likewise, you can use conjure frostCoreElementalist. Water Magic 12Conjure FrostEnchantment SpellFor 60 seconds, if you're wielding a cold weapon, your attacks strike for an additional 17 cold damage.10145 or conjure lightningCoreElementalist. Air Magic 12Conjure LightningEnchantment SpellFor 60 seconds, if you're wielding a lightning weapon, your attacks strike for an additional 17 lightning damage.10145.
- Death's ChargeFactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 12Death's ChargeSpellShadow Step to target foe. If that foe has more Health than you, you are healed for 173.5¼30 – 12 shadow arts. Gap closer or panic heal, depending on the situation.
- Splinter WeaponFactionsRitualist. Channeling Magic 16Splinter WeaponWeapon SpellFor 20 seconds, target ally has a Splinter Weapon. Target ally's next 5 attacks deal 53 damage to up to 3 adjacent foes.515 – 12 channeling magic. Only use if supported by a Heroic RefrainCoreParagon. Leadership 20Heroic RefrainElite EchoFor 19 seconds, target non-spirit ally gains +4 to all attributes. This echo is reapplied every time a chant or shout ends on that ally.
PvE only.5110 paragon.
- Holy SpearEotNParagon. Spear Mastery 20Holy SpearSpear AttackIf this attack hits, you deal +25 damage. If it hits a summoned creature, all nearby foes take 115 holy damage, and are set on fire for 3 seconds.4 – 4 spear mastery. Use against summoned creatures for 158 armour ignoring area damage or 273 against undead.
- Reap ImpuritiesNightfallDervish. Scythe Mastery 20Reap ImpuritiesMelee AttackIf this attack hits, you deal +19 damage. Each foe you hit loses 1 condition. For each foe who loses a condition, all foes adjacent to that target foe take 50 holy damage.5 – 4 scythe mastery. Large armour ignoring area damage if foes suffered from conditions. Area damage is triggered around you, not the target.
- Radiant ScytheEotNDervish. Scythe Mastery 20Radiant ScytheScythe AttackThis attack strikes for +1 damage for each point of Energy you currently have, maximum 38 damage. You gain 9 Energy if this attack hits.6 – 4 scythe mastery. Improved energy gain, reduced need to switch weapon sets.
- Heart of Holy FlameNightfallDervish. Mysticism Heart of Holy FlameFlash Enchantment SpellAll adjacent foes take 5..25..32 holy damage. For 30 seconds, your attacks deal holy damage. When this Enchantment ends, all adjacent foes are set on fire for 2..4..5 seconds.1010 – 4 scythe mastery. Maintain against undead. Prepare before combat.
- Sand ShardsNightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 11Sand ShardsFlash Enchantment SpellFor 30 seconds, the next 4 times you hit with a scythe, all other adjacent foes take 47 earth damage.1010 – 4 scythe mastery, 11 earth prayers. Prepare before combat.
- "Save Yourselves!"FactionsWarrior. Kurzick rank "Save Yourselves!" (Kurzick)ShoutFor 4..6 seconds, all other party members gain 100 armor.
PvE only.8 over one of the non-elite PvE-only skills. Combines well with "For Great Justice!"CoreWarrior. Unlinked"For Great Justice!"ShoutFor 20 seconds, whenever you gain adrenaline, you gain 100% more.545.
- Whirlwind AttackNightfallWarrior. Sunspear rank Whirlwind AttackMelee AttackAttack target and adjacent foes. Each attack that hits deals +13..20 damage.
PvE only.61 over one of the non-elite PvE-only skills.
- Cyclone AxeCoreWarrior. Axe Mastery Cyclone AxeAxe AttackPerform a spinning axe attack striking for +4..10..13 damage to all adjacent opponents.54 over any attack skill. Use a zealous axe.
- Vampiric or zealous scythe of defense with "Strength and Honor".
- Vampiric or zealous hammer of defense with "Strength and Honor".
- Shield set with a Furious Anniversary Spear "Arbalest" of defense.
- Any flat or longbow.
- Any staff, preferably of enchanting. For times of low energy or build variants with enchantments. Replace the bow.
- 5 sentinel's insignias or blessed insignias or sentry's insignias.
- Rune of superior vigor.
- Rune of restoration.
- Rune of clarity.
Weapon set usage
- Use your hammer for single target damage dealing.
- Use the scythe when you can hit multiple targets with its cleave effect.
- Use the spear for ranged damage when you can't reach a target, are snared or lost your stance.
- Maintain Seven Weapons StanceCoreWarrior. Strength 16Seven Weapons StanceElite StanceFor 21 seconds, your weapon attributes are increased by +16 and you attack 33% faster.
- Increase your damage output with Power AttackCoreWarrior. Strength 16Power AttackMelee AttackIf this attack hits, you strike for +42 damage.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.53 and Protector's StrikePropheciesWarrior. Strength 16Protector's StrikeMelee AttackIf this attack strikes a moving foe, you strike for 42 more damage.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.5½3.
- Use Protector's Strike immediately after an attack of yours hit the foe. This will cancel the current attack's animation end, resulting in faster attacking.
- Position yourself between foes before using Crude SwingPropheciesWarrior. Hammer Mastery 20Crude SwingHammer AttackAttack all adjacent foes. Each foe you hit is struck for +26 damage.55 with your hammer.
- Maintain your energy with Auspicious BlowFactionsWarrior. Hammer Mastery 20Auspicious BlowHammer AttackDeals +25 damage and you gain 10 Energy. Unblockable if target foe is Weakened.5.
- Use "I Am Unstoppable!"EotNNo Profession. Norn rank "I Am Unstoppable!"ShoutFor 16..20 seconds, you have +24 armor and cannot be knocked down or Crippled.
PvE only.530 when you want to move but are crippled, when you expect to be knocked down soon or when you get hit by armor dependant damage. Don't use it for no particular reason before combat or at start of the combat.
- Use Asuran ScanEotNNo Profession. Asura rank Asuran ScanHex SpellFor 9..12 seconds your attacks cannot miss target foe. Killing a foe hexed with Asuran scan removes 5% death penalty.
PvE only.55 to bypass effects which would make you miss an attack.
- Stance removal.
- Standard anti-melee.
- Adrenaline denial.