This build is provisionally vetted good pending more votes.
This build has received a provisional rating in the range from 3.75 to < 4.75 and thus qualifies for the lower category of working builds: Good.
This build has been designed for the following use:
A durable frontliner that has a 100% uptime on IAS and block chance.
Attributes and Skills
|Variant: W/any Soldier's Stance Sword Hero|
Sword specific variables:
|Variant: W/any Soldier's Stance Axe Hero|
Axe specific variables:
|Variant: W/any Soldier's Stance Hammer Hero|
Hammer specific variables:
- "Watch Yourself!"CoreWarrior. Tactics 15"Watch Yourself!"ShoutParty members within earshot gain +25 armor for 10 seconds. This shout ends after 10 incoming attacks.44 to increase your team's armor rating.
- "None Shall Pass!"FactionsWarrior. Tactics 15"None Shall Pass!"ShoutAll nearby foes that are moving are knocked down. This skill recharges 7 seconds faster for each foe knocked down (maximum 25 seconds).545 make use of hero AI to keep enemies in place.
- Wild BlowCoreWarrior. UnlinkedWild BlowMelee AttackLose all adrenaline. If it hits, this attack will result in a critical hit and any Stance being used by your target ends. This attack cannot be blocked.58 for stance removal. Energy might become an issue.
- Distracting BlowCoreWarrior. UnlinkedDistracting BlowMelee AttackSwipe your weapon at the target, dealing no damage but disrupting the target's current action (and the actions of foes adjacent to your target).5½10 for an AoE interrupt.
- Healing SignetCoreWarrior. Tactics 15Healing SignetSignetYou gain 172 Health. You have -40 armor while using this skill.24 mostly safe to use because of the 75% block chance.
- Antidote SignetCoreRanger. UnlinkedAntidote SignetSignetCleanse yourself of Poison, Disease, and Blindness, and one additional condition.14 powerful condition cleanse.
- Comfort AnimalCoreRanger. Beast Mastery 3Comfort AnimalSkillYou heal your animal companion for 37 Health. If your companion is dead, it is resurrected with 20% Health. If you have Comfort Animal equipped, your animal companion will travel with you.511 pets are great value for a single skill slot, especially if taking physical damage support.
- Scavenger StrikeCoreRanger. Beast Mastery 6Scavenger StrikePet AttackYour animal companion attempts a Scavenger Strike that deals +16 damage. If the attack strikes a foe who is suffering a condition, you gain 8 Energy.510 if bringing a pet and some of the energy intensive variants. Reduce Strength and either the weapon attribute or Tactics by 1. Raise Beast Mastery to 6.
- Call of ProtectionPropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery 8Call of ProtectionShoutFor 120 seconds, your animal companion has a 13 base damage reduction.590 strongly consider bringing this to keep pets alive in hard mode.
- Death's ChargeFactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 0Death's ChargeSpellShadow Step to target foe. If that foe has more Health than you, you are healed for 65.5¼30 to engage and have more mobility.
- Resurrection SignetCoreNo Profession. UnlinkedResurrection SignetSignetResurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. This Signet only recharges when you gain a morale boost.3 or Flesh of My FleshFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic Flesh of My FleshSpellLose half your Health. Resurrect target party member with your current Health and 5..17..21% Energy.54 to resurrect.
- 1 Stonefist insignias on head, gloves or feet if using the hammer build or bringing "None Shall Pass!"FactionsWarrior. Tactics 15"None Shall Pass!"ShoutAll nearby foes that are moving are knocked down. This skill recharges 7 seconds faster for each foe knocked down (maximum 25 seconds).545.
- Sentry's insignias on the remaining slots.
- Best vigor rune you can spare.
- Runes of vitae and at most 1 rune of clarity to fill out the remaining slot(s).
- A "Strength and Honor" or "Dance with Death" weapon of defense or fortitude.
- The weapon should be Vampiric by default, but Zealous is required for some builds. Do not bring Zealous hammers, the low attack speed hampers energy generation.
- Tactics shield of fortitude (inscription as you see fit).
- Anti-melee. Mostly blinding and blocking.
- High armor levels against physical damage.