Channel your inner Ranger to farm some Gargoyles for Granite Slabs and other generic drops. Includes a boss that can be farmed for elite tomes (Monk, Mesmer or Elementalist random spawn). Singed Gargoyle Skulls are also a Nicolas the Traveler item.
Attributes and Skills
The energy cost of Dervish enchantments is reduced by 64%.
In PvE, gain +16 armor rating while enchanted.
NightfallDervish. Mysticism 16Vow of SilenceElite Enchantment SpellFor 10 seconds, you cannot be the target of Spells, and you cannot cast Spells.2¼10EotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank Dwarven StabilityEnchantment SpellFor 24..30 seconds, your Stances last 55..100% longer. If you activated this Skill while drunk, you cannot be knocked down.
PvE only.5¼30CoreRanger. Wilderness Survival 3WinnowingNature RitualCreate a level 3 Spirit with 60 Health and 21 armor. Non-Spirit creatures within range take 4 additional damage whenever they take physical damage. This Spirit dies after 54 seconds.5560CoreRanger. Expertise 0Whirling DefenseStanceFor 8 seconds, you have 75% chance to block attacks. Whenever you block a projectile in this way, adjacent foes take 5 damage.1060EotNNo Profession. Norn rank "Finish Him!"ShoutIf target foe has less than 50% Health, that foe takes 44..80 damage and suffers from Cracked Armor and a Deep Wound for 12..20 seconds.
PvE only.1015NightfallDervish. Mysticism 16Extend EnchantmentsSkillFor 10 seconds, your next Dervish enchantment lasts 159% longer.510NightfallDervish. Mysticism 16Intimidating AuraEnchantment SpellFor 60 seconds you have +104 max Health and take 11 less damage from foes with less Health than you.4¾20NightfallDervish. Wind Prayers 13Vow of PietyEnchantment SpellFor 20 seconds, you have +24 armor and +4 Health regeneration. Vow of Piety renews whenever an enchantment on you ends.5¼45
Variant for Vow of Piety:
- Signet of Mystic SpeedEotNDervish. Wind Prayers 13Signet of Mystic SpeedSignetFor 30 seconds, your next 3 self-targeting enchantments cast instantly. Flash enchantments do not consume uses of this skill.120 to make fitting in the Dwarven Stability cast easier. You will not be able to safely block the Elementalist boss in this case (due to WhirlwindPropheciesElementalist. Air Magic WhirlwindSpellAll adjacent foes take 15..63..79 cold damage. Attacking foes struck by Whirlwind are knocked down. If you are Overcast, this spell strikes nearby instead of adjacent.5¾8 chipping past Intimidating Aura), so ignore it if it spawns.
- If you do not care about killing any boss, just replace "Finish Him!" to maintain a safe-as-possible run.
- 1 Rune of Superior Vigor
- 1 Rune of Superior Mysticism
- 1 Rune of Minor Wind Prayers
- 2 Runes of Vitae
- 1-handed weapon of Enchanting
- Shield of Fortitude
- Windwalker's Insignia (if using Drunken Master)
- This farm is done in Hard Mode.
- Vow of Piety + Extend Enchantments > Intimidating Aura just before the first group.
- Maintain Vow of Silence while heading up to the groups at the top of the temple.
- Once you have aggro, go down the stairs on the other side and block the boss in on one of the broken parts of the stairs while getting the rest of the enemies into a ranged ball.
- On your next refresh of Vow of Silence, first cast Dwarven Stability.
- Start casting Winnowing, and use Whirling Defense as you finish the spirit.
- Once the boss drops below 50% use "Finish Him!". Wait for Whirling Defense to then finish it off and grab the boss drop.
- Head back to the ball of non-boss gargoyles.
- Use the same strategy to kill the ball. "Finish Him!" can be used to kill a straggler if there are any.
- Pick up the ball's drops and resign.
- Latency can easily end a run due to the tight window for recasting Vow of Silence. Consider the Signet of Mystic Speed variant if you are getting hexed when trying to recast Vow of Silence.
- Getting fully body blocked before achieving full aggro.